Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#206606 by mzkimberly1971 Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:32 pm
Hello I recently saw an ad on Craigslist and requested more info the ad posted is as follows:

LAUNCH AN EXCITING REAL ESTATE CAREER AS A PHOTOGRAPHER - PART TIME (Chicago)

compensation: $100/shoot .... Negotiable pay, flexible schedule
part-time

We are looking for people who live in and around City of Chicago and the Suburbs, who have access to a Phone with Camera, reliable transportation, internet -- and are looking to make money $$ taking pictures of homes.

**Those already doing field service work are encouraged to apply. Also, Students, employed, unemployed, retired or semi-retired are welcome as long as you have the requirements**

Photographers are trained to take the necessary photos required for each property and either upload them into a database (web based) or e-mail them to us.

Position requirements:

Reliable transportation
iPhone, Samsung or any phone with internet access
Internet access
GPS or access to mapquest (or similar websites)
Dependable
Available to work on short notice

Position details:

Take 6-8 exterior photos of homes or 15+/- interior pictures of homes.
12-24 hour turnaround time.
Upload pictures into a database (web based) or e-mail to us.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4495381366 posted: 19 days ago updated: 19 days ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]

So I responded and received the following emails:

On Jun 13, 2014, at 10:42 AM, PRIETO ANTHONY <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi there,

I am very glad you decide to respond to my craigslist ad and make some extra cash. We are a real estate investor and have properties all over the United States, Europe and Asia. I am the Hiring Manager / Project coordinator for Triple five Group based in Canada.

This position is a part time position and your major duties includes:

1. Meeting with Realtor or Landlords as scheduled by me.

2. Visiting property around your town/zip codes and taking pictures

3. Uploading the pictures through Dropbox, Drop send or any other file sharing platform you are familiar with.

4. Getting paid to do the above duties.

Your essential equipment’s for this duties includes:

A working Cell Phone Number

Reliable Transport.

A Camera

Computer with internet access.

I have scheduled a list of properties to work on in your area for next week and I will be emailing you the address of the properties along with the Realtor you will be meeting to have your duties performed.

You will be working 4 hours during the scheduled period and you will be paid $25/hr. and you will be working 3 days in a week depending on your flexibility.

If you agree and confident you can perform the duties, I will like you to fill the short application form below and if you are approved, a check payment will be sent to you upfront along with your employment package;

Full Name:

Contact Address:

Apt #:

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Cell Phone Number:

Home Phone Number:

Best time of Contact:

Looking forward to a good working relationship with you.

On Jun 18, 2014, at 1:06 AM, PRIETO ANTHONY <[email protected]> wrote:

Good Morning,

I will like to congratulate you for being part of our company and I sincerely hope you will do your best and contribute positively to our development.

You have been assigned to be the coordinator for other employees around your area and this involves you meeting them and collecting the assignments they have performed. You will also be in-charge of their pay; you will be disbursing their pay every week as you will be instructed by me.

I am glad to inform you that your employment package has been mailed and it will be delivered this morning through the US postal Service; here is the tracking number of the package 9470110200828221810848 ; you can look up the status at www.usps.com.

The payment sent to you includes the payment for your first assignment and the rest will be for two other employees in your area. I will e-mail you their name and contact number as we proceed.

Kindly have the check deposited in your account today as instructed by the issuer because they made me to understand that it takes 24 hours for the funds to be made available and kindly e-mail me a scanned copy of the deposit slip given to you at the bank.

I'll await to read from you today and have a wonderful day.

So needless to say I received a check and am contacting the appropriate people to report them!

:D :laugh-s:
Advertisement

#210483 by jessicarabbit Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:12 pm
:=) Thank you Kim!

I received the same reply to the same ad, but for the LA area. I won't respond any further.

PRIETO ANTHONY ([email protected])
6:48 AM (10 hours ago)

to me
Hi there,

I am very glad you decide to respond to my craigslist ad and make some extra cash. We are a real estate investor and have properties all over the United States, Europe and Asia. I am the Hiring Manager / Project coordinator for Sutton West Coast Realty in Canada.

This position is a part time position and your major duties includes:

1. Meeting with Realtor or Landlords as scheduled by me.
2. Visiting property around your town/zip codes and taking pictures
3. Uploading the pictures through Dropbox, Drop send or any other file sharing platform you are familiar with.
4. Getting paid to do the above duties.

Your essential equipment’s for this duties includes:
A working Cell Phone Number
Reliable Transport.
A Camera
Computer with internet access.

I have scheduled a list of properties to work on in your area for next week and I will be emailing you the address of the properties along with the Realtor you will be meeting to have your duties performed.

You will be working 4 hours during the scheduled period and you will be paid $25/hr. and you will be working 3 days in a week depending on your flexibility.

If you agree and confident you can perform the duties, I will like you to fill the short application form below and if you are approved, a check payment will be sent to you upfront along with your employment package;

Full Name:
Contact Address:
Apt #:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:

Looking forward to a good working relationship with you.
#211625 by AlanJones Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:29 am
Any cheque sent to you will be fake.

Shred or deface it, but whatever you do, do not try to cash it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#211967 by Longmont58 Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:07 pm
I am thankful that this forum exists & with exactly the same message I received.
Bank was suspicious of the check I received when they first glanced at it.
They then proceeded to verify funds & announced it officially fraudulent.

Here is the check I received.
It nearly bounced when I dropped it on the ground. he he
Don't fall for this scam artist - Prieto Anthony.