Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#215312 by Shayys Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 pm
I have seen a lot of these on craigslist, but apparently scammers are trying to get lots of people from odesk as well.

I received this e-mail:

Hello,

How are you doing today, Hope fine? there are no problems with location... your job will be based on your location.

Detailed Job Description:

My Name is Linda Smith... I am 65 years old, married with 4 children. I am a relatively successful entrepreneur and huge investor in the real estate market, which tends to be my main source of income. I am looking for a trustworthy and reliable individual who works well and understand orders.

I have been a financial planner for over 25 years now and am also a private research journalist. I travel often within and outside of STATE working on various independent projects. This is why I need someone who can help keep me up to date with all of my activities, especially while I am away and amidst my busy schedule. My previous personal assistant is currently unavailable for health reasons and I am keen on finding an efficient, motivated, organized individual who can communicate well and is able to multi-task under pressure.

This position is home-based and flexible. Working for me is a test of following instructions. As my Personal Assistant, your activities among others will include:

• Creating orders, pick slips, invoices, and credit memos

• Running personal errands

• Scheduling programs, flights, and meetings and keeping me up to date with them

• Acting as an alternative phone correspondent while I am away

• Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf

• Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities

• Basic wage is $400 weekly

I am sure you understand how busy my schedule is on a daily basis. Currently, I am in Europe meeting with partners. I will be back in three weeks to arrange a formal interview with you. I think you are the right person for this position. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It is a part-time job, and some weeks you will be busier than others, though pay stays constant. Like I said, I think you are the right person for this job, and think we should get a head start this week. I have a lot of work piled up that I will need help catching up on immediately. I would like to use this coming week to test your efficiency and diligence, and to work your schedule around mine. I am hard of hearing and usually stay in touch through email, I am glad you responded to my ad in such a timely manner and look forward to working with you and promise to be a good boss.

A payment inform of a Certified Check will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some lists to email you once you received the funds, You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the Orphanage at any nearest store around you then mail them out. I will get you more information on that, I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as

First Name:

Middle Name:

Last Name:

Street Address:

City, State and Post Code:

Home & Cell Phone(s):

Occupation (if any):

Once you respond and I receive your contact information, I will let you know necessary information on what to do. I look forward to working with you.

Kind Regards,

Linda Smith
Advertisement