Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#197010 by TerranceBoyce Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:40 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners lisafitz and I'm sorry you've been scammed by these criminals.

It's not just a person, it's a well organised criminal organisation and I don't know the precise method for reporting internet crime in the USA but I believe that IC3 is a good place to start, informing them of the bank account(s) you made the transfer to. At the very least they can get the account used in money laundering shut down. The account may belong to an innocent dupe who believes he's involved in a real job as we see many examples of jobs being offered that really aren't anything more than 'money mule' jobs. Sometimes the accounts are opened against fake ID's and run by the criminals. In either event the money will normally be long gone.

The authorities are a little more active against this criminal operation in the USA and they can be certain to receive long sentences if they're caught, as I say, because they aren't 'one off' scammers but part of a very large international crime group.

I suspect that most ad sites are awash with fraudulent adverts and the one UK ad site I cover can easily have anything up to 200 adverts posted daily, and they're all the best bargains covering every make and model of car, but we know they cover everything from cars to boats, construction machinery, agricultural machinery - you name it.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
Advertisement

#214042 by White lightning Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:30 pm
I almost got scammed by a similar scam supposedly from holland. A guy named Caron hugo said he bought a bike in no. CArolina and the registration fee was so high he would sell it for $8k. It's worth $14000 or more. Cod on delivery. Then he changes the deal and says the shipping firm, GNS Removal from UK, needs 30% down before shipping. GNS had a great website and bank acct in Uk.
The red Ducati had no. Carolina plates. I called NC domv. No one by that name owned the bike. The guy in holland got testy and said he could not send me a copy of the title(which he didn't have) because it was in the box with the bike. Moron. I called the fbi.
It's a common scam.
#214346 by fiertag Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:26 am
Same with me thanks for your post it saved me money regards graham

MOTOR BIKE SCAMMER TRYING TO SCAM THRU SHIPPING DEPOSIT

#214340 by fiertag Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:51 pm
I saw this add online in USA of a Honda Rune the bike was priced at $11,999, which is about $3000 under priced anyhow thanks too this site i was playing along with him just too see how he would try to get money out of me ,I am enclosing all the emails and I hope that it helps others from getting scammed ,i have included them in the order they were sent HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL TOO SOMEONE
On 7/17/2014 4:39 PM, Graham wrote:
Hello,
A visitor, Graham , has responded to your ad:
http://www.classifiedads.com/motorcycle ... 388401.htm

Graham wrote:
I am looking at your beautiful bike I am wondering what the best price
you would want for it ,hope you don't mind me asking but am trying to
work out shipping and taxes to import to ireland,kind regards graham
Anders Danemo <[email protected]>
Jul 28

to me
Hi there,

I`m still looking for a buyer. The bike is priced to sell and i want to get about $12000.
The price is fair, comparing others and giving the fact that the bike is in MINT condition.

It is an adult driven bike with ZERO issues, accident-free, babied, full service history, always connected to a power source and always kept inside in a heated garage. Only seen water when washed, never been damaged in any way or dropped, original painting! The pictures speak for themselves and never beed driven since they were taken.

Clear title in hand: no liens, no salvage, no flood, nothing! All proper documentation for registration including bill of sale, user`s manual and insurance etc.

In one word the bike is: PERFECT ! You don`t have to invest in this bike because all it needs is a new owner.
Please e-mail me back and specify where do you live.

Thanks for contacting and i`ll be waiting for your email soon!

Graham
Jul 28

to Anders
Hi Anders
I live in Ireland and I am trying too work out shipping
and any taxes.I am not trying to hassel you on price but what would be
your bottom line price on the bike ,What would be the best way of
paying for it ,maybe if you could send me your phone number and i
could give you a ring
Regards
Graham

Hello,

I`m sorry for my late reply but due to some personal reasons i was unable to verify my email until now.
Before we get into any details I want to let you know that the motorcycle is located in Sweden. I can deliver the motorcycle COD(Cash On Delivery) if you are interested.

The motorcycle was bought from USA recently and it is registered under my name in USA. I am the second owner. I advertised the bike in USA and Canada. The law is very complicated here, to register a vehicle that is imported from outside Europe. This is the reason for selling it because it is extremely expensive and difficult too. The fees are higher than i want to spend on this particular bike.

I can deliver the motorcycle to your location and I will be responsible for the delivery cost. Shipping will take about 2-3 weeks to get to you and note that you have to possibility to take the bike to a dealer to be inspected before you buy it. This is a vehicle purchased in USA meaning that you won`t pay any duty/import tax! The regular Customs Border Protection fees will be supported by me as well.

If you are interested to buy, please write me back with your shipping address and your phone no so we can discuss about everything.
You won't find another bike in such condition at this price.

