Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#201448 by quindao Wed May 14, 2014 3:05 am
Am I a target of an employment scam? In the recent light on things, I had discovered some discrepancies in the qualifications and job description that didn't seem fit so well with me. I have already given up my resume and personal residence information. Would I be susceptible to identity theft now?

Fraud Points:
- They are using a free service email (gmail.com).
- The site has Moneygram and Western Union as business partners.
- They do not care if I take too long to respond back.
- There is a high pay of $50 per task.

I made sure to keep all the email contents from the scammer. I can say I received a job desciption.pdf, application form.pdf, and employement.pdf. Where should I go from here?
Advertisement

#201452 by AlanJones Wed May 14, 2014 3:27 am
It is definitely a scam.

They will send send you a fake cheque and ask you to cash it and then send the money (minus your pay) via Western Union.

There is no risk of identity theft with the information you have given them. The best thing to do is to just delete all their emails and don't respond to them and if a cheque turns up just shred it.

Please can you post some of the emails and the addresses used to help other victims avoid being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.