Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#195383 by Kasydi Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 pm
Hi, I got a text from (917) 791-7384 saying her name was Elizabeth Jayson and that she needed someone to babysit her son. She said to send her a resume/reference, which is clearly not the same thing. [email protected] was her email address so I started emailing her, because she was not clear what she wanted in the text. Every question I asked, she never answered. Then she told me her sons name was Jason, really? Jason Jayson is your sons name.. LOL so I just simplify said no thank you. She kept asking if we could meet at a local "McDonald" with no s lol I never eat there to begin with. She said she wanted to send me a wheelchair, but never once specified that she was going to have him at my place. AND STILL REFUSED TO TELL ME WHERE SHE WAS MOVING TO. oh, just an area near you! How convenient lmao
Advertisement

#195384 by Bryon Williams Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Kasydi,

Thank you for posting the information. It is a scam. The phone number is Voip which mean a number that can make calls through the computer. She/he could not answer questions because most scammer work off of scripts. When you reply to them they just send the next script. There was no intention to meet you at Mc D's something would have came up and he could not meet you.

There is no child. The wheel chair part of the scam works this way. The scammer will send you a fake check and ask you to deposit it. He then will tell you that he can not pay for wheel chair. The fake check will include a pre-payment for services and an over payment for the wheel chair. He will ask you to wire money via Money Gram, Western Union or Bank Tranfer to a third party to pay for the wheel chair. The third party is the scammer himself or someone in his network.

The fake check will look real and more than likely fool your bank. Days or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraudulent deposit. You will lose all the money you sent to the scammer. On occasions the bank may close your account and/or report you to Law Enforcement for fraud.

No one hires a baby sitter off the internet to care for their child that they have not met face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#195385 by Kasydi Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 pm
Exactly, that's why I posted on here and continued to email so I could get more information for this site!
#195387 by Bryon Williams Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 pm
^^^^I figured you knew but I had to address the audience. Most of the victims of baby sitting scams are teenager's so I wanted to make it clear to viewers.

As for you to continue with the scammer I suggest you quit. You are more than likely using your real life information. There is a very low chance of the scammer finding you and harming you. But, he can cause you headaches with the email address you are using.

He is more than likely in West Africa. He is using gmail you will not get an IP address. Everything he say's is a lie. His name is fake and he is using a free email provider to send emails from an Internet Cafe.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#195392 by quakergirl08 Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:29 am
I received a very similar email from "Elizabeth". Much of the same things were said, and every question that I asked were not answered. Working in the banking industry I had seen these types of things before. I knew that things weren't legit when she wanted to send the wheelchair to my house. I knew that if I was to get the check from her that it would be bad.. And that she wanted to give me money up front. Who does that? and also trusts someone to watch their child full time without even meeting???? Crazy that people use kids to scam people. If you have a care.com profile beware, that's where she said she was from.
#214440 by kaelerbug Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:19 pm
I have recently been sent a message from [email protected] phone number(917)791-7384 asking for resume/reference via care.com,I emailed this person thinking nothing of it,i have been trying to find a job on this site,others I know have used it also.I Typed in the email on google to try and find out more about this person,and seen previous posts stating the same things,however I sent the email with my resume.It has my home address,where I work and information you would put in a resume.What should I do???
#214441 by Bubbles Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners kaelerbug .
Scammers are interested in a quick score of money, they are not interested in a physical confrontation. Typically, a scammer lives in a country other than the USA or the UK.

You can just stop responding to this person. There is little they can do with just your name and address. You can notify the site that this is a scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.