Thank you

Thats sounds great ,i really would like to buy it .i live in ireland
and my mother lives in london uk ,so i would have too work out where
it is best to bring it ,which would be the least tax ,no problem cash
on delivery ,what is the best number to ring you on and what time of
day ,i suppose if i came out to sweeden it would probably be a long
drive back to uk but we can discuss regard Graham

Anders Danemo
Aug 6 (6 days ago)

to me
Hello,

I want to ad the fact that the shipping cost will be totally paid by me so you will only pay the price of the bike, USD 12000 . I already lost money with this bike because of our laws here in Sweden and this is why i`ve decided to pay the transportation cost.

About the bike, it is my dream bike, it has no problems at all, no hidden issues and i really don`t see why anybody would not buy this bike at this price which is reasonable comparing others around the web.

I also want to mention that i can make all the arrangements for the shipping these days and after that i will return to you with updates and all the info needed to receive the bike. Remember that the only reason for selling this bike is that is extremely complicated and expensive to register it here in Sweden. It will come with all documents.

You will be assisted by the shipper with the registration process when you will transfer the title on your name because they will have the legal authority from my attorney to legally sign in my name because i`m going to legalize my signature to the notary and beside that the title will be signed by me.

If you are ready to do this than please e-mail me your complete name and delivery address along with your mobile phone no if possible so you can be contacted easily and i`ll make all the arrangements needed for the shipping.

Thank you for doing business with me.

Anders Danemo
Head of ward
Sahlgrenska University Hospital
Gothenburg / Sweden

Dear Anders
I am ready too do business ,I assume that the bike is
ready too use and I am not worried about a few scratches and marks ,i
just want too know that it is mechanically in good condition ,is there
anything that needs to be done too it ,like oil change etc
My address is Graham ------I will pay COD on delivery will i pay this too the shipping agent.
Thank you for your help I have always loved this bike and I have had
my own shadow for the last 15yrs so i am sure that your bike will be
in my possession for a very long time.If you ever come to ireland you
can borrow it and tour on it
If you have anymore pictures of it I would love you too send them
Kind Regards

Aug 6 (6 days ago)

to Anders
I would like too ask you If I came over too sweden and just paid you
for the bike so you would have no cost in shipping how much would you
charge me in dollars for the bike ,that way I would be able to tax it
and import it into ireland myself or would you prefer to ship it
directly I assume you would just discount the shipping fees and taxes
'thanks Graham

Anders Danemo
Aug 6 (6 days ago)

to me
Graham,

I work in a hospital and i am very busy in this period because i have to stay at work almost all day so it will be easier for me to ship you the bike. I have a friend here who sells cars and car parts all over the world and he will help me with the shipping. I said that i will cover the shipping cost and you will pay me just the price of the bike usd 12000 or you can make the currency in euros. (at the conversion here is about 9000 EUR). Let me know if 9000 EUR is ok to you because we are in Europe so we will deal in Euros. The bike is PERFECT and you will see no issue. There are no noticeable scratches and the bike has no dings or dents and it was never been dropped you`ll see this. Also the bike has USA documents which are under my name. You will have to pay import tax there to register the bike to your name and the cost of the registration must and will be supported by you. I said that i will get the bike to your place at the total cost of 9000 EUR (in the 9000EUR is included the transportation to your address and NOT the customs import tax ).

If this is ok and acceptable by you, than tomorrow i can start the shipping and the bike will get to Ireland in about 1 week or so.

I will wait for your email (i am at work and i cannot be contacted by phone now) .

Thanks for understanding.

Anders Danemo
Head of ward
Gothenburg / Sweden

-------------- I RANG THE HOSPITAL THIS MAN WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ON VACATION SO I DONT THINK HE IS EVEN AWARE HIS NAME IS BEING USED--------------

Graham
Aug 6 (6 days ago)

to Anders
Thats no problem ,I can pay you in euros or dollars ,if you could send
me your telephone number i could give you a ring to discuss the best
way to do this,I just want to run this by you ,if i flew out to sweden
and i paid you the 9000 euro's and we went too a notary to sanction
the sale to put the bike in my name then i could drive the bike down
through denmark and over to ireland ,i could then register the bike at
my own leisure( by me driving the bike in i would not have to pay duty
immediately),however if the bike is in a bonded warehouse in sweden i
understand that it would be easier to ship it directly to ireland.
If you would prefer to ship it I don't think they will allow me to
take it too a honda dealership to get it checked over so with your
permission i was going to hire a honda mechanic to go to the shipping
agent and check the bike over ,once it was all good i would transfer
the money over to the shipping agent,and you could release the bike
when the money has it there account if you could send me a copy of the
NY registration document and the chassis number i can find out the
duty that needs to be paid on the bike in ireland we have a tax here
called VRT,hope i am not being to much of a bother but it is a big
purchase for me and i want too do it right for both of us ,talk soon
regards Graham--------------------NO COPY OF VIN OR CHASSIS NUMBER OR PHONE NUMBER WAS RECIEVED ----------------

