Information on romance scams and scammers.
#203043 by lorra6 Mon May 26, 2014 4:38 am
The pattern - dating site connection - message says to email - then use messenger or mobile but no further communication through the dating site Profession of love for you. Followed by accident/robbery/disaster of some sorts and a request for money. DONT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY.
Met this scammer on a dating site - Paul Hunter - in fact he has only just emailed me again. Started off as most emails do finding out about each other. This one says he has gone to Nigeria to carry out construction work. His own business that he set up by selling his home and when he finishes the contract he will be returning to buy a new house for him and his two daughters who are living with his Ex. It was all so plausible. Any way after a month of loving emails to lure me in, and I was completely suckered, came the email to say he'd been robbed at gun point and his phone and wallet were stolen. Next came can i help him out - he even cried on the phone! Made me feel very sorry and tempted to send the money even though I am a very sensible person I can see how anyone could tempted to send the funds. He is still trying to wrangle money from me and I am keeping him dangling because it keeps him from cheating someone else. PLEASE DO NOT FEEL SORRY OR TEMPTED TO SEND MONEY. Below are some of the lines he sent in emails which I searched for on google - this confirmed that he was a cheating Scammer.
It might be all the things I see on the surface, the things that everyone notices and admires about you, qualities, capabilities and a wonderful smile obviously connected to a warm and loving heart, these things set you apart from everyone else. But it may also be the big things ... the person you really are that I hope to know more someday. And it might also be the little things ... the way you talk and all your actions. I receive so much joy just being able to see a smile in your eyes even if its not face to face. If I ever figure out the magic that makes you so special, I'd probably find out that it's a combination of all these things. You are a rare combination of so many special things. You are really amazing.
I try to put this feeling into words, but fail miserably. This feeling of being both scared and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my love for you continues to grow. I never thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I want to love you right now. Yet, my love for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence.
Here I am, heart and soul, confessing to the world how I feel about you. I would walk to the ends of the earth to meet you, and yet the funny thing is, looks as if I will have to do that since we haven't yet meet. Funny how love works in people's lives. I sure never expected to neither meet nor find someone as amazing as you. You have touched my heart in so many ways and words couldn't even begin to explain to you the love I feel for you. Without further making it harder on the two of us to be together, I need to tell you that I love you and I am here waiting and when the time is right, will accept you as mine and spend forever and eternity in your arms. Dreaming of you always.

I could go on and on .... please be aware and do not get lured into this trap. I did but fortunately I managed to stop and see sense before I had sent any money. These people have no scruples and do not care about your broken heart or the promises they make. Move forward, believe in yourself and the doubts you have when they tell you that they are 5.7 tall and their profile says 5.10.

Your heart will ache for a while but this person isnt real .... they are fake.
Advertisement

#203044 by AlanJones Mon May 26, 2014 4:43 am
Welcome to scamwarners lorra6,

I am sorry you were scammed, but glad to hear that you worked out the scam before losing any money.

If you can post any email addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses here then it will help other victims that he is scamming as they will appear in Google when they are searched for.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#203990 by lorra6 Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:40 pm
thats photo is exactly the same as one he sent me ... i will post the others. He also sent me one of his supposed daughters Margaret and Lisa. They obviously are not his daughters because the jacket is for a school at a location far from where he said they lived.