#199380 by Mike Wilson Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:38 pm
This scam is making the rounds again with more than one freshly minted domain registration companies.

Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:28 AM
To: <removed>
Subject: <removed>

(Please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)

We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in Shanghai, China. On April 14, 2014, we received an application from Huakai Holdings Ltd requested "<removed>" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names. But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is your distributor or business partner in China?

Kind regards

Andy Zhang
General Manager
Shanghai Office (Headquarters)
3002, Nanhai Building, No. 854 Nandan Road,
Xuhui District, Shanghai, China
Tel: +86 21 6191 8696
Mobile: +86 182 2195 1605
Fax: +86 21 6191 8697
Web: www.ygnetworks.org.cn

Replied that we do not have any business partners in China,

Received from ShiGareth [email protected]

To whom it concerns,
We will register the "<removed>" as internet keyword and China domain names .cn, .com.cn, .net.cn, .org.cn. We have submitted our application and are waiting for Mr. Andy Zhang's approval. We think these CN domains and internet keyword are very important for our business. Even though Mr. Andy Zhang advises us to change another name, we will persist in this name.
Best regards
Gareth Shi

Wished him luck with his business

Dear <removed>,

Based on your company having no affiliation with them, we have suggested they should choose another name to avoid this conflict but they insist on this name as China domain names (.cn/.com.cn/.net.cn/.org.cn) and internet keyword. In our opinion, maybe they do the similar business as your company and register it to promote his company.

According to the domain name registration principle: The domain name and internet keyword which applied based on the international principle are opened to companies as well as individuals. Any companies or individuals have rights to register any domain name and internet keyword which are unregistered. Because your company haven't registered this name as China domains and internet keyword on the internet, anyone can obtain them by registration. However, in order to avoid this conflict, the trademark or original name owner has priority to register China domain name and internet keyword in our dispute period. If your company is the original owner of this name and want to register these China domain names (.cn/.com.cn/.net.cn/.org.cn) and internet keyword to prevent anybody from using them, please inform us. We can send you an application form with price list and help your company register these within dispute period.

Kind regards

Andy Zhang
General Manager
Shanghai Office (Headquarters)
Xuhui District, Shanghai, China
Mobile: +86 182 2195 1605
Fax: +86-21 6191 8697
Web: www.ygnetworks.org.cn

This an attempt to get you to register a domain name in China at inflated rates.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#200037 by MarkBiemans Mon May 05, 2014 1:52 am
This is indeed what is happening to me now trying me to register markbiemans.cn.
Exactly using the text you show.
Both Andy Zhang and ShiGareth are the names used in emails to me.

But instead of warning for scam to avoid problems with a certain scam
my question is:
Is it possible to do something about people/companies
that use scam
to make money
or otherwise profit in a bad way?

Is it a crime?
#200044 by AlanJones Mon May 05, 2014 2:49 am
It is basically blackmail - they are trying to force you to pay for a domain that is of no use to you at inflated prices, in case the .cn domain has something put on it that could damage your reputation.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#206412 by Mike Wilson Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:09 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners iam7helion,
Please post any new names and email addresses used in this scam. This information will be useful for others that may be searching for information on this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#208608 by AlanJones Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:30 am
Scammer is using the names Harry Liu and Shi Gareth and the email address [email protected].

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#208662 by becauseilearn Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 am
Yes, I see these once in a while. This one was forwarded to me by the executive secretary where I work, so I don't have the original to provide full headers. The [Bulk] is added by the email service provider, so they had already caught it and put it in the spam folder.

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 4:48 AM
Subject: [Bulk] Concerning "XXXXXXX" Registration

(Please forward to the President/CEO or Brand Owner, thanks)

Dear Brand Holder,

Sorry to bother you inexplicably. We are a China's domain name registration supplier, and there is one thing we would like to confirm with your company. On June 30, 2014, we received an application form online from a company called "Tangxu International Ltd" who wants to apply for some domain names and brand name related to "XXXXXXXX". In order to avoid confusion and adverse impact on your company, we need to verify whether this company is a subsidiary of you or did you authorize them to register the related brand name and domain names? Currently, we have not formally accepted the application of that company, we need to get your company's confirmation. Please give us a timely response within 7 work days. So that we can better deal with this case. Thank you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Weini Zhao

Registration Department

T: +86 (0551) 65-120-117

F: +86 (0551) 65-123-308

W: www.pi-west.com
#212951 by inflatable_boat Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:06 pm
I recently received this email

Dear Manager,

Based on your company having no relationship with them, we have suggested they should choose another name to avoid this conflict but they insist on this name as CN domain names (cn/ com.cn/ net.cn/ org.cn) and internet keyword on the internet. In our opinion, maybe they do the similar business as your company and register it to promote his company.
According to the domain name registration principle: The domain names and internet keyword which applied based on the international principle are opened to companies as well as individuals. Any companies or individuals have rights to register any domain name and internet keyword which are unregistered. Because your company haven't registered this name as CN domains and internet keyword on the internet, anyone can obtain them by registration. However, in order to avoid this conflict, the trademark or original name owner has priority to make this registration in our audit period. If your company is the original owner of this name and want to register these CN domain names (cn/ com.cn/ net.cn/ org.cn) and internet keyword to prevent anybody from using them, please inform us. We can send an application form and the price list to you and help you register these within dispute period.

Kind regards

Jim
General Manager
Shanghai Office (Head Office)
Xuhui District, Shanghai 200070, China
Tel: +86 216191 8696
Mobile: +86 1870199 4951
Fax: +86 216191 8697
Web: www.yg-registryltd.com
#225808 by sonja2161 Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:42 am
I also receive this email today and after doing some searching on the net found your site which helped me very much, thank you. The "scamwarners" site helped me determine my next steps and assisted with me not wasting time with this company. I am also adding the email I received to your site so to help others.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: "XXXX" domain and keyword in CN
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:53:21 +0800
To: <XXXX>

(Please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)

We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in Shanghai, China. On Oct 27, 2014, we received an application from Huayu Holdings Ltd requested "XXXXX" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names. But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is your distributor or business partner in China?

Kind regards

Bob Liu
General Manager
China Registry (Headquarters)
Xuhui District, Shanghai 200030, China
Mobile: +86 138 1642 8671
Fax: +86 21 6191 8697
Web: http://www.chinaregistry.org.cn