Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#164751 by TerranceBoyce Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 am
Even without giving the scammer password control of your bank account the potential damage a fraudster could do you is potentially horrific. I don't want to give the scammers ideas but divulging this level of detailed personal information would enable them to take over your life to an extent you could not imagine. They can perform fraud and crime using your identity and you'd have an awful job trying to prove you aren't the criminal.

Some of the things they might do could have a devastating effect on your life for years to come and you may not immediately get to know all they've done in your name.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
Advertisement

#173677 by dragonfly2704 Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:45 pm
If it isn't difficult enough for people searching hard for employment, now they have to worry about these jokers.

Miss Lori Charles [email protected] via gator161.hostgator.com
8:55 AM (49 minutes ago)

to me
How are you *******************,

I am contacting you in regards with a job opportunity within the Company I represent.

View Business Intel is pleased to offer you the position of Financial Support Agent for our organization. We are excited about the potential that you may bring to our company.

We are a small respected IT Outsourcing company founded and based in United States. We mainly deal with the outsourcing of IT services to various companies all over the US and help to facilitate the delivery of those services internationally.

The monthly compensation range for the position is $2,300 to $4,500 and will depend upon your personal qualification and desire to learn and earn.

No special knowledge is required since we provide training and one month probationary period for our applicants.

Those interested in this position may apply by submitting a letter of interest including full name and contact number to [email protected].

We hope that you'll accept this job offer and look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Respectfully,
HR Recruiter

Miss Lori Charles
#180995 by tonylee16 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:49 am
Hi all,

I've received this email.. I presume its something similar... Got my hopes up because I really need a job hahaha

Good day Dear Candidate,

We are delighted to formally offer you an employment to work with us in our Company. Your CV was provided and reviewed by a staffing agency. At this time we are ready to offer you a position of Financial Support Agent.

The position is subjected to the following terms and conditions:
-Compensation: Will be paid in monthly instalments of 1500 GBP, subject to deductions for taxes and withholdings as required by law and the company policies.
- 8 % Commission.
- Benefits:
- Formal training via our personal supervisor training program
- Management growth opportunities
- Solid technology support
- Paid holiday
- Paid Sick leave
- Non-Compete Agreement: non-compete agreement must be signed prior to start.
- Terminating the employment: employment is at-will basis. Both parties can terminate the relationship with a notice of 2 weeks at any time.

If you are in agreement with the above outline, please let me know. This offer is in effect for 1 week.

Please review this offer of employment, if you have any queries about these please do not hesitate to contact contact us at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Abbie Nordwood
HR Manager
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#180997 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 am
Welcome to Scamwarners tonylee16,

Yes, it is a scam job offer. The scammer wants you to be a money mule. He will ask you to receive stolen money in your bank account and transfer it back to via Money Gram or Western Union. He may even ask you to pick up Western Union or Money Gram transfers.

The bad problem is the scammer is using a fake name and will never be caught. The person who accepts this fake job will be the only person caught by Law Enforcement.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#181008 by fishstew Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:58 pm
did the email come from a yahoo address? ive just one similar to it i told the scammers where to go

check my date of birth scammers.. if you note i wasnt born yesterday. dont treat me like it is
#195627 by alphadark4 Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:33 am
I just got this email.

Jessica Watson ([email protected])Add to contacts 09:36
Hello,

Here is additional information about the vacancy with Consolidated Holdings Limited.

Well, let me tell you a little bit about our company and what we do and how the role of a Financial Support Agent comes into play.
Main goal of our company is to help our clients find the necessary freelancers in various fields such as IT, legal or accounting.

The WAY the process works is: a client comes to us with a specific project and our job is to match them with the best available freelancer in our database. Once that's completed, we negotiate prices, deadlines and etc.

Your role would come in whenever there is a need for an IMMEDIATE payment between the client and the freelancer. In most cases we process all payments via regular bank transfers, however if a deadline is being pushed, that's when we use the financial forwarding coordinators, to ensure that the final product of the freelancer reaches the client on time.

Our main goal, within the company, is to match our clients needs with the best freelancers available, world wide.

Job title is Payment-Processing-Agent.

Job requirements:
- 18 years of age or older;
- Internet access;
- working telephone number;
- bank account (current/savings) or a Verified Premier or Business PayPal account. New accounts are also welcomed!
- availability of 2-3 hours per day.

