Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#1223 by drkalpesh Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:07 am
I have got one job offer from abuja ; nigeria.. for the post of Medical officer..

i want to know it's faq or real i m attaching mail which i got..
Dear xxxl,

It is of utmost importance to inform you that after the screening and scrutiny of your Curriculum Vitae with other verification procedures carried out, we, were able to resolve the status of your application.

On this note, we hereby congratulate you on the success of your application and as such we have attached to you the Offer Letter/Terms of Agreement that transcends any written document. You are therefore required to follow these procedures IMMEDIATELY so as to complete your employment formalities:

(1)You are to contact the Nigerian Immigration Services for a valid Work-Permit/Employment Authorization Document IMMEDIATELY so as to enable your work in Nigeria legally.

Note that the procurement of your work-permit MUST not exceed the deadline as stipulated in the offer letter as it would take four (4) working days for the Nigerian Immigration Services to procure your work-permit .Below are the contact details of the Nigerian Immigration Services:

Name: USMAN BELLO
Designation: Head of Visa/Work Permit Operations
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +234-80-75576911

(2)You are required to sign the Terms of Agreement and after that you and equally send it to the Nigerian Immigration Services , so that they will start the preparation of your works and resident permit, which shows that you are ready to join the team.

We hereby once more congratulate you on the success of your application amongst many that have applied and thereby instruct you to expedite all requirements as aforementioned so as to be able to meet the team before the deadline.
Do get back to us with developments and updates regarding the procurement of your valid work-permit.

Congratulations!

c/o: Mr. FATAH ADEMOLA
Recruitment Manager Of FUTHA.
Phone: +234-80-61151294

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.
Attachments
Attachment scanning provided by:

Files:
APPOINTMENT_LETTER_FUTHA.doc APPOINTMENT_LETTER_FUTHA.doc (138k) Scan and Save to Computer
CONTRACT_AGREEMENT_FUTHA.doc CONTRACT_AGREEMENT_FUTHA.doc (166k) Scan and Save to Computer
Advertisement

#1226 by Scam Patroller Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:21 am
Hi Drkalpesh, yes, it's a common visa scam, the scammers will find a problem with your application, you will then be required to send fees to the scammer via Western Union for your work visa, which you will never receive because the job does not exist, other fees will then be required from you for a work permit etc, please note that the Nigerian Immigration Services DO NOT use a free oued.org email address as this scammer does:

Name: USMAN BELLO
Designation: Head of Visa/Work Permit Operations
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +234-80-75576911

Oued.org is a free email domain from Gawab.com see here:

http://www.gawab.com/webfront/register. ... n=oued.org

Also do a Google search for the first part of the email address before the @ symbol, nigeria_visawork_immigration, and see these results:

Google Results For: nigeria_visawork_immigration

The results show other similar job offers have been sent to people asking them to contact the immigration service on the same email address, except it's the free "oued.info" email domain this time, [email protected]

Also, the phone number given, +234-80-75576911, that is a Nigerian mobile (cell) phone number, that's not something that the real immigration service would use, they would have a landline number, not a mobile:

+234-80-75576911
Number billable as: mobile number
Country or destination: Nigeria

If you take the text from the first paragraph of the email that was sent to you:

It is of utmost importance to inform you that after the screening and scrutiny of your Curriculum Vitae with other verification procedures carried out, we, the Human Resources Department, were able to resolve the status of your application.

Paste that in to www.google.com and you will see the same scam email format text used in another gas workers job scam email, all that is different are the scammers names, email addresses and phone numbers see here for the email and the scammers following replies:

http://cellbiol.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cg ... =&upldcnt=

Here is the other initial scam email from that link, note that it is an exact word for word copy of the one you received:

Original Message: Job scam - Offer from NIGERIAN LIQUIFIED NATURAL GAS/Total

Dear Ajay,

It is of utmost importance to inform you that after the screening and scrutiny of your Curriculum Vitae with other verification procedures carried out, we, the Human Resources Department, were able to resolve the status of your application.

