Information on romance scams and scammers.
#200903 by Figlet06 Sat May 10, 2014 1:31 am
This scammer is now called Gary McCain [email protected] +44 7937 643134
He contacted me by Facebook. I had a gut feeling about this, wasn't sure though until I searched for this text 'As you may have known, the fountain of any relationship must spring up in the mind'. And to my relief, your website came up. Thank you
Advertisement

#200905 by Figlet06 Sat May 10, 2014 1:55 am
I was contacted via Facebook - I kept a note of the first conversations, posted below, as I was wary and had a gut feeling, thankfully I was right. This scam features frequently on this site under other names.

Gary McCain -

Gary McCain
Hi, I just stumbled upon your profile and you are beautiful. I will like to know more about you if you don't mind pls.

Gary

Helloxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nice to hear from you and how are you doing? I am kind of new here on face book and I was searching for friends when your profile picture pop up on my wall and I decided to leave you a message, hope you don't mind.. eh ?! Never meant any harm, just trying to be a friend because we all need friends to lean on some day.

I am from Dublin Ireland, an engineer working with shipping company here in the United Kingdom. I will like to have your email address to enable me write you an email to tell you more about myself because I will really like to know you if you don't mind please.

xxxxxxx is an acquaintance only and we do not contact much if you must know. Hope to hear from you with your email address.

Take care of yourself and do have a great day.

Thanks

Its okay, I do understand, I will send you a detailed mail here soon then telling you a few things about me. I live in London and I will be sailing soon so i will just leave you with my details so we can keep in touch even while I am sailing and you are unable to connect me on FB.
The email is the most effective and secured way we can communicate, the facebook is too lose to exchange private info about ourselves and I really want to get the chance to know you more. I know you might have a little concern for security and I understand because I have been there too myself but the truth i s that we have to learn to trust again because we can never a good relationship or friendship without trust and honesty.
As an engineer, I work on the engines of the ship and ensure all safety proceedure are meant and sailing standard are maintained. Maybe I should send you my email address so you can reach me there just in case you are unable to reach me here: [email protected] and my phone number is +447937643134
Hopefully, I can hear from you soon again and I hope you had a lovely day
Gary

Hello Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I guess you are doing fine as always ? like I promised, I will like to tell you more about myself but where do I start from? Okay, my name is Gary MaCain from Dublin Ireland, an engineer by profession. I had my degree at the University College Dublin. I work with a shipping company here in the United Kingdom. I have been with the company for 13 years as the director of operations and I am the only child of my late parents Professor and Dr. Jones MaCain of blessed memory.
I was married before but lost my wife after a long battle with cancer five years ago. May her soul rest in peace. I have one daughter, her name is Cheery and she is twelve years old now. I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who is friendly, honest, caring, trustworthy and God fearing. I find very much peace and tranquility here. I`m 5`11" 190 bls with a athletic build , mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, a good listener, God Fearing, and a positive person.
I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father. I enjoy playing sax which I do often at my leisure time. I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, I sing, sailing, going bowling and also a good cook. I am a family oriented person, love children and there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself.
It is very important for me to build a life of stability, security, and opportunity for the special person I hope to share my thoughts, feelings, experiences, dreams and fantasies with, and to offer the best opportunities for any kid that might be included in my life, both mine and that special person's children and that is my focus at this time and I also do enjoy my job though risky because we are always on the high sea.
I am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today, I want to know more about your family, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone!. So come on and share it all with me, as I am not here to talk to you about general things such as partying, the weather, sports, e.t.c.
I want to learn about you and what makes up your heart and soul, as the friendship I want to build with you I want it to be like no other you have ever shared in or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, spirituality, love, faithfulness and potential. Hope I didn't write much of a novel.............lol.
Hope to hear from you soon. Until then, have a pleasant day and take care.
Gary

Thanks for your message with your email address and its nice to hear from you again.I have sent an email to you in response to your response to my last message here. I normally spend between two and three months on the sea and sometimes longer depending on where we have to sailand I should set sailing in under two weeks again.
Please, let me know if you got my email and I will be hoping to get a response from you too.kindly check and respond back to me because I really want to know you. If my mail is not in your inbox kindly check your spam/junk folder please.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Gary

