Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#209062 by Keiko Tsushima Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:12 am
I received new fraud mail through LinkedIn again. My friend helped me and found out below,
My name is Prof. James Anderson (PhD) I am a lawyer based in the United Kingdom.

I was an attorney to a certain Japanese man by name Mr. Susumu, and he has the same family name as you, he died in the Tsunami Disaster with all his family unfortunately.

He left behind a huge amount of money in a bank in my country amounting to a total of $50,000,000.00 (Fifty Million United States Dollars) kept in the bank safe deposit vault, He was living here in UK with his family and was into business of crude oil brokerage within the entire Europe and Middle East, and I asume that was how he acquired all his money.

I have been searching for anyone related to him for a year now but have been unsuccessful, and the reason I am searching and looking for anyone related to him is because the bank where he kept the $50,000,000.00 (Fifty Million United States Dollars) has contacted me as his lawyer to help locate any member of his family so that the funds can be released to them.

I have searched through the Japan Embassy here in UK but they told me that no one related to him is still alive in Japan, although I already know that he was an only child of his parents , he was born in the USA when his parents traveled down there for holiday so many years ago, and this makes him a dual citizen of both Japan and USA, his parents later migrated finally to USA to settle and there they both died at old age, when he was young he used to live with his parents in Yuriage Miyagi prefecture, this was why he liked to visit Japan every holiday with his wife and two beautiful daughters to remind him of fishing with his parents, he was in Yuriage Miyagi when the Tsunami hit Japan and killed him and his family, though their bodies were not found as government of Japan assumed some people has been washed into the sea during the disaster and have been labeled missing person and undiscovered ever since then.

I decided to use his last name to search for any of his extended relative, and this was how I got your contact details on www.linkedin.com, I have decided to send you this message to check if you are related to this person,because the bank has informed me that if I am not able to locate any member of his family they will take the whole funds as their profit according to the banking rules and regulations of my country which states that after one year search of the deceased families or relatives that the bank should regard any funds left behind by a dead person as their profit and declare it unclaimed, I do not want the bank to take all the whole money to themselves while so many people who may have needs for such money are out there even in the same Miyagi.

Respond urgently to this inquiry to inform me if this person is your relation in any way.

Sincerely Yours,

Prof. James Anderson (PhD)
Mobile:+44 7459245188
Tel: +44 702 402 0144
Fax: +44 203 163 0926
Address: 150 Kings Road, Brentwood, Essex, CM14 4EG UK
This is almost same I had before and the name of James Anderson, UK lawyer was used in my case as diplomatic in China. This time James Anderson take over the lawyer position. The phote of James Anderson was used in my case as Harry George. They are so sly and evil to deceive vulnerable people.
I was scamed US$ 279,000 and sufferng my own life now.
In a way all my families are also vivtims of advance fee fraud. Because I used my son's start new business money, my husband's saving for repaire of home and car, my daughter's deucation fee without asking them!
They deceived me to help them and I was told that "All you need to do is to trust me and follow my instructions, and I assure you that in the end you will be happy and proud to work with me."
I was beleived that he is going to charity to Japanese Tsunami victims.
Anyway he used me and took US$279,000 from me! All money scammer made me to wire transfer to thier accomplice's dummy company in China, MASTER GOLD INVESTMENT LIMITED in Taipei and Hong Kong,
LEADMEGA LIMITED in Shanghai. Is there someone know if this LEADMEGA related in UK's company?
Anyway, Hong Kong police could not found how Harry and this company related.
I have no more option where to ask help!
Scammer need to pay their illigal acts!! They are still threaten me to telling me to arrest me!
What for? They are the one deceived me and took money and make me feel like stay in the hell now!
Advertisement

#209185 by Mike Wilson Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:55 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners keiko,
I am sorry to hear that you lost money to this criminal. The website has been taken down because of the fraud.

Addition details can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84788&p=200592

Just ignore the emails and threats because they are located in Nigeria Africa and are after easy money and will not file charges because they will not risk being arrested.

If you have additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#209231 by mariko Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:57 am
Hi Keiko- San

As I mentioned before via email, Harry and James are same gangs. They are in Nigeria. You should not be bothered by their threats. They can not arrest you or bring you to the court. Please change your SNS and email accounts and any other contact procedures and shut down all their contacts. No points to investigate companies in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. These money recipients are mule companies or agents who help receiving money and transfer to Nigeria.