On this note, we hereby congratulate you on the success of your application and as such we have attached to you the Offer Letter/Terms of Agreement that transcends any written document. You are therefore required to follow these procedures IMMEDIATELY so as to complete your employment formalities:

(1) you are to contact the Nigerian Immigration Services for a valid Work-Permit/Employment Authorization Document IMMEDIATELY so as to enable you work in Nigeria legally. Note that the procurement of your work-permit MUST not exceed the deadline as stipulated in the offer letter as it would take four (4) working days for the Nigerian Immigration Services to procure your work-permit .Below are the contact details of the Nigerian Immigration Services:

Name: Comptroller Mike O. Ademola Designation: Head of Visa/Work Permit Operations E-mail:[email protected] Tel: +234-70-31599492

(2) You are required to sign the Terms of Agreement and send it back to Barrister Smith Bidet of Expatriate Affairs relation with the following contact info so as to confirm your acceptance of the job offer:

Name: Bar. Smith Bidet Designation: Legal Adviser/Attorney, Head of Expatriate Relations E-mail: [email protected]

We hereby once more congratulate you on the success of your application amongst many that have applied and thereby instruct you to expedite all requirements as aforementioned so as to be able to meet the team before the deadline. Do get back to us with developments and updates regarding the procurement of your valid work-permit.

Congratulations!

Mrs. Helen Gregor Manager, Human Resources Department Total Petroleum PLC. Nigeria E-mail:[email protected] Tel:+234-8038944961

c/o: Mr.Ken O.Shinkafi Manager, Omar Consultancy +234-80-63652322

E-mail:[email protected]
Last edited by Scam Patroller on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org

#1227 by ColinWarrins Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:22 am
Did you submit a curriculum vitae or an application? If the answer is "no" then it's clearly a scam, in addition to the items noted by SP.

Email: Colin.Warrins at Scamwarners dot com

#1229 by dlcooper Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:08 am
Even if you have put your CV online somewhere, because you were looking for employment, you can be fairly certain that you have received a scam email that would lead to requests that you start sending them your money.

The only time that I recall seeing the curious phrase ""transcends any written document" was in emails that closely resemble the one you have received. Usman Bello seems to be a name that is particularly popular with these fraudsters.

Never trust a smiling duck.
#1230 by Ed Williams Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:12 am
You can also be fairly sure that as soon as the title 'Barrister' crops up that you are dealing with a scammer. Even real Barristers don't refer to themselves like that.

#1234 by ChrisSmith Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:48 am
dlcooper wrote: Usman Bello seems to be a name that is particularly popular with these fraudsters.

Usman Bello is a legend amongst scambaiters and warners alike. There are a couple of names that the scammers use which immediately give them away - Charles Saludo is another example.
Google the names and see what comes up.

#1248 by Emma Jones Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:03 pm
You've had excellent advice, drkalpesh, and some great research from Scam Patroller, so I'll just welcome you and congratulate you on avoiding being scammed. :D

Learn about scammers' fake sites at aa419. Report scams to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre at IC3.

#1263 by GomerPyle Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:17 pm
A lot of scammers are targetting the Indian sub-continent and posting fake job offers and looking for victims who may post their details on job sites.

Be very very cautious drkalpesh. You have done well not to fall into the trap. I am currently handling one man in India who appears to have lost Rps 34,000 to scammers.

It is very sad.
#1467 by drkalpesh Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:22 am
thank you to all of you saving me from this fraud...
i was also thinking that this must be fake...

and i have got the mail to send money by westerm union money transfer...

#1565 by John Nord Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:09 pm
Doc

Thanks for posting this here. 100% scam. I concur with GP that these scammers really seem to be targeting India. About one-third of the warnings I do go to India or nearby.

I have warned at least 50 people from India about fake lotteries recently. Readers from that part of the world need to be very careful.

#1567 by Pat Hamilton Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:09 pm
Welcome drkalpesh and I am very glad you spotted this scam before it was too late. As others have said, these fake job offers seems to be very 'popular' among the scammers at the moment so you need to be very cautious and check and double-check all their emails very carefully. I am sure it's very frustrating and time consuming if you are looking to find a position online but I'm afraid it's very necessary.

Now that you have discovered the scam you should cease all communication with the scammer and ignore all his attempts to contact you. He may well send you a large number of 'urgent' emails (or even phone calls if he has your number) so either block or ignore them and he will eventually give up and move on to another victim :cry:

#1570 by GomerPyle Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:26 am
Yes John it's a massive problem in India at the moment. I have reported 10 scammers bank accounts in India to the authorities in the last 10 days, and more to come, and I have found three victims in that part of the world who paid up in the last week.

I think that there needs to be some campaign to make people in that part of the world more aware of what's happening. I don't know if it's possible to make contact with an Indian newspaper or magazine to try and get the word out. Maybe if an Indian member or Guest could recommend a newspaper, we could approach them to publicise the problem, or even a radio station.

#1582 by John Nord Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:49 pm
@GP --- that is a great idea. Awareness needs to be raised in that part of the world. The scammers have to be licking their chops thinking of the possible 1/2 Billion + marks. :evil:

#2048 by drkalpeshpanchal Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:23 pm
thanks to all of u//.....
and thats gr8 idea to save others from scas