If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#200878 by JEGB Fri May 09, 2014 7:51 pm
About a month ago I was approached on match.com. After a simple text to introduce we moved on to using our personal email addresses. After two weeks passed we finally talked on the phone and then used yahoo messanger. At the three week mark he then asked for money to be wired to china via Western Union- $5000.00. I actually withdrew the money and went to WU, but when I got there they told me they don't usually do the amount- generally 2500.00 increments. So I questioned it. I tried and tried to call "Michael" to ask hima few questrions before sending but her didn't answer right away. I then left WU and went home. At that point I questioned the whole transaction and changed my mind and put the money back into the account. Michael tried to tell me that I can still send the money because that is how he does it in increments.

EARLIER LETTER SENT TO MY EMAIL:
Hi XXX .How is your day starting? I hope you are okay and preparing
to enter another wonderful new day. I will not wish a week like this
again for myself or for anybody associated to my work... am glad you
read about my work on the net , its not really easy over here , my
happiness is that very soon i will be done with my work here
I am always glad to read your mail because I am sure they are from
your heart. Honey, I must confess that you have changed my life
completely. You're the one who makes me handsome. You're the one who
makes me feel stronger. You're the one who makes me feel so important,
you're everything to me now... your text and when you told me you kept
your phone under your pillow just in case i text you this really kept
me thinking .
I cherish you more and more each new day. I thank God that I have
found a woman like you. I understand we are very busy with work but we
still try our very best to email and also communicate to each other
always. It shows how committed and serious we are. I believe we can
make a perfect match... what do you think?
There is something i wanna tell you , i have an Accent , i was born in
Norway , my Dad is a Norwegian , i believe i must have told you this
through text or in one of my email to you , am telling you this for
you to be aware so that when we speak , on the phone you wouldn't
amazed ok ... i have long to hear your voice but i just wanna take it
step after step .
I would stop here , looking forward in hearing from you , please feel
free to call me any time you wish to , because you are my concern now
ok , thanks once again for your mail and hope to hear from you soon.
Michael.

Hi xxx,
How are you? thanks for your mail. I hope you're good and having a
nice day at work.I'm so sorry for my late reply last night two of my
colleagues wanted me to put them through a technical design which I
had to do.I know you are at work right now so am sending you an angel
to watch over you in all you will be doing today.I have also taking my
time to write you about my job below, I hope you don't find it boring.
You are right about my acent I was born in, Oslo, Norway but came back
to the US with my parents at the age of 6. I left United State at the
age of 16 to attend school in Hamburg Germany. I lived in Germany for
6 years before relocating to Robert Gordon University Aberdeen
Scotland where I had my Masters. My long stay abroad makes people to
say I have German accent; whether German, Spanish, British, Norwegian
or Irish accent, all I know is that I speak English fluently. Lol
I believe in my previous message i told you my Mom is still alive she
has been there for me and my kid are with her while am off for work,
that makes it a little easier for me .
Here is all about my work and what I do at the offshore rig I was
awarded a contract from Transocean Off Shore Drilling Oil and Gas
plant here at the shores of Gulf of Mexico sub-sea for design and
maintenance of rusty oil pipelines and inspections on some of the
ongoing projects as well as make supplies to the chemicals needed for
the project.
These chemicals includes; Titanium Dioxide, Aqua Gel, Drilling fluid
and then the Coating astringents for offshore structures which is
designed to protect hyper-expensive assets from the ravishes of one
of, if not the most corrosive and hostel environments known. Huge
investments are often made in the exploration and production of
offshore oil & gas fields in remote areas that will provide energy
products for a great many years; and, the costs of protecting capital
infrastructure cannot be compromised by poorly designed, selected or
applied protective coatings systems. that is why a consultant like me
with a good experience in the oil and gas fields are needed for such
projects. Secondly, Offshore oil & gas fields provides a challenge to
not only the engineers who must design structures that will operate in
and withstand these hostel environments; but, also the coatings
manufacturers to assist in protecting those structures from the
ambient conditions that are most destructive to coatings systems which
are the Chemicals I ordered from China for over three weeks now which
is the reason while am still here on this rig cos I need to be here
till the shipment arrives for proper handling and documentation and
also for me to be paid my contract and supply fee.
My major contract areas are the reasons for these chemicals I ordered,
and they're used for the prevention of Continuous exposure to salt
spray in atmospheric zones * Continuous wet/dry conditions from wave
action * Severe exposure to ultra violet sunlight * Constant movement
and flexing of substrates * Severe abrasion from drill pipe and
casings, boat landings, etc. Sorry if I have confused you with my
professional terms but I just want you to have a clue of what the work
is all about.I have also attached a video about the company am working
for and how we got to the Gulf of Mexico. take care and know that I'm
thinking of you can't wait to meet with you , i asked for your photos
in my previous mail , i do love to see your pictures .
Michael.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri May 09, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations
Advertisement

#200880 by Bryon Williams Fri May 09, 2014 8:38 pm
He is a scammer. What was the email address he used with you. This will help other women avoid him and not to be scammed. Please post his stolen photo's.