Anders Danemo
Aug 7 (5 days ago)

to me
Graham,

Unfortunately you cannot ride it anymore here because is been more than 1 month since i took it here so the best way for us is to ship to you. The bike is stored in my garage connected to a power source. The shipping company will allow you to take the bike to a dealer and after that you`ll complete the sale papers with them. If you are ok with this please shoot me your decision and send me an email and give me again your complete name, shipping address and your phone no.
I appreciate,

Anders Danemo
Head of ward
Gothenburg / Sweden
---------I SENT THIS SAYING I WILL HAVE THE MONEY----------
The bike will arrive in Dublin Port ,I will get a mechanic from honda
to come and see the bike and make sure it is all ok and then I will
pay the shipping agents.Just to inform you that I am on holiday from
the 19th to 24th august ,,if the bike arrives before that or after
this date either is fine.Will you send the cover and any documentation
you have over with it and explain too me how too use the quick release
windscreen,I am really delighted too be doing business with you and i
am excited too take ownership of such a nice motorbike,i will give it
a good home and i am sure that i will keep it like my own shadow for a
very long time.One final question do you think i need to get the cam
belts changed before i start touring on it or did the dealership in
the USA feel that i should just keep to the service manual i.e. is
there anything you feel i should do ,by the way how many miles are on
the bike odometer
Kind regards

Anders Danemo
Aug 7 (5 days ago)

to me
Great Graham, I`m going to take care of the shipping in the next hours and after that i will return to you with all the details about the transaction. All the documentation will come with the bike. The windshield has a use manual and i will include that as well. The belts were changed at the last inspection at the dealer in USA so don`t worry about that. Also all the fluids are changed too. Keep in mind that i will have to drain all the gas from it because they won`t allow the bile to travel with any gas in it.

I~ll get back to you with all the details and contracts of sale and everything else later today.

Thanks again and keep in touch

Anders Danemo
Head of ward
Gothenburg / Sweden

Anders Danemo
Aug 7 (5 days ago)

to me
Hello Graham,

I went with the bike to start the transaction and the bike is now waiting to be inspected by a certified mechanic before leaving. They said that only on Monday the transaction will start. I will let you know when is done and i`ll return to you with all the shipping details, contracts of sale and everything else.
I`ll call you this weekend to discuss.

Thanks again and keep in touch

Anders Danemo
Head of ward
Gothenburg / Sweden

Anders Danemo
Attachments3:33 PM (20 hours ago)

to me
Graham,
I just made all the arrangements for the transaction and left the bike to the shipping co.
I sent it with all the papers so you can be able to make the title transfer.
The name of the shipping company I used to send the bike is GBS Freight Ltd. It's a big and a good company.
They`ll contact you in a few hours and they`ll also send you 2 emails with all the details there. If you don`t receive them please see your "spam" folder too because it might end up there. They`ll also call you after that to confirm everything and to explain the whole process of the shipping.
In 10 days the bike should be in Ireland.
I made the bill of sale that includes all the pertinent information about my vehicle and its sale price.
For the title transfer, I completed the requested information on the certificate of title.
I have completed the gray sections of the application certificate of title and i signed it.
You will take it to your local DMV office.
You will need to transfer the title into your name at the DMV within 10 days.
After you transfer your name in the title send me an e-mail and confirm that.
You must handle the title transfer and registration paperwork yourself with the contract of sale and all documents I sent you. You'll need to fill out an application for title and registration and take it in person to your local DMV office.
You might also be required to pay a use tax 29 $ + DMV fees.

PS : See attachments, I'm very happy that we have completed the transaction, please remember to contact me after you talk to the shipping co.
I sent you a copy of the contract of sale and i also included copies from my documents.

Thank you

Anders Danemo
Head of ward
Gothenburg / Sweden

5 Attachments THESE WERE HIS SUPPOSED PASSPORT A COPY OF THE AGREEMENT WITH A SHIPPING CONTRACT WITH GBS FREIGHT LTD ,I RANG THEM AND THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT

Graham 09/08/14
3:41 PM (20 hours ago)

to Anders
Thats Great Anders hope you are not working too hard in the hospital
any holidays planned ,I just want too point out that I will not part
with any money until I physically see the bike at dublin port and then
I will give them the full amount and take the bike away with me ,I
have the funds in cash so that will not be a problem .Look forward too
seeing bike in Dublin regards Graham
--------I KNEW AFTER RINGING THE HOSPITAL HE WAS ON HOLIDAY---------

Anders Danemo
3:45 PM (20 hours ago)

to me
Graham, the shipping company will call you today to discuss and explain everything. Please let me know after you talk with them. They`ll also send you an email with the confirmation.