Thanks for letting me know, i wil look out for your mail and I hope you have a nice time
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat May 10, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited personal information and quotes.
#200906 by Bryon Williams Sat May 10, 2014 2:05 am
This scammer is now called Gary McCain [email protected] +44 7937 643134

Thank you Figlet06, for updating this forum. You will surely help other women.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#200957 by Figlet06 Sat May 10, 2014 6:20 am
I hope so, I wished the forum had come up previously when I was searching the scam name. Luckily it did when I searched this bit of text
'As you may have known, the fountain of any relationship must spring up in the mind'.
And I found similar scam stories from other posts.
#201013 by Bryon Williams Sat May 10, 2014 3:08 pm
This is exactly why we ask members to post the emails, email address, pictures and phone numbers. Anything that may help a person if they search for it.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#206836 by jenniferformosa2 Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:15 pm
I have been receiving story line of unbelievable lies from [email protected] this is incredible not a trusting guy i believed that he was who he said he was gary but it seems he gives out different names and different email and different phone number. IM HURT by what ive read and iam extremely glad that i stumbled open this site when i goggle his name to find out more.Im in Shock that her has been scam romancing all these women including me as i was reading everyone post its almost to the exact if not more with what he was sending me.i was even going to meet up with him when he arrived by ship in Sydney in the second week of july. He had sent me those photos him play sax and his daughter Cherry he told me she was 12 and his face-book cover photos of himself. I like to thank everyone that has put up post on this site all about him and I Appreciate the Red alert warning about this Romancing scamming guy Gary,Mark. Donald or Bryon as he seems to of called himself. He is defiantly the same guy with the same and similar story's even those stories from 2013 some bit were different but completely the same guy. Thank you for this site Scam Survivors for helping us realize what a DISHONEST relationship scamming guy Gary is Or one of his Alience names ..... Also i like to add when he rang me i heard his voice he sounded like he was from India or Pakistan or Malaysia. He definitely didn't sound like he was from Ireland or English ascent. when i questioned him about the sound of his voice he stopped ringing and not answering my calls only emailing also he came up with excuses to not go on Skype something to do with him being on his voyage ship heading to Australia how the connection would effect the ship computers.I have extensive emails from him as i was reading every one email he sent to all these other women there were very similarities like the once he sent to me he even sent me love songs of how he felt about me from youtube.
#206852 by Grunt Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 pm
email address leads to a profile on Skype
Gary McCain --- garymaccain1
London, United Kingdom

pics are stolen from a Romanian man from Bucarest
Ovidiu Baicu
profetiileviitoruluidespretrecut.blogspot.com/
#206857 by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:18 pm
The scammer is still in Lagos, Nigeria.

Received: by 10.220.245.5 with SMTP id ls5csp438955vcb;
Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:10:28 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.194.48.103 with SMTP id k7mr6259283wjn.68.1403287827335;
Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from nm40-vm2.bullet.mail.ir2.yahoo.com (nm40-vm2.bullet.mail.ir2.yahoo.com. [212.82.97.170])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id r4si3417603wif.99.2014.06.20.11.10.26
for <Xxxxxxxxxx>
(version=TLSv1 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: none (google.com: [email protected] does not designate permitted sender hosts) client-ip=212.82.97.170;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=neutral (google.com: [email protected] does not designate permitted sender hosts) [email protected];
dkim=pass [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=yahoo.co.uk
Received: from [212.82.98.58] by nm40.bullet.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 20 Jun 2014 18:10:26 -0000
Received: from [212.82.98.85] by tm11.bullet.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 20 Jun 2014 18:10:26 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1022.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 20 Jun 2014 18:10:26 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 28085 invoked by uid 60001); 20 Jun 2014 18:10:26 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1403287826; bh=S4yBHpE539RjwbqoiDy4coZwcdiTKpNxUAzG4aWP1XM=; h=References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
Received: from [197.255.174.99] by web173202.mail.ir2.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 20 Jun 2014 19:10:26 BST
X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.191.1
References: <CA+953TE8_dKvFe17=oYOU+v+Z9U4v4sJhpGEvKquN8DOzKd+dg@mail.gmail.com>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 19:10:26 +0100
Reply-To: Gary McCain <[email protected]>

Originating IP: 197.255.174.99
Originating ISP: Spectranet Ltd
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria

