Room for Rent and other rental scams
#201406 by Sherrmay Tue May 13, 2014 9:20 pm
Hi, i meet someone in dating site, he introduce my self that he is a us military deployed in kabul.. at first sight on his profile he wear civilian. And we been friends there... i ask him if he have a skype account or ym account.. and he give his ym address... we been 6 moths conversation. He so nice to talk, very sweet.. after i ask him when he try to visit in my country so that we meet each other... and he said... i need to register there database so thay he can have a keave from work and i be the one t request it... he sai also when i registered there some of there bonuses and binefits will send to me.. but i said to him.... i am not interested what i claim from your work.. the important of me is your personality... then he said to register the database... and he give me the email add. To there [email protected].. he said to me try to email how to register.. awhen i mail they replied... and ask invalid scannex id and have 200 usd for notary for the papers.... and i told them i dont have cash to pay... the man i meet is sgte. Jensen bryan, 44 years old live in new york...
Pls help me... i want to hear some advice..

My respect,
Sherrmay
Advertisement

#201410 by vonpaso xlura Tue May 13, 2014 9:40 pm
That is a scam. All e-mail address of people in the US military end in .mil. If someone claims to be in the US military and cannot give an address ending in .mil, he is lying; cease all communication with him. Please post the address he used.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#201522 by Capt. Tripps Wed May 14, 2014 2:05 pm
It is a 100% guaranteed scam. The man you are communicating with is likely a young West African man, probably more than half the age of the man he is pretending to be.
Also, civilians (or anybody but the soldier in question) cannot apply for leave, under any circumstances. Nor is leave paid for by anybody; it is earned by time served in the military.
Scams like this rely on people's presumed ignorance of how the military functions, as it is very much an internal, closed-off institution to civilians.

You might want to read the Scammers Impersonating Military Personnel thread here on Scamwarners.

Hope this helps.
#201824 by Smith Jones Sat May 17, 2014 8:32 am
Hi Sherrmay, that is the hard part about being scammed. The scammers seem so nice and caring. They give us great conversations and loving care. Then they start asking for money and the love and care turns into a nightmare. Scammers are professional liars. This is all they do. Their job is to lie to their victims and get them to send money. That is it. Mine acted like a businessman, traveling to Malaysia. I was so excited to think of him coming home to me, as I am sure you were happy to think of this soldier coming to you. It will never happen. It was all done for the money.
Please don't tell this scammer you know the truth. After this long, even though your head told you something is wrong, your heart can still be pulled back. Stop contact. It is hard. You've gotten used to this words of love, wanting to see him. That will stop. You will feel sad, lonely, mad that someone could do this to you. Just remember, no matter what happened before, you were smart enough to come here and check things out. You stopped before he could steal your money. And now you get to stop him from further damaging your heart.