Information on romance scams and scammers.
#208607 by HeidiK Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:26 am
Hello,

I think I may be being scam, but I am not sure as man is so nice to me. Is anyone know the name Erick Mockel?

He say he is a Consultant and also a jeweller. He is telling me he needs much money as he is stuck in Malaysia and his bank account has been frozen.
Advertisement

#208616 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:19 am
Welcome to Scamwarners HeidiK,

From the basic information you posted. I would say it is a scam.

Do not send money to anyone you met over the internet. If he is stuck in Malaysia. Tell him to go to his Embassy for assistance. It is not your responsibility to help him. His Embassy can assist him.

Please post his emails to you. Remember to remove your personal information. We can take a look at them for you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#208631 by TerranceBoyce Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:51 am
I can only confirm what BW says HeidiK.

It is implausible that someone would have no relatives, friends or work associates who could help him out, and that he would turn to a stranger from the internet ahead of them for help. In fact this situation is so commonly used by scammers that I mention in my signature line that ANYONE asking someone they've only met on the internet for money can only be a scammer. I've never borrowed or stolen money from a female I want a romantic relationship with.

It's likely that he spends all day on a computer asking females for money using the same story. The most you should offer him is advice but he won't be interested because it's cash he's after.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#208635 by Smith Jones Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:39 am
Hi HeidiK, this is standard scammer mode. Of course he is nice. He wants you to build a relationship with him of trust and love. He has already set the tone that will lead to requesting money. My scammer said he had his wallet stolen on a trip to Malaysia. He didn't ask for money right away. It happened after he said he couldn't get access to his bank accounts and the credit card company wouldn't help him. Sounds reasonable? Since we have never been in that situation, they prey on what we don't know.
First know, all this will lead to heartbreak, broken promises and an empty bank account and wallet for you. Stop your communication before the lies get deeper. And if you can post some emails and pictures here, you could save someone else from being hurt.
It may be hard to see but yes, you are headed into a scam. Be thankful you are smart and came here to check out the truth.
#208670 by jolly_roger Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:19 pm
Please HeidiK, do NOT send any money to this scam artist. The individual is sitting back having a laugh at you. It would be wise to stop all communications with the fraudulent liar. Scammers are grubby individuals who don't give a toss about anyone and are only interested in fleecing you.
#208687 by Dotti Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:50 pm
To add to what the others have already said.

It IS a scammer, no doubt about that.

1) a man who routinely practices business internationally will have an emergency plan. Most likely he will have insurance to aid him in situations like the one he claims to be in, and he will have a source of funding other than a bank account (credit cards, traveller's checks, etc.) That's standard business practice, and he certainly would know it if he really were an international businessman.

2) If he were an American stranded in Malaysia, even if he was irresponsible enough to have no backup plan, AND had no friends or family to help him (which as Terrance already pointed out, is a major red flag--even if he had no familiy, a man with no friends that has to rely on a stranger me met online should be setting off huge alarm bells!) he could go to the American Embassy for help. Helping citizens in trouble is a large part of what they do, and they WOULD get him back home. If he is claiming to be a citizen of a different country, in general the same still holds true--he would go to the embassy of his country for help.

3) Malaysia is a hotbed of internet scam activity these days. They made student visas very easy to obtain, and performed minimal checks to verify that the recipients of student visas are actually going to school. Scammers from Nigeria caught on to this, and large numbers of them traveled to Malaysia on student visas, where they then started scamming instead of going to school. At this point, any mention of Malaysia should make you very cautious even if there hasn't been a money request.

He will be extremely nice and romantic. He will use lots of beautiful romantic words and declare his endless love for you. He will promise you a bright and wonderful future. If you question him, he will get angry, and/or he will drop the request, and declare his innocence and his love for you. He will do this for so long that you will begin to think that maybe he is real after all. But he is still a scammer, and in the end, once he is sure that you are convinced he is real, he will once again try to get your money. If you stay in contact with him and you give him the opportunity to contiue to try to scam you, the only thing that will happen is that you will be even more hurt. The best thing you can do is post his email address, along with some of the earlier messages he sent you, and the one where he asked for money, then drop him wihtout looking back.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#208751 by HeidiK Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:15 am
Thank you all for replies.

I have many emails from him, but here are just some

Without mixing words with feelings, I will say you are gorgeous. I was browsing through face-book when I stumbled on your profile, couldn't stop myself from saying hello. I got entangled in the web of your catchy looks.I decided to write you, If we can be best of Friends that will result to a good relationship as time goes on.Please let me know if this is okay by you...

----------------------

Good Evening XXXXXX,Thanks for this great opportunity given to me to explain myself...Like you already know I’m Erick by name .I was born in Germay but raise In State. I am a consultant geologist in the oil energy,doh i have retired, i now serve as an offshore engineer to them..I run a Jewelry collection outfit which is really profiting and acts a perfect combo for my geology job, hopefully someday I’d let you see my collection.Hmm, what else can I say? I lost my wife in 09 to cancer of the breast after battling it for 5 painful years which saw me resigning my everyday job as a consultant because I had to spend more time taking care of her.She was a nurse,at first I didn't believe that I had lost one woman who I was so used to and had been married to for years, I wasn't ready to get involved again so I moved to Texas with my lovely son in the few years for a fresh new start.i really do not know what more to tell you, but if you can ask me, i will be very happy to let you know. please tell me more about your self. hope to hear from you soon.

