Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#208551 by jabez Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:54 pm
Hi Admins,

I hope you're doing well. This site really helps me with my previous concern.

May I ask your help to verify if this website is legit: http://www.united-commodity.com/en/

Someone (Switzerland citizen) approach me to start a business abroad about inviting investors to buy stacks for Mining/Petroleum industry.

Thank you for your continued support.

Regards,
Jabez
Advertisement

#208554 by AlanJones Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:12 pm
United Commodity AG is legitimate Swiss registered company and the addresses given on the website tie up with those on the commercial registers for Bern and Zürich.

I would be concerned though that you are being asked to invite people to invest in companies as in the majority of countries this would be a regulated position and not something a random person could just start doing.

What contact details were you given by the person who contacted you?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#208668 by AlanJones Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:40 am
Here is a link from ft.com http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/ ... s=3UI1:STU giving details of the company and the fact that it is a legitimately registered Swiss company.

I asked you to provide details of the person who contacted you, which you failed to do - it is very likely that this person has nothing to do with the company and is just using their name.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#219131 by botar Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:01 pm
Hello AlanJones,

THe compny which sold the stocks was calles mainscala AG. They were hired by united commodity to deal with new investors, that is what Unites Commodity AG said.

Right now Mainscala is not working with UC anymore but we are all reiciving calls from them. We calculate that they have scammed 10Mill€. They got investors when the stock was 22€ and few days after the value start to decrease. When this happens they call us to halfway through, to offset losses...

We need to know how to accelerate the process and where to go to report this. I have emails with Ip address which relate a scam company (EFM) with Mainscala. They are coming from the same server.
#219134 by AlanJones Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:20 pm
This sounds like "boiler room" share scam (or possibly a Ponzi scheme) - either way it is not something we would deal with here and I would recommend that you and everyone else who invested report it to the regulators in your country.