#215263 by Barbara M Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:36 am
Hi to every body i'm italian and Last months i have received a email from Nike ... It's the same email that is here in this post.
He changed only a few words. Sorry for my english! I post the email he contact me in a site named Skout! Today i quit with him! I can't believe ... My God!
"Hello, sorry for my late reply
Thanks for sending me your Email Address , it is so thoughtful of you and I'm very happy to meet you on Skout , . You are too kind. I'd like to tell you more about myself but where do I start from, okay.My name is Nike Cole BeN ,1963 may 17, 51 yrs of Age,my father was from Ireland and my mother was from Istanbul Turkey. I spent some time of my life in turkey studying and later moved to Australia where I attained my master’s degree in Engineering.And finally moved than to Birmingham City UK where I live with my daughter now. I work as an Operations manager for Sparrows Offshore services Am into Many Services Like Building Solar Energy Cables So Many things, As far as Engineering Work Exist we are Ready to do your Services. I have been working as An Engineer Since 15 years as the director of operations.I enjoy my job though risky because we are always at sea. some times, I and my wife divorce Six years ago.I have one very beautiful daughter,Her name is Jean and she is 9 years old now.I am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father.I enjoy painting which I do often at my leisure time.I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room or Cabin, I like swimming, listening to music and dance to any kind of music.I am a family oriented person, love children, there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself. I am really interested in knowing more about you,your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone, So come on and share it all with me. I want to learn about you and what makes your heart and soul happy, as the friendship I want to build with you, I want it to be like no other you have ever shared or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, love and faithfulness. Hope I didn't write much of a novel.............lol.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Until then, have a Evening ."
#232157 by Dbfergs1 Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:39 pm
This person has been using the same number. He calls himself robert moore and uses this email adress [email protected] and uses this number:+44 7937 410708 he uses the excuse he is widowed and and has a ten year old daughter called Sharon, he has said he is a building contractor and is away in California, he then said he was mugged and has nothing and has asked me for £500 for him to get back, stay away from this person! He has a strange accent, and acts very open when emailing, stay away from this person
#232244 by MamaH Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:38 pm
He has been emailing me as Jason Campbell. His daughter is 11 by the name of Cherry. He wants money sent to the currier DPS Global SL. They sent a text 3236026383 & 2134556049. The #'s he has text me with are 323601686, 3236016585.He says his # is 447700082176 he tried to call me from what he says is the ship #447937643134. I was very suspicious & confronted him. Unfortunately he does know he is on this site. He told me that he is the victim of ID theft. He said he still loves me because it is based on trust. I asked him to send me a pic of him holding a sign with my name on it. He replied & said how hurt he was. When I told him that I was on to him because he wouldn't face chat with me & he wanted me to call but he wouldn't give me a time to call, I figured him out. We have talked because I called without telling him & he does have a very thick accent that is not British or Irish. I have documentation with address & signatures that he emailed to me
#232247 by Bryon Williams Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:28 pm
Jason Campbell [email protected]

Honey,
Let me start by saying that I thank God every night since I found you. You came into my life when everything seemed so dark but you provided the light to find my way. I've never been so certain of anything in my life-like I am of us. You have totally changed my outlook in life and I thank you for that. I never thought that someone could love me like you do, but guess what? I love you that much too.

I feel as if I'm walking over clouds just thinking about you. You make my life complete. I know you've said we could do foolish things while in love, but you know what? With you I wouldn't mind being a fool for the rest of my life. I love you so much and I know you love me too.

I know that others looking into our relationship might think that we're saying too many foolish things too soon but they just don't know how we feel about each other. There's nothing foolish about the things I've told you, I meant every word I said.

Honey, I don’t expect perfection from you, for I respect who you are, and I don’t expect you not to fail sometimes, for you are just as human as I am.

I don’t seek to know all your secrets, for I know that you are an individual, and I don’t ask that you fill all my needs, for I understand that you have hopes and dreams of your own.

I don’t question your strength, for I know how far you’ve come, and I don’t expect you to carry every burden alone, for I am here to go through it all with you.

I don’t ask that you possess all the answers, for I know there will be times when you’re as unsure as I am.

