Information on romance scams and scammers.
#201165 by Bryon Williams Mon May 12, 2014 2:41 am
This number +447086460396 is a re-direct number often used by scammers. They will use this number and pretend that they are in the UK. 4470 numbers are numbers that are forwarded to anywhere in the world. In your case it was forwarded to a mobile phone in West Africa.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#201166 by AlanJones Mon May 12, 2014 2:41 am
I can 99.99% guarantee that neither the lawyer or the bank (who are probably the same person) have ever been to London in their life.

The phone number +447086460396 is a +4470 redirect number - it looks like a normal UK number, but can be redirected to anywhere in the world. Only scammers use such number - people who are actually in the UK have no need for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#201167 by Daniel6673 Mon May 12, 2014 2:55 am
Bryon Williams wrote:This number +447086460396 is a re-direct number often used by scammers. They will use this number and pretend that they are in the UK. 4470 numbers are numbers that are forwarded to anywhere in the world. In your case it was forwarded to a mobile phone in West Africa.

How can you tell it's from Africa?
#201168 by Daniel6673 Mon May 12, 2014 2:57 am
AlanJones wrote:I can 99.99% guarantee that neither the lawyer or the bank (who are probably the same person) have ever been to London in their life.

The phone number +447086460396 is a +4470 redirect number - it looks like a normal UK number, but can be redirected to anywhere in the world. Only scammers use such number - people who are actually in the UK have no need for them.

So way do the uk have this
Numbers it's
Only harmful
#201202 by Dotti Mon May 12, 2014 8:35 am
While these numbers are abused by scammers every day, they are not illegal. There are people who legitimately use these numbers, and the companies offering them are not breaking any laws, so there is nothing to stop them.

Scammers abuse a large number of legitimate services--this is by no means the only one.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#201207 by TerranceBoyce Mon May 12, 2014 9:02 am
I regret to confirm what everyone else has already told you, that this scam bears no relationship to anything that could or would ever happen in the UK, and has no foundation in UK law.

I spent my whole working life in a UK bank and if you aren't a named beneficiary under the will you simply can't and won't get any money in any circumstances. This is just a lie, and if you pay more money it won't make the lie come true. You'll just make a scammer and thief richer.

The story is so far removed from reality I would have trouble knowing where to start to explain the correct procedure for gaining probate, and I wouldn't want to help the scammer improve his story for next time as they often read these forums. However the fact that he refers to "Money Laundry" is actually laughable (the correct term is 'Money Laundering'), not that the UK authorities require any such certificate for handling transfers in respect of the estates of deceased people.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle