Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#207786 by devildog76 Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:38 am
Ok so went on craigslist got a reply gal said she wanted to use yahoo messenger (didn't know at the time thatis well used by scammers) i said ok about a week later asks for money i say no she persists i say no 2 weeks after that she says parents left her an inheritance but she has to be married to get it. i keep talking to her finally i send her 150 last week like an idiot kicker is i got the money back and she says send it to a freind of hers in nigeria i spent it all after she said that i haven't got any pictures barley any details and one 10 sec phone cal the email name is [email protected] before i had suspicions i deleted the initial email everything else has been through txt on my phone
Advertisement

#207792 by AlanJones Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:56 am
There's no might about it, you're difinitely dealing with a scammer.

Just delete the emails and don't respond any more.

Please can you post the details of the "friend" in Nigeria she asked you to send the money to.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#207958 by tazmanian Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:17 am
Guaranteed, you are dealing with a scammer. Curious you got the money back but perhaps her/his maga (boss) ordered the money to be sent elsewhere.

I advise you to break all contact with these people.
#207991 by Smith Jones Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:57 pm
Hi devildog76, just an additional note if you are on dating sites. Any time someone wants to move you off the site and onto Yahoo Messenger or an instant messaging service, it is usually a warning sign. They like to move you off the site, onto email or chat in hopes they can lure you into their web of lies right away. I am also surprised you got the money back but do not let that lead to any hesitation that you were being scammed. Scammers like to mix things up sometimes to lead you away from their main clues. I got scammed because mine didn't follow what I thought were the usual clues and I just quit paying attention to other ones that told me something was wrong.