If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#212867 by Heavenly Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:31 am
I've read an article on cannabis oil being a cure for cancer and at the bottom of the article there were several testimonials from people who's loved ones had been 'cured' by taking cannabis oil, they recommended to purchase Rick Simpson oil and had an email to contact him for the supply, impressed by the publicity I emailed one of them, (I know it sounds very naive but After watching Rick Simpsons film it sorta made sense), anyway I paid by western money transfer £880, plus £48 fees, then 2 days later received an email from allegedly TNT saying there was a stop on my parcel, to contact them to resolve it.
I contacted them, surprised they wanted £2150 tax to release the parcel. After more emails to alleged 'Rick Simpson' email who encouraged me to pay it I'm now wanting to stop these scammers from taking money of more desperate victims. I can see now many testimonials with lots of different contact numbers, they've even got the cheek to put telephone numbers on. Can any one tell me what I can do about this please.
Advertisement

#212928 by vonpaso xlura Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:51 pm
Do you mean Western Union? No company asks for payment by Western Union; scammers do.

Please post the emails, email addresses, and telephone numbers. That way others who look for text in the emails will know it's a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#212936 by HillBilly Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:40 pm
Heavenly wrote:I've read an article on cannabis oil being a cure for cancer and at the bottom of the article there were several testimonials from people who's loved ones had been 'cured' by taking cannabis oil, ....

Can any one tell me what I can do about this please.

Chances are good you can read about thousands of products on the internet claiming to cure cancer and other diseases. It does not mean any of them work.

With your particular product, my guess would be that it is considered to be a "illegal drug" in your local market place, otherwise you could go to a local store and get some. It is "illegal" and can't be shipped into your country, unless there is a medical use for it. With medical use, it must be gotten by a doctor, not you. ( I live in a medical mj State).

The only thing you can do about it is to post the email address(es), website(s) and other information about your transaction. The money you sent is gone, you can only chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Please remove your personal email address / name from the email exchanges before posting them. See the link in the footer of my post for how to get complete headers from the emails.

#212963 by Gateway Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:21 pm
I have just had a look at the website and it seems to me to be a load of bull.

They have just cobbled together some crap and the intent is to sell syringes and various other needed things for this miracle *cure* I notice that they do not sell the cannabis because that would be illegal !!!

It may be morally wrong but what they are doing is borderline legal, as has been mentioned the fact that you sent them money via Western Union means that you probably have no chance of getting your money back

I would get in touch with Western Union

http://www.westernunion.co.uk/gb/legal/ ... laint.page?

They might help but I would not hold my breath, Western Union are not at fault, they are a legitimate business.

If you wish you can email me at
[email protected]

How to get E-Mail Headers
http://www.isipp.com/resources/email-headers/
#212973 by TerranceBoyce Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:49 pm
There's a well known UK health food chain you can buy organic hemp oil from - a 260ml bottle costing £7.19.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#212984 by AlanJones Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 pm
Heavenly wrote:This is the email I contacted - [email protected]

Please also post the email address that "TNT" used.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.