The writing style that you posted is written by a West African male scammer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#200891 by Bryon Williams Fri May 09, 2014 11:41 pm
^^^Thank you. I see with the messenger address he changed his name. See my signature for a link on how to post pictures.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#201885 by Bryon Williams Sat May 17, 2014 7:18 pm
He is most likely still in West Africa. The new email address is another free provider that anybody in the world can get. Its like yahoo, gmail and hotmail.

#201954 by ser30 Sun May 18, 2014 7:37 am
Wow, am I glad I Googled Michael L. Voss! I met him on Match last week and I've had a few personal emails back and forth with him. While something didn't seem "quite right,", boy do I feel stupid for thinking it could possibly be real! He just told me his full name today, and the first thing I did was Google him and saw this scam warning....thank you! Good looking guy (from his fake photos), romantic, widower....I got sucked right in. The emails he sent me were very similar (content and writing style) to the ones posted here. Unbelievable. The email I have for him is [email protected]. I'm sure we all saw the same photos (him and his super cute kids). Thanks again for posting this on here...let's hope more women don't fall for this!
#201960 by JEGB Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 am
Yes. He is using the same pictures. Glad I Was able to give you insight into this scammer. It took me a month to figure out his intensions...wanted money. Twice he has "needed" money to which I have declined. I contacted match.com to make them aware but his profile is still there.
#201975 by ser30 Sun May 18, 2014 11:48 am
I was going to ask if you contacted Match. Too bad they can't do much about it. Last I checked (yesterday) his profile was hidden. I guess the saying "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is" is quite relevant here!
#202560 by JEGB Thu May 22, 2014 7:59 pm
HE CONTINUES TO WRITE TO ME- AT THIS POINT HE NOW WANTS MY ADDRESS TO MAKE ME HIS 'NEXT OF KIN'.
I WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS.

"Hello Pretty,

How are you doing today? I want you to know that i have gotten your email and i am very sorry that all this is happening baby. Honey i am stock here and my mother is lying down dead and you think i am happy all this is happening? Honey i am finding a way of coming back home soon but i don’t have the revenue as i would only be getting paid before the end of this week and want you to stand as my next of kin baby, as you are part of me and would remain my woman forever.
Yes honey i have promised you i would be coming back 7 may, but i couldn’t as thing did not go as planned. Honey i would be coming back this weekend as its time to come back home. Honey, i understand that this time are hard times for you and i am the cause of it all as you gave me all that you have, baby you don’t have to complain as your man is coming home for sure to make it all right.
Baby, please all i need for you now is your love and trust ok and we would get pass all this. I would be sending you the next of kin form from the Lawyer as soon as possible so that you can sign for me my love. Honey, i need you to send to me this detail so that i can get it through to you today and come before the weekend. Honey, give to me your full address so that the next of kin document can be on it and all would be fine for me to get paid and come back home.
Baby, i hope you write to me as soon as you get my email and please you have to check on here for my mail so you know all that is going on and when i am coming back ok. You are the woman of my heart and i don’t want anything to come between us, not even this hard time honey. We have to be strong for each other. Love you to the moon and back.

Michael. "
#245438 by scmc Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:21 pm
Thank you for reporting this romance scam. I believe reading this thread saved me just in time. This "fake" dreamboat and I messaged, emailed, and texted for about three weeks.

It sounds like it's the same guy, but he is going by "Andrea Russo" or "Andy Russo" on OKcupid now. Same "too good to be true" widower story, gorgeous photos, cell phone number and even a LinkedIn profile all with name, job title and location.

Similar writing style posted previously:

How are you and how was your night? I hope you had a beautiful night sleep and I got to say that It is nice to get In touch with you!!!Hope your morning is going On fine with you.

Thanks for your time.. I believe sharing all this is for us to know about each other!! Thank you for your time and wiliness to communicate with me. actually they all makes sense and I'm delighted that we will have understanding between each other. you have a good sense of humor from every indication and It's my personality type too! I like that.you are welcome to my world perhaps I want to take time to write to you about me! the man I really am.

I am a self consultant Petro-chemical Engineer that you know!! I have worked actively for about 18 years on my field for different oil and gas companies around different parts of the world, among all kinds of ethnics varying from English, Hispanic, Caucasian, Arabians and Co...I am from Florence Italy.

In a follow-up email the job description is an exact cut and paste from the one JEGB posted on 5/9/14. That was my tip off. The paragraphs about his job were written better than the rest of his correspondence and I started to google each paragraph, which is what led me to this thread!

He also told me he was presently working on a contract on a platform oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico... except he was texting me. You cannot text from a oil rig platform in the middle of the GOM.

"His" email address: [email protected]
"His" phone number: 803-847-5624
Last edited by scmc on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#245446 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:55 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the update.

Can you post his email address and phone number for others if they search for it.