Those were his first two email, actually first one is Facebook message.

This where he tell me he have problem in Malaysia and need money

BABE I WENT TO THE CUSTOM'S OFFICE AND I WAS REFERRED TO GO THROUGH A CLEARING AGENT,SO I HAVE MET A CLEARING AND SHIPPING AGENT,SO THIS ARE THE DETAILS OF THE AGENT'S ACCOUNT INFO.SO WHEN MAKING THE TRANSFER YOUR BANK MIGHT WANT TO ASK WHY U RE SENDING THE MONEY TO THIS PERSON,SIMPLY TELL THEM IT IS A FAMILY RELATIVE AND THAT YOU KNOW THIS PERSON PERSONALLY SO THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO PUT A HOLD ON IT. THE US BANKS ARE ALWAYS VERY INQUISITIVE WHEN SENDING LARGE AMOUNTS OUT TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY. WHAT YOU WILL DO IS TO TELL THEM THAT U WANT TO MAKE A BANK TO BANK SWIFT TRANSFER.AND ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THE TRANSFER KINDLY SCAN THE TRANSFER RECEIPT AND SEND IT TO ME HERE ON FACEBOOK OR MY EMAIL. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY INSTRUCTIONS HONEY?

BANK NAME: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
BANK ADDRESS: NO.30,JLN PUTRI 1/2,BANDAR PUTRI,47100 PUCHONG SELANGOR,MALAYSIA
ACCOUNT HOLDER'S NAME: HASLINA BINTI ABD RAHMAN
ACCOUNT HOLDER RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS: FLOOR 2,APT 10 TAMAN DESA,OLD KLANG ROAD,KUALA LUMPUR,MALAYSIA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 6331-9485-1034
SWIFT CODE: SCBLMYKXXXX

The above last email I receive on a week or so ago and as yet I not reply to him, but he keep send mails asking if money is sent. I told him first that 50.000€ is much money and I have to talk to my bank to release funds and he tell me what can I send easy.

This is his emails address and phone

[email protected]
[email protected]

I have many other email, but they are like the small chat and compliments. He also had Facebook, but I am not able to find it now
#208753 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:39 am
That is not the writing of a German or a geologist. That is the writing of a West African. As Dotti mentioned, there are many Nigerians in Malaysia.

Please post the small talk and compliments. They are probably script (boilerplate messages that scammers keep to send at appropriate times), so other victims may be searching for the same text.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#209031 by HeidiK Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:51 am
Here are more of his emails

Hello XXXXX you are a beautiful woman, every man dream,a model of all mother...a woman of excellence...a pride of her husband...just cant find the right words to tell how much joy you have brought to my life with this mail you sent to me I seriously speaking you melts my heart when ever am looking at your picture or reading your email. Thanks for given me a space in your heart you can take mine if you want to, take it forever if you want to and i will be willingly give it you. hope to read from you soons my snow white.

----------------------------

Good morning to you and all around you, hope you had a wonderful night rest? Mine was great and i am at the office now trying to start up with work for the day when the thought of you came into my mind and i decided to send you this mail to say a warm good morning to you. When you wake up in the morning, kiss your loved one on the forehead and wish them a good day. Like the sunshine in the morning, may this brighten your day, and remind you that you're thought of in a very warm way. Have a lovely day and know that you are thought of always by me over here and i wish you the very best for today. I promise to cherish this friendship forever.You have no idea how good it feels to wake up every morning knowing that i have a special one...wish you a lovely day with lotz of love from me....kisses xxx

--------------

The feelings that I’ve felt for you all along begin to resurface. Only this time, I am free to act on them without fear of upsetting you. Thank you, (Gloria). What more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her love across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea how you make me feel for acpt me into your life. This feeling of being both scared and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my love for you continues to grow.Ever since you walked into my life, I have been smiling. There hasn't been a day when I have gone to sleep with a frown on my face, and it's all because of you. once again i wish you Long life and prosperity with lotz of love.....Kisses

In the above last message Gloria is not my name, I ask him about that and he say he in hurry and it is name of sister as he write to her at same time and get confuse.

He also call me one time on a number that start with a 60 and left voice message. Does that mean he was really travel to Malaysia?
#209175 by Smith Jones Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:49 pm
HeidiK, if you read #3 of Dott's post, you will understand that scammers now travel to Malaysia and stay for extended periods of time I know my scammer had a phone that had a Malaysian number, and he also had one for Vancouver, BC and my local area. It doesn't really matter if his location is accurate. What matters is he is a scammer. Don't be fooled by any portion of the story being true. The sum total shows he is a scammer
#209180 by Dotti Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:54 pm
He is undoubtedly an African scammer who is staying in Malaysia.

"Gloria" is undoubtedly another woman he is either currently trying to scam or that he scammed in the past. He would have sent the same message to this other victim (and likely several others too.) When he copied the message to send it to you, he forgot to change the name.

If in doubt about this scammer, just look here:
http://anti-scam.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB. ... 5619239/21

Look at the post by "Queen" on that page dated 4 Mai 2013 and you can see that he used the same script, only making minor changes, over a year ago, but he used a different name and photo that time. That is what these scammers do.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.