Information on romance scams and scammers.
#144216 by TerranceBoyce Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 pm
The simple truth is Jessecca09281978 that if someone you've met online asks you for money, he's either a scammer or a bum. If he intended a future life with your mother, she'd be the last person he asked for money. A normal person would have a bank account, friends, work colleagues, employers and family he'd ask first and who know him better, and could get money to him quicker and more reliably, and trust him to pay them back.

If she seeks an online romance that lasts as long as she keeps paying money, that's all she'll get, but he won't stop even when the money's gone. Scammers will suggest loans, selling property, borrowing off friends and even stealing - their needs are unlimited. The deeper in debt she gets, the more she'll have only this unreal dream to look forward to as her life descends in to misery. This can become an addiction and if the money stops so will the relationship, but true love doesn't depend on paying cash, but it does to a scammer.

He's virtually told her where he's from and he'll most likely be an African scammer who does this all day long to 100's of women with a few hooked. Not all pay and they all run out of money eventually, so he'll only stick with regular payers. If he's received money already from your mother he won't let go easily. She's money in the bank to him.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
Advertisement

#147522 by Jessecca09281978 Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 pm
HAere it is January 28,2013 and my mom is still talking to this Clayton Riley (LIER) I have sent him pictures of himself I downloaded from this site and they are the same pictures he has sent my mom and he says the pictures posted here are not him (LIER) they are the same person. He has farther continued to ask my mom for her banking ininfo and passwords to have money deposited into her account once again for the second time after she has already been scammed by him for THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND AN OVERDRAWN CLOSEED CHASE BANK ACCOUNT NOW HE WANTS TO MESS UP HER CREDIT WITH BANK OF AMERICA WHERE SHES BEEN SINCE THEY STARTED AS NCNB. I told her no and she hasnt done it yet but Im afraid she will give in yet again to be Taken advantage of and scammed please help!
#150205 by jolly_roger Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:35 pm
Sadly it's not uncommon for this to happen. It sounds like some type of professional help is needed.
a) Is there a trusted and respected family member that could quietly talk to her in a relaxed atmosphere? I am puzzled why she keeps in contact with a scammer when it's clearly shown to be a trickster. I agree not all people online are ratbags but it sounds like she cannot differenciate between the good and bad. Make no mistake she's mixed up with the wrong sought by continuing dialogue with the scammer! And a trusted third party she knows, may be able to get through to her.
b) Can you contact a local office of the Consumer Protection Department? They are well versed in different scams and maybe an officer from said office could give advice over the phone or maybe visit them? That is what they are for is to help people. In many instances they have a 1 800 or a local call fee phone number which would not be expensive to call. If they are like our local office, they will be on the ball quickly and are good at helping people.
c) Do you have like a community centre in your locality? Many good decent folk visit these centres and maybe there is an outreach service available there? If not the manager may know of someone who could help in some way? The local police will be no help. They are too busy with rapes, burglaries, vehicle accidents and the like.
d) Perhaps give your local Legal Aid office a ring on the phone. They may be able to point you in the right direction.
Hope some of these ideas are of interest to you. It sounds as if you need help and this problem is obviously too daunting to face by yourself.
#181101 by CCR1104 Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:58 am
I received the identical email from a Cole Schubert who says he's from Boston but is in Singapore working as a civil engineer. He found me on Zoosk under the name "allworthitreal" Head's up, ladies....he's still out there.
#210382 by womanswrath Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:46 am
Thomas Larsson (aka scammer creep) is still operating his scams on unsuspecting women - using pictures of a really really 'hot' guy to romance women into giving money... using the email [email protected]...
same dialog as reported here, using different towns - but same story. Ultimately, a dead end leaving those who choose to go down that road in ruins - emotionally and financially if he gets into your wallet. Beware ladies! I've reported him to law enforcement and to the forums he is using to propagate his deception... Here's the site of pictures he's using.... Hope this helps others....
posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=14638&sid=097e6e416a2054fb20ce5c1aa2e36995#
#210871 by jolly_roger Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:40 pm
Much obliged womanswrath. Thank-you for the update to the scammers profile. Others conducting an internet search will be less likely to get their fingers burnt.
#211473 by womanswrath Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:47 pm
Welcome.... Ladies see that smile and its all over....keep in mind, the creep is posing with these pictures - I'm not sure if the link is to the real guy or not....
#211737 by warbait Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 pm
Hi womanswrath, the gentleman in the photos will have no idea what is going on. It's also awful for the people whos photos are used, as some people genuinely believe it is them, and the poor mans name gets tarnished.
#221628 by Ladyclara Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:21 pm
sounds familiar

Here's one from match. Exact language.

Match Profile: Love2loveu4u4614

Hey dear, how are you doing? I'm Klemens, I saw your profile and i couldn't help my self but send you a MSG. Well, I hope you get this mail and it really finds you well. I really enjoyed reading your profile & everything you have to say about yourself, I think we have a lot in common & would be really nice to get to know some more about you!

Second email

Hello Dear, Thanks for making the time to drop me an email before going to work.Am a very fun, caring, sweet, romantic, adventurous,loving and kind man. I want to find someone to be happy with, & give all of the love I have in my heart to share with a life partner, I just want anything I get myself into at this time of my life to be the last relationship of my life that would last FOREVER!

So i believe contacting you today has a good reason, If you are interested and you will like to talk.. you can email me on [email protected] hope to hear back from you soon.

Klemens

3rd message
Hello *******, how are you doing this evening? It's nice reading from you again. I would love to tell you a lot more about myself but i don't here is the best place to share a lot. My subscription will be due soon and i don't intend to renew again. So i would be glad if you would contact me at my private email contact i already sent you, which is this........... [email protected] Email me and lets get to know each other better.

Does the language sound familiar?

Hey dear, how are you doing? I'm Klemens, I saw your profile and i couldn't help my self but send you a MSG. Well, I hope you get this mail and it really finds you well. I really enjoyed reading your profile & everything you have to say about yourself, I think we have a lot in common & would be really nice to get to know some more about you!

Second email

Hello Dear, Thanks for making the time to drop me an email before going to work.Am a very fun, caring, sweet, romantic, adventurous,loving and kind man. I want to find someone to be happy with, & give all of the love I have in my heart to share with a life partner, I just want anything I get myself into at this time of my life to be the last relationship of my life that would last FOREVER!

So i believe contacting you today has a good reason, If you are interested and you will like to talk.. you can email me on [email protected] hope to hear back from you soon.

Klemens

3rd message
Hello ******, how are you doing this evening? It's nice reading from you again. I would love to tell you a lot more about myself but i don't here is the best place to share a lot. My subscription will be due soon and i don't intend to renew again. So i would be glad if you would contact me at my private email contact i already sent you, which is this........... [email protected] Email me and lets get to know each other better.

Second email

Klemens

3rd message
Hello ***, how are you doing this evening? It's nice reading from you again. I would love to tell you a lot more about myself but i don't here is the best place to share a lot. My subscription will be due soon and i don't intend to renew again. So i would be glad if you would contact me at my private email contact i already sent you, which is this........... [email protected] Email me and lets get to know each other

Does the language sound familiar?