Information on romance scams and scammers.
#206856 by CH_Woska Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 pm
Trying my luck on another web dating site (match.com), I was contacted by a Davidzzz, 46y.o., from Clearwater FL, widow and father of a 16yo daugther. He had everything but..... me of course. We started chatting on the web dating site, went on to yahoo messenger (david barnes < [email protected] >;) and he did send me numerous SMS from his mobile ((510) 698-8633) to mine, and we are talking a couple of hours a day.

He was really caring, remembered what I said, always "checking on me", wanting me to be safe, and of course, I became "his better half". He had a nice vocabulary, knew (or guessed) what I wanted/needed to hear and he was funny and interesting. We decided we would meet for his bday in FL, so I made reservation and booked myself in a hotel.
The night before I left, he sent me a sms from Dubai (UAE) where he had been for 10 days, working on a project, trying to find funds, and informing me that he was not back in FL but still in Dubai, as he did not managed to reunite all funds. My luggage was done, my flights booked and non refundable, so I went ahead.

The next day, he sms me again, this time asking if I could do him a favor.... and here came the money questions. Could I get my hands on money enabling him to close his deal, and which would of course have him book his flight back to the US so we can finally meet, and he would give me the money back right away.
Sadly, I had this experience a couple of weeks before and I refused immediately any other transaction.

A couple of his responses :
"Why didn't you listen to me with your heart and at least respond with your heart when I asked if there was anything you could do for me?"
"Why did you chose to listen with your friends ears and answer me with their thoughts?..."
"There were better ways you could have said "No" and it wouldn't even feel like a rejection"
"I only asked "if there was anything you could do"
"But the very moment I tried to "need" you, you flipped"
"And what part of my asking you a favor suggested that I was asking you for your stash of money?"

I could tell you I did not see it coming until the last, I was pleased by his :
"Waiting to receive the first message from you confirming you've arrived safe"
"Thinking about you my love...I hope your flight is smooth..."
"I love you to bits"

So I lost a couple of days, a piece of my heart, a piece of my pride too, the money for the flights and the hotel, but I decided you all needed to read this; they are out there to get you and will stop at nothing for this. Beware and be safe. I have informed match.com about this but his profile (Davidzzz) is still active.

October 3rd, 2014

Davidzzz is not gone, he his back on Zoosk, under another name, Pascal, 49, from Occala, FL. Now he is "Middle Eastern" but Christian... (hello Dubai - how to milk a story), Sagittarius, 5'9", Divorced and children not at home.Image

This is his "story" for this scam:

Most people would describe me as being a honest, trust- worthy and very dedicated person. I am very easy going, open-minded, and liberal person. I am a true romantic at heart and have a very sensitive and gentle disposition. Definitely not in to head games and always believe that honesty is the best policy.I am also a animal and nature lover, As far as interests mine are many and varied, I am comfortable doing or trying anything at least once,I really love the outdoors, sports, health and fitness, reading, computers,camping,love shopping, camping, country, beach, travelling,etc...

As I mentioned earlier, I like to do things with the other significant person in my life, but I also encourage her to go out and spend time with friends and pursue her own interests and hobbies as well. I believe that time spent apart helps keep things fresh in a relationship and makes the time we do spend together even better. I'm not one who cheats in a relationship; one woman is enough trouble ; I don't have the time or energy to juggle 2, 3, or 4 at the same time - ha ha. But I also want to be in a relationship where I can totally trust the other person and not dwell on how the relationship is NOT working.

His "perfect match"
I'm looking for someone I can't live without and I'm also looking for someone, who can take as much as I give, give back as much as I need, and still have the will to live.
I’m looking for the person who has the good quality a person. A down to earth woman, easy to get along with. A very mature person who doesn't hold pain and anger inside,who is not afraid to love a person outside from his race and who isn't afraid to take new things in her life with the person she loves. Who is willing to settle down and to commit herself and has the willingness to give her partner a space in her life.

His "ideal date":
Well I mostly like to have a night candle dinner with my first date and get to talk to each other looking into the eyes of each other and see if we both got the chemistry and not shy about each other because it helps to improve upon a relationship.

For information: he has used this picture before on another scamm - which was published on:
http://www.youreittoday.com/scammer.php?scammerid=586284

Ladies: they do not give up, they work on a series of women at the time ! In his case, he never wanted to talk (phone) or skype, just texting and mailing. Watch out and be safe !
Last edited by CH_Woska on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Advertisement

#206878 by Smith Jones Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:03 pm
Hi CH_Woska and welcome to scamwarners. I would say you learned a valuable lesson and I'm glad that is all that happened to you. It is hurtful how these liars twist us up and make us feel wanted and adored, only to find out their sole reason is to get our money. And the worst part isn't the money, it's the time and investment we made in believing it was all real and we were actually going to get to start anew with someone like that.
I know it is hard to admit and for doing that, it will help your healing from this lie. You can help someone else see what happened to you and they will know the truth also. I know, the healing process will take time but it will come. It's been year ago this time frame that I was in the same process, busy being scammed, waiting for my new love to come home to me too. Plane got delayed. Got caught in customs and arrested. Plug in any lie that fits for them trying to find a way to get our money.
I would like to ask you to post any pictures you have from the dating site and any emails you may have received also. This will further help any future victims with their suspicions and get them the info they need to stop as well.