Babe what I only ask is that you let me be your best friend when you need a strength or laughter, your partner when it comes to our dreams and our future, your comfort when you need to forget the world outside and always remember how much I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Forever Yours
Jason

Honey,
How are you? Please I need your prayers. We are at the coast of malaysia Indian Ocean and our ship have develop a major fault and we are now moving at a very slow pace. Please pray for me and the crew members that nothing happen to us.

I love you

Honey, I just want to appreciate once more your decision to send me your contact information for the safe delivery of the package of valuables and your decision to help me in this very difficult period. It was not my intention to drag you into such a situation but what else can I do, there is no one out there that I can rely on for this purpose. My mother in-law is quite old and physically and mentally challenged, she can not handle a matter like this, apart from her, there is no one else I can trust with my life this way except you.

My telling you this was a great burden to me because I never would have wanted you to know about my challenges until it was resolved, yet I discovered that I could confide in you and trust you with my life in this matter, after all what are friends for I reasoned ?

Should I reassure you once again my queen that there would be no trouble coming to your family from this transaction, it's only for you to help receive the package and keep it safe until I arrive to meet with you as planned, you need not disclose the matter to any other person as I believe and trust that you can help me keep this without any fuss as you have indicated. I am trusting you to help me because I have no one else to turn to but you at this moment.

If I should say this, I have every reason to trust you because over time I have come to realize that you are a woman of substance and a forward looking personality and the love we share is more valuables to us more than anything else in the world.

The siege is still tick and we are hoping that things will get better and we are not over-ran by the hooligans. The ship is currently docked on anchor pending when we make some repairs to the brain-box (central control system) and receive favorable news about the marauding pirates. It is my hope that they will not come this way since we are stationary at the moment and not moving.

I have contacted the security / courier company agents to come-on-board to receive the package from me for you, once I have them here and the transaction is concluded I shall brief you and send to you copies of the delivery papers which you will present upon delivery of package by the agents.

My sweet, have a wonderful time out there and I wish I was there with you. Please keep me in your prayers for divine intervention in our situation as always.

I will update you soon again.

With sincere love,
Jason

Honey,
Thank you so much for your prayers, please continue praying for me and my crew members. I so much trust you and I know you will never disappoint me and more so when we have shared a lot these time, I feel so more comfortable with you. Honey pray for me as the situation is getting worst and we are still waiting to hear from the rescue team though I know everything will be fine soon.
I have sent you my contract documents and the money (£250,000) two hundred and fifty thousand pounds through the security company. This is an independent security company at the shore of the Ocean here who are in charge of handling of freights and other consignments.

They told me they will contact you for the delivery when they arrive Malaysia by tomorrow because they have no office out there except in Malaysia. I have never trusted anybody in my life to entrust such money in his/her hand, but I so much trust you and feel more comfortable with you. Honey, be careful with my valuables please, it is part of the savings I made for two years. I sent it to you as my good friend/wife and it was declare as United Nations Documents and so the company is not aware of what is inside the shipment and so do not tell them because I don't trust anybody except you, is only you that can open it when you received it.

Honey I have attached the Airway bill because they will demand it from you upon delivery before they delivery to you and attached also is the certificate of deposit of my valuables. I have paid the International charges here in the ship to send the shipment to you, I also ask them if you will pay any charges there to receive it, but they told me you are only going to pay for local charges to enable their office in Malaysia deliver the shipment to you in your address. I had wanted to pay but they told me it has to be paid to their office in Malaysia because they don't know the exact amount, their office in Malaysia have to pay for Malaysia government tax and local bills. Please do your best and arrange the money and send across to them as soon as you hear from them to enable them deliver to you.

Honey the unlock code number is 7752 please keep it secret.

Like I said before now, I will join you very soon as soon as I am through with this problem and get to Australia. God helping us and please pray for me. I have not slept since yesterday and we are still working in the engine room. Please honey, as soon as they deliver to you, open my valuables and remove whatever you must have spent and keep the rest in a safe place or lock up in a safe place till I come over. Do not discuss it or tell anybody because I do not want my company to know about my private business, they are not aware.

My love please copy the shipment code number and keep it secret for safety reasons. Scan and Photostat the Airway bill receipt when you know the delivery date. They will need it from you also to prove you are the rightful recipient of my valuables. Honey pray for my safety so that I can overcome this problem by his grace. We are still working very hard now to keep the ship floating until rescue team arrive.