Thanks

Anders Danemo
Head of ward
Gothenburg / Sweden

THOUGHT I WOULD CUT DIALOGUE WITH HIM SO SENT HIM THIS
Dear Anders
I have just purchased a Rune elsewhere regards Graham

THIS IS THE REPLY I GOT THE SCAMMER DOES NOT LIKE TO BE SCAMMED HE WAS OBVIOUSLY ANNOYED THAT HE HAD TO GO TO THE BOTHER OF FORGING ALL THE DOCUMENTS :laugh-s: :beer:

Anders Danemo
5:16 PM (19 hours ago)

to me
WHY THE HELL DID YOU MADE ME START THE TRANSACTION ???? I PAID THE SHIPPING AND EVERYTHING WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Anders Danemo
Head of ward
Gothenburg / Sweden

> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:14:13 +0100

Anders Danemo
9:27 PM (15 hours ago)

to me
why you don`t answer?

THATS EVERYTHING HAVE NOT BOTHERED TO REPLY ALSO THE FOLLOWING I ALSO BELIEVE IS A SCAM AS THEY WANTED TOO USE A EGYPTIAN SHIPPING COMPANY ,I HAVE SINCE DECIDED TO BUY MY BIKE THROUGH A REPUTABLE HONDA DEALERSHIP AS THE LATIN EXPRESSION SAYS """"CAVEAT EMPTOR""""

http://motorcycles.oodle.com/view/2004- ... NA-_-Autos

[email protected]
Thanks for the email address .I live in Ireland and want too buy a
Rune ,Can you give me some details of price and if you have any
pictures that would be great .How would you like too paid ,if we can
do a deal i would probably fly out to see the bike as I am in the
states regularly .Kind regards Graham
Hello,

The bike is still for sale. Price is $5,600.00.
Mileage is 3,237, the bike is being sold as described, clear title, no mechanical issues, everything is in great condition and has been recently serviced. The bike is ready for the road. I am working overseas with Holland America Line and my contract ends in October 2014. The location of the motorcycle is Portland, OR crated and ready to go. If you want to find out more details about how we can close up this deal contact me.

Thank You,
Jessica Miler
Aug 11 (1 day ago)

to Jessica
Yes I would be really interested .unfortunately I was buying a bike
off some guy who was trying to scam me into parting with money before
i got the bike obviously i would not do that ,I will buy the bike any
chance in your job you could bring the bike to either uk or ireland
and i can just give you the money for the bike or what would be the
best way to do the contract.regards Graham

Jessica Miler
2:07 PM (23 hours ago)

to me
Hello

The motorcycle, the title, two sets of keys, manuals and some service history records is what
you will get from the Nosco-Int Limited. The bike belonged to my husband who
recently passed away. I arranged for the sale right before I left the country. I propose to
close the deal through Nosco-Int Limited, in the most safe and easiest way
possible for both of us. Basically, it's similar to buying a bike locally, the money will be
sent to their holding account, and they will keep the money until you will receive the bike.
After the bike is delivered, you will have a 5 days inspection period before you decide if you
wish to keep it or not. If you are serious about buying the bike, I will ship it with no extra
cost.
To be able to start this transaction you need to register on the shipping company website:
www.nosco-int.com

Thank You,
Jessica Miler
I would prefer to send someone to Portland and too pay you cash and
collect the bike or if we could use fed ex or ups ,i don't know this
company regards Graham
hello,

the deal can be made only through Nosco-Int Limited

Thanks
Why i cannot come and pay you directly for the bike in portland and
take it with me ?
Username
fiertag
Rank
Registered Member
Contact
#223113 by rickrick Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 pm
These scammers need to be thrown in jail; If it’s too good to be true” . . . as the saying goes. They grab your attention by offering a great deal and the item is in great condition. I have been lured into this scheme twice going through the ads on the internet. Thank God I only went as far as corresponding with these ^*#!!!, first for a 67 big block Corvette, $25,400; second a 1945 Harley Davidson WL with Goulding LS-29 Sidecar, $4,500.
I’ve read the emails correspondences on this site between buyer & so called seller (i.e. SCAMMERS) and the wording is identical to how they’ve responded to me.

The motor cycle is advertised on a few sites;

motorcycles.oodle.com

usedandnewmotos.com

gocheapused.org

usavehicle.com