Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#212264 by pifstones Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 am
1. Thanks for the email, i do want to buy it for my family as surprise gift i will want more pictures of the interior and exterior i will be very happy to ask you few things about the vehicle cause i will not be able to come over and test drive it due to my working conditions .i work in hospitality firm so am always busy below are few things i need to know about the item:
2. Mate am okay with the price.i would like you to get back to me with your paypal email address so that will can made the payment in time
3. Am live in united state of American.i have pick up agent that will come for the pick up as soon as the payment as clear into your account...
[email protected]
Do you think that this a scammer ?
Advertisement

#212271 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:58 am
Welcome to Scamwarners pifstones,

Yes, it is a scam.

The scammer will send you a fake paypal payment. He will use a free email address with a screenshot of payment made. In reality no payment has been made.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#212280 by pifstones Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:37 am
Thanks for the welcome, and I had my doubts about this guy, just by the way he talked (typed). How can I get this scammer to reveal himself ? I want to have some fun :)
#212299 by HillBilly Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:00 pm
Hi and welcome, pifstones,

pifstones wrote: How can I get this scammer to reveal himself ? I want to have some fun :)

In broad terms, you can't get the scammer to "reveal" himself. Most of them have so many personalities, they have lost touch with the person they were born as. The best advice we can give you is to just drop it completely, before you become emotionally involved with the thief.

#212319 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:39 pm
Am live in united state of American.i have pick up agent that will come

NO American would write like that! That is the writing of a West African scammer.

Do not sell a car to someone who hasn't seen the car in person.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10