Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#205814 by Mrhobbs Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 pm
Dear xxx,

Thanks for contacting us, we are using this email to confirm to you that we have the total amount of $2,600.00 AUD pending and the amount will be paid into your account once we receive the Western Union details for the $700.00 AUD as we have said.
We are sorry for the trouble and we advise you to get things done as we have instructed.

Thanks for using PayPal,
PayPal Team.
Advertisement

#205815 by Mrhobbs Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:31 pm
I'm sorry for the trouble but i wasn't aware that the insurance fee will be needed until hours ago. I have transferred the $700 and the total of $2,600 is now with paypal, please get the transfer done in order to receive the $2,600. Cheers.

Frank Buckley <[email protected]>
#205816 by Mrhobbs Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:33 pm
Dear xxx

The PayPal authority is using this opportunity to inform you that the amount of $700.00 AUD has been included to the $1,900.00 AUD that will be credited into your bank account. The total amount of $2,600.00 AUD is now in our database waiting to be credited into your bank account. This is to inform you that we received an email from the shipping agent that the previous shipping fee will not be enough to cover the insurance to pick up the Jarrah Table & 5 chairs, the buyer has now made an additional payment of $700.00 AUD. Get back to us with the transfer details as soon as you send the $700.00 AUD so that we can credit your bank account immediately. In order for you to receive the $2,600.00 AUD you have to comply by the rules and regulations that govern PayPal authority by sending the $700.00 AUD via Western Union Money Transfer and send us the required information so that we can credit your account.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, you can get us emailed to our customer care: [email protected]

Your bank account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested. It should either be sent in JPG format or send type details as:
Sender's Name; Receiver's Name; MTCN; Amount Sent;
You may Click Here or reply to this message directly using the reply button in your email to submit the required information or to contact the PayPal customer verification department and include either transaction ID or reference number (PP307) quick recognition of this transaction at: [email protected]
#205859 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:44 am
This is a scam. PayPal does not hold money waiting for money to be sent by Western Union or something to be shipped.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#207707 by AnitaH Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:46 am
Thanks for posting this. We are selling a pianola and Mr Buckly emailed me that he wants it and it is needed overseas. A few alarm bells started to ring for me and I did a google search on his email address, so glad I did now. Thanks heaps, you have saved me a lot of hassle. :-)