Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#205583 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:27 am
Attivo Financial
attivofinance.com/

[email protected]
Originating IP: 110.77.248.182
Originating ISP: Cat Telecom Public Company Ltd
City: Bangkok
Country of Origin: Thailand

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#205640 by butchuk Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:12 pm
he says he dont need bank details as the companies pay me directly into my account. i think one of the guys above hit the nail on the head. you get refunded for example £5000 you send them £2000. then the companies contest the decision by direct debit company and the money is then taken back from me. by this time they have ran away with my £2000. very sly and clever scam i just hope by posting this up here i have stopped at least some from falling into the trap. I for one am very sceptical about this sort of thing but i almost belived it but had the sens to look into it further. I think a lot of people will not and will lose a lot of money if this scam is not brought to light very soon!!
#205643 by AlanJones Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:20 pm
If there really were 30,000 companies that have this problem as they are claiming, then it would be a major story in all of the national papers, so regardless of which paper you read, you would have seen some mention of it. There has been no mention on any of the UK national paper's websites about this compensation.

One final point, even if a company had set up a direct debit incorrectly and had to refund you, that does not get you out of the contract that you signed with them and you would still owe them the full amount, which they would chase you for (possibly through the courts) - the only person gaining any money out of this is the scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#205657 by TerranceBoyce Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:53 pm
Scammers are all the while looking for means and methods to exploit bank and financial systems and, although this does appear to be a cute idea, it is always likely to fail with the requirement for an indemnity which is quite an important and serious financial document. I won't describe its function and operation in detail, as I'm not here to coach scammers (who may read this) but although an indemnity will bear an amount, the potential risk to the person signing it could be much greater as it covers the party being indemnified for all losses they may suffer as a result of paying you the stated amount, and could therefore include interest, costs and damages if the claim is unjustified, which we know it is.

As AJ states, a sudden rise in the number of these types of claims being made would very quickly be noticed and come under scrutiny. The scammer is being smart and ultimately stupid at the same time. Just because something is technically possible as a scam it doesn't make it worthwhile. I think this is one case, but it's worth highlighting it as anyone who does fall for it will lose money, not gain anything, and strictly what they're doing is illegal and it's being done in the victim's name.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle