Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#20155 by David Jansen Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:20 pm
No, there's no one at JFK airport an certainly not with a huge sum of money. The aim for this scam is to make the target to pay for a fee in a short term. And after that some more fees and so on.
IP: 41.194.53.231 Lagos Nigeria
I am presently at JFK International Airport

"Sylvester Nwaka" <[email protected]> [Add]
To:
undisclosed recipients: ;
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:22 PM (4 hours 56 mins ago)

Attention: Beneficiary,

I am a Diplomat named Sylvester Nwaka, I am presently at JFK International Airport mandated to deliver your inheritance to you in your country of residence. The funds total US$3.6 Million and you were made the beneficiary of these funds by a benefactor whose details will be revealed to you after handing over the funds to you in accordance with the Agreement I signed with the benefactor when he enlisted my assistance in delivering the funds to you.

I am presently at JFK International Airport here in the United States of America and before I can deliver the package (funds) to you, you have toreconfirm the following information so as to ensure that I am dealing with the right person.

1. Full Name:
2. Residential Address:
3. Age:
4. Occupation:
5. Direct Telephone Numbers:
6. A Copy of Your Identification:

After verification of the information with what I have on file, I shall contact you so that we can make arrangements on the exact time I will be bringing your package to your residential address.

Send the requested information so that we can proceed.

Regards
Diplomat Sylvester Nwaka
JFK International Airport, New York

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
Advertisement