Refer to the links below for additional information: http://www.consolidated-holdingsuk.com/ ... e2?lang=uk

Base salary of 1500 pounds is paid at the end of each month, various bonuses, including the Sign-On bonus in the amount of 300 pounds are also added to your monthly base salary.
You will also receive 8 commission for every transaction, 3 are designated for transfer expenses and 5 is for you.
If you are interesting please follow the link: http://www.consolidated-holdingsuk.com/registration/1

There are two steps to apply for this position. First of all you will have to complete the on-line electronic application. Then you will have to provide us some form of ID to verify all your information. It will take us about 24 hours. Then you'll get started.

For further information or to request an application, please reply to this e-mail. Also you may call us anytime between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Jessica Watson
Phone: 020 329 06298

The site looks legit but it seems exactly the same as some of the other emails on this thread.
#195637 by Mike Wilson Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:19 am
Hello alphadark4 and thanks for posting.

The site www.consolidated-holdingsuk.com is a fake and part of a money mule scheme. If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

The website has been reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#200540 by Paul Bell Wed May 07, 2014 7:56 pm
is http://www.consolidated-holdingsuk.biz/ the same company ? Its just i have signed up to them and gave them my bank details for payment and my paypal detail. I recieved the e.mail from jessica to sign up. I now have an online portal with them. I have been signed up for 4 days now and not recieved a task from them. I was just wondering if this is the company reported for fraud and if i should contact my local police ?
#200541 by Mike Wilson Wed May 07, 2014 8:05 pm
http://consolidated-holdingsuk.biz belongs to the scam group of scammers and the site has been reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#204768 by Investabug Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:00 am
I was suspicious about this offer in my mailbox which is similar to the original post:

Welcome ---,

We are not large but respected brokerage company founded and based in the United States.
Our brokerage firm is a resource for the beginner investor as well as the seasoned trader. Depending on their specific financial needs and goals, we can help facilitate various aspects of investments.

We now have a vacancy.

Here are the job requirements:
-Confident PC user
-24/7 Internet and e-mail access
-Availability (online and on the phone) for 2-3 hours a day Mon-Fri

Our firm provides full assistance and education during the probationary period. Salary rate is $2300 and 8% commission.

If you feel, you can meet our requirements, contact us with your updated contact information at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Human Resources Manager

Jason Dawson

I then expressed interest and asked for further information and this is what was sent:

Hello,

Here is additional information about the vacancy with Investment Marketing Inc.
We have experience acting for a number of institutional and private investors as well as many global businesses and always seek to maintain the highest of professional standards. Our clients are individuals, couples, multigenerational families and small institutions. They are located throughout the country, with a few residing outside US. At this time we are expanding and need additional help in fulfilling our clients interests.

Job title is Intermediary Processing Agent.

Job requirements:
- 18 years of age or older;
- Internet access;
- working telephone number;
- bank account (checking/savings) or a Verified Premier or Business PayPal account. New accounts are also welcomed!
- availability of 2-3 hours per day.

For additional information please refer to: http://www.usinvestmarketing.com/vacanc ... ce/lang/us

Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.usinvestmarketing.com/vacanc ... aq/lang/us

MAIN POINTS:
- You do not need to invest anything but your time;
- Both Full Time and Part Time positions are available;
- Base Pay along with commission is guaranteed;
- Training is part of your probationary period.
- Sales is not part of the job;

In order to secure the position and get started with probationary period, you need to create a Task Manager Account. Follow the steps below to make sure that your application is processed correctly and without any delays.

1. Complete the electronic application: http://www.usinvestmarketing.com/registration/1

2. To make sure that we eliminate any false registrations, we ask that you provide a valid proof of your identity. The documents that would suffice as a valid ID are as follows: ID or Drivers License, a recent Utility Bill in your name or a copy of your passport.
For your security, we would like to point out that we do not release your personal information to any third parties outside of our company.
You may provide any of the necessary documentation via our fax: 1-646-666-4433
If you don't have access to the fax machine, or you're unable to upload the documents into Task Manager account, simply provide a photo of the document proving your address via e-mail. Please make sure the picture is readable before submitting the documentation.
Once all required documents are received, we will review your registration information and assign you a personal supervisor who will guide you through your Probationary Period.

Thank you for your interest and please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions that you may have. We wish you the best of luck in search of your ideal job and we hope that this opportunity is something that you'll consider.

Best Regards,

Jason Dawson
Phone: 1-330-577-2996

Legitimate? Highly doubtful. If it is a respected brokerage firm, the website would not have been created at the end of April 2014.
#204772 by Mike Wilson Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:21 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Investabug,
You are correct, this is a scam where they are recruiting money mules for a money laundering scheme. Legitimate companies to not use employee bank account to process payments.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam