Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#213340 by Khakipup Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:44 pm
Hello-
In the past few weeks, I have received several of these messages which then lead to a Yahoo! messenger or AIM conversation.
The scripts are identical to those posted on your site.
However, mine went one further.
I actually received a large check from one to buy the equipment that I would need.
Having worked for a bank in the past, I contacted the bank from which the check was written. They told me that it was fraudulent.
However, if I was naive, I would have deposited the check, used the funds, then be told by my bank that it was fraudulent and be responsible for those funds.
I am thankful for your site informing people about this scam!
Apparently these parasites are scouring job boards looking for people who have posted resumes. They actually give the name of the job board on which they found your resume.
Since I still have the physical check and overnight envelope, I called the FBI- they referred me to the postal service.
This is obviously a wide-spread scam, and some people will fall for it, and it will cost them, with these fraudulent checks.
Due to the poor English on many of these texts, they probably are coming from overseas. Can you think of anything else that we can do to report this or make more people aware? Thank you!
Advertisement

#213369 by vonpaso xlura Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:28 pm
If the check came by US Mail, the group to contact is the Postal Inspection Service. If it came by FedEx, contact FedEx. Most likely the check was prepared by a victim of the scammer who thinks he has a job doing payroll or the like, and was paid for with a stolen credit card. The courier should be able to find who sent it and how it was paid for.

Please post the emails and the transcript of the "interview". Targets of the scammers search for the name the scammer uses or the email address.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10