Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#212756 by bluelegomaster Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:49 am
So i got a text early this morning. I thought it was weird. I found this website (Scamwarners.com) when i looked up the software he wanted me to buy. Here are the text messages. My thoughts are in () and italics.

Hello (My name, I removed it)

Me to 92602
Who is this

92602 to me
Sorry to bother you, your resume has been accepted by our company and you have been selected for an online interview with me...

92602 to me
Are you interested?

Me to 92602
What company and doing what? Who I am I talking to?

92602 to me
I'm Mr Marcus from the company of Aisin , Kindly check the company's website http://www.aisin.com

Me to 92602
Ok, I checked the website out. (The website looked real at first then it started to look fake too. I don’t know if it is real or not)

92602 to me
Good ,can we proceed with the job interview?

Me to 92602
What is the position?

92602 to me
The position available are Geography , Gis Techician, Gis Analyst, Data Entry , customer service, Manager, which are you applying for?

Me to 92602
I am not sure. Where are they located? (I did not apply for any position with him)

92602 to me
You will be working online for the main time before the company set a Mini office close to your home (why is Mini capailized, like it was the Mini Cooper)

Me to 92602
Wow, that is interesting. Do you know what website the company found my resume on?

92602 to me
Yes...www.gisjobs.com (Real site that I did post my resume on)

Me to 92602
Ok. I guess GIS Tech would be a good place to start.

92602 to me
Alright..Can we proceed?

Me to 92602
Honestly I don't think I am ready to work online from anywhere. I am still going to school online and taking care of my kids at home.

92602 to me
Alright but you are simply saying you don't need money to sustain your family and besides the hours are flexible .you are free to set your time (nice way or twisting your feelings to get you hooked even more)

Me to 92602
Ok, how's the online interview work?

92602 to me
Just follow the briefing and you can ask questions when i am through. Let me know when you have finished reading and understanding every line. (Ok this is not an online interview)

92602 to me
You will be allowed to ask questions later.With each line just respond with an Okay. (Starting to sound demanding)

Me to 92602
Okay

92602 to me
This is strictly an online and work from home job and you can as well work from anywhere of your choice or anytime that does suit you

92602 to me
You can choose to work during Morning, Afternoon and even during evening also day and night shift let me know if you are interested so we can p

92602 to me
And the pay is 40 per hour training is $10 per hour and will get payment bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck

Me to 92602
Okay

92602 to me
You will undergo two week training from your training supervisor,he will be training you on how to work with the programs accurate (accurate what? That was the first sign to me that this didn’t seem liget)

Me to 92602
Ok

92602 to me
THE DUTIES ARE:
1. Answer telephones
2. Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
3. Perform general clerical duties to include

92602 to me
4. Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
5. Sign UPS/Fed Ex/Airborne packages.
6. Research, price and purchase supplies.

92602 to me
7. Assisting your superior attached to you, Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
8. Maintain and distribute weekly schedules.

92602 to me
Can you handle the Job duties if you are being trained towards it ? (Sure I can handle those jobs but what do they have to do with GIS, nothing)

Me to 92602
Sure

92602 to me
We are now on question and answer interview section. As soon as you are done answering any question, you are to write DONE...Understood ?

Me to 92602
OK

92602 to me
Are you seeking for part time or full time job?

Me to 92602
Full time. Done

92602 to me
Are you currently employed ?

Me to 92602
Part time with National Guard, one weekend a month.

92602 to me
Alright.. (he has no idea what this is)

92602 to me
How many hours will you be able to devote for the company daily?

Me to 92602
8. Done

92602 to me
How much do you want the company to pay you ? (why are you asking me this, you told me the pay rates already)

Me to 92602
$40.00 per hour after training. Done

92602 to me
Have you ever dream of starting your own business?

Me to 92602
No. Done

92602 to me
What means of Payment do you prefer ? Check, Direct Deposit ?

Me to 92602
Direct Deposit. Done

92602 to me
Alright...(sounds disappointed doesn’t he)

92602 to me
Are you married? (what does this have to do with my job?)

Me to 92602
Yes. Done

92602 to me
You will be needing some Gis software's to get started which you will be reimbursed back on your first paycheck.

Me to 92602
How much is the software and what is it name? Done

92602 to me
The company will provide all your working materials but you will be getting the software's yourself and get reinursed

Me to 92602
Ok. Done

92602 to me
You are to purchase this software's from the shipping agent who we have been buying from for years now

Me to 92602
Okay. Done

92602 to me
The cost of the software is $250 , You will be reimbursed back on your first paycheck.