The company is a diplomatic security company and nobody will question them until they get to your destination and so do not be scared for I will never put you into trouble.

Love you and God bless you.

Hug and kisses,
Jason

Cc: Customer Services Department

Dear

Further to your e-mail dated December 2014 and would advise that fund can be
remitted via Telegraphic Transfer (TT) to the account maintained at Public Bank by
providing the remitting bank the following information:-

1) Name of the beneficiary
2) Beneficiary's account number maintained at Public Bank
3) Beneficiary bank (Public Bank Berhad)
4) Branch name
5) Public Bank's SWIFT code: PBBEMYKL (all branches)

(Note: For international funds transfer to Public Bank (all branches),
a Telegraphic Transfer via SWIFT code PBBEMYKL (Public Bank
identification) is applicable.

Upon receiving the TT message and funds, we will credit the proceeds into the
beneficiary's account (within 2 working days) after converting the funds into Ringgit
Malaysia using the prevailing exchange rate.

A service charge of RM5-00 will be deducted from the proceeds.

Should there be further assistance required, please do not hesitate to contact any of
our branches at your convenience. Kindly refer to our website, http://www.pbebank.com for
the address and contact numbers of our branches.

Thank you.

-signed-

Cindy Ong Swee Mun
Manager
Customer Services
Banking Operations Division
Public Bank Berhad

DISCLAIMER:
E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the
use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this e-mail by error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this e-mail is unauthorised. Please notify [email protected]
immediately.
To: PBB HO BOD-Customer Services Dept <[email protected]>
cc: Customer Services Department <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Verification for wire transfer

Cc: Customer Services Department, [email protected]

Dear

We refer to your e-mail dated 18 December 2014 and regret to advise that
we are unable to reveal customer's information to a third party as stipulated
under Section 133 of the Financial Services Act (FSA).

We would suggest that you liaise directly with the beneficiary on the above.

Thank you.

-signed-

Cindy Ong Swee Mun
Manager
Customer Services
Banking Operations Division
Public Bank Berhad

DISCLAIMER:
E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the
use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this e-mail by error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this e-mail is unauthorised. Please notify [email protected]
immediately.

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s), and may contain information that
are privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, or responsible for delivery of this message to the
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by reply email
and delete all copies of the transmission. The contents of this
email may represent the author/sender's personal opinions, and
not necessarily those of Public Bank Group. As the email may have
been intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late,
incomplete or contain viruses, no liability is accepted as a result.

To:
Cc: Jason Campbell

Attention:

Please be informed that your shipment has arrived from the Indian ocean to our security company here in
Malaysia. Following the instruction, we have been advice to deliver this shipment to you within 24 hours of
arrival in our possession.

Please note that before our delivery officers proceed for delivery of your shipment, you are to pay the
sum of $2,450 (United States dollars) to enable us settle for Malaysia tax, vat and local bills and delivery
charges.

As soon as this payment is made, kindly forward to us a scan copy of your payment receipt through email
attachment to enable our delivery officers proceed immediately to your address for the delivery of your
shipment to your doorstep.

However and since we do not want to deliver your shipment to the wrong person, you are therefore urgently
advice to forward to us a scan copy of any of the following: International passport or any valid I.D card for
proper identification.

For quick delivery, you are therefore advice to quickly make the payment into the account below
and get back to us with the evidence of payment:

Bank Name: PUBLIC BANK BERHAD
Acct. Name: Nor Yusyima bt Muhamad Yusof
Acct No : 6813260616
Swift Code: PBBEMYKL
Bank Address: 7-13, Jalan Dato Maharaja Lela 30000 Ipoh Perak, Malaysia

bENEFICIARY ADDRESS: NO,1ST FLOOR,JLN TSB 10A,TAMAN INDUSTRI SG BULOH,47000 SUNGAI BULOH,SELANGOR, MALAYSIA

Reason or purpose of sending: Family use.

As we await your response, we anticipate a long and meaningful services to you. Do not forget to state the
use of the money as "family use" while you send us the payment receipt once you are done with the wire
transfer.

Yours at your services
Mrs Belinda Tang (c.s.o)
For: DPS Global SL.
Tel: +60102840635