If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#213620 by johnnyclash Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 pm
This guy calls himself as Jonathan Perez. He sells things on Craigslist and requests MoneyPak number before even letting me see the product he is selling. He will make stories up that he is away from town and hence his little brother will hand over the product to me after he confirms that he has received the funds via MoneyPak. His phone number is 201-374-3826 . 2013743826

This is what you call a cheat. Beware of guys trying to sell things to you this way.
Advertisement

#213632 by johnnyclash Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:00 pm
His story:
Please get the Payment to me on a moneypak, once I get payment you can go to my house and pick it up from my little brother. I had to do a car repair I'm broke and now I'm stuck in Massachusetts and that's why I'm selling it. My house is in Clifton, NJ

My Reply:
I asked him why MoneyPak, I can get him cash at his house after seeing Product

His Reply:
I have people interested. You need to work with me . I'm not giving my address. It's up to you but it's not gonna work your way.

My Reply:
Ok, then in that case how about PayPal, that way, you and I are protected. Also please tell me what's the matter if I see the system and then hand over the moneypak to whoever?

His Reply:
I cannot do PayPal because I have to show proof of tracking and I got screwed over that way. and I'm not gonna put my brother and my house at risk by giving you my address before I can confirm payment.

This is the summary of the story. I even introduce myself later on as Jonathan and I ask for his name, He replied saying "We have the same name, I'm Jonathan Perez". Also beware that no matter how you reason with him he will persist and ask for MoneyPak number . before anything else.
#213648 by Mike Wilson Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:35 pm
It is always a scam if the seller asks for a payment via a money Pak. Payments via money Pak were only authorized to a few select companies and was against Green Dot policy to use money Pak for payments to individuals.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#382008 by emilly4 Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 pm
I believe this scam is related to this craiglist scam. He goes by Joseph Perez.
I applied to a job through Indeed and he responded basically offering me a job right away. It seemed legitimate at first until he basically offered to send me a cheque right off the bat before even arranging a phone call.
He wanted me to send money through Money Gram to an orphanage in Kenya but there is no such orphanage at the address given.
Name: DeTanya Irving
Address: 184 Mombasa Road
City: Nairobi
Zip code : 254

He contacted me with the email > [email protected]. He also contacted me through the number 914-340-3910, a NY number that has been reported unsafe in the past.