Me to 92602
Okay. Done

92602 to me
I believe you will be able to start your training tomorrow morning? (wow that’s fast and again demanding)

Me to 92602
I cannot start working until August 25. My kids start school then.

92602 to me
Oh ok, all you need do now is to get the soffware , the company will be planning on setting your Mini office (again disappoinment)

Me to 92602
What is the software?

92602 to me
Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with Myob business essentials software 2014, US Patent Single Users Pack

92602 to me
HD Upgrade,Norton Ghost 9.0,Microsoft Office XP 2014 Standard Upgrade,Peach tree Premium Accounting 2011.2014 (none of these softwares are GIS related)

92602 to me
Do you have anu idea of these softwares?

Me to 92602
I just looked them up. This is scam. Have a nice day.

When is did look up the US Patent Single Use I found this website. That’s when I texted him that this was a scam. After I went to gisjobs.com and deactivated my resume.
Advertisement

#212806 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:33 pm
It's a scam, no company hires with only an online interview. Please don't tell scammers that it's a scam. Just leave them hanging. Thanks for posting!

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#222938 by Dylan45610 Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:59 am
I received a text from Aisin, Inc., asking for me to go onto Google Hangouts for an interview & job briefing. After 30 minutes I had received a job offer and was told a check would be mailed to my home. I became suspicious when the check arrived with no details regarding the job and, when inquired, I was told that the vendor they purchase their office equipment from provides all such documentation.....

While this [Aisin, Inc.] may be a legitimate company, the strange spelling/grammatical errors, irritating use of caps (OKAY), and inability to provide a live voice to settle a potential employee's worries was enough for me to refuse to go forward.

What's more, I found after only 10 minutes of searching that Ms. Bobbit, the HR rep, took her Google Hangouts profile photo from a collection of stock photos rather than using an accurate picture---See link below:
http://www.incomeintelligence.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/woman-at-desk-520x2401.jpg

They say a company IS its employees. In this case, the face of AISIN Inc., HR Rep Ms. Bobbit, has shown that their promises of success and integrity are about as real as her own profile picture.
#222946 by Terminator5 Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:41 am
On initial inspection the website appears to be a real company . However the scammers are not real . There is no job . Its common for employment scams to place links to real companies in their emails . They do this in an effort to gain credibility .

The check will be a counterfeit , and if you deposit it and send the money to their "supplier" accomplice , you will be responsible for repaying the money . Its a money mule scam .

Daniel 8 :25
#224100 by callimom Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:32 pm
I have recently experienced this. I was told the same thing by the HR interview manager named Sharon Jasper. I was told to add her on Google Hangouts to begin the online interview. The online interview questions were few and so easy compared to many interviews that I've been to. She said that a check would be sent to me to purchase the softwares and equipment to set up my mini-office. I received a check for $4,980. I deposited it only to find out from my bank that it's a non-sufficient check. I was also told that pay would be $28/hr and $18/hr during the week of training. There are so many inconsistencies: The issuer of the check is not Aisin, but Artic Services, LLC (a shovel company in New Jersey). The check was mailed to me with a tracking number coming from New York. The HR's e-mail is a google account and the accountant who issued the check has a yahoo account. If they're such a big company, why don't they use a company e-mail (i.e. [email protected])? If they're such a big company (Aisin), why are they not the ones issuing the check? If they're so big, why did I receive an NSF check? Also, why don't they purchase the materials to get you started if they're that invested in you? Please do not be fooled, there are too many red flags!! DO NOT GET SCAMMED BY THEM!
#224104 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 pm
Everything the scammer told you is a lie. If you do not meet your employer face to face consider it a scam. Please give the mailer and copies of your emails to your banks fraud dept. They should be able to help with notifying some of the other victims.
With this type of scam there are many victims.

Victim #1 you. Scammer has a fake check sent to you. You cash it. You buy the fake materials from his accomplice via Moneygram/Western Union. Later you find out the check is fake and you are the one out the money. You will never receive the fake equipment.

Victim #2 the owner of the hacked checking account.

Victim #3 The printer of the fake checks. This victim believes they have an online job as an accountant or personal assistant.

Victim #4 the owner of the hacked mailing account (UPS,USPS or FedEx)

In some situations there could be more victims.

Please post all the email addresses the scammer used. This will help others avoid his scam attempts.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/