If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#215661 by ladismith Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:11 pm
I have been communicating with this person for 3 days. Yesterday, he ask for money ($620) to repay a grant so he could leave Afghanistan. Said he was Illinois National Guard and could not owe any money to federal or state in order to get terminal leave and return to the states. I almost made the mistake of sending a person in Canada money from him. Thanks to Western Union, it was not sent. They called to verify that I knew this person face-to-face and when I said I did not, they declined the transaction.
That is when I decided to check on this site. I have always thought that I could spot scammers. This guy was good. I even accused him of being a scammer. He smooth talked me back.
Beware of Mate1.com dating site. This is the 3rd person that I now have identified as a scammer.
I have photos if someone would explain how to post them.
Advertisement

#215663 by Bryon Williams Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:29 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

I happy to hear that Western Union assisted you in avoiding a scam. Scammers are good at what they do. They will often turn the tables of guilt on you when confronted. They will also use religion to get you back on track.

Please post a couple of his initial emails to you along with all email addresses and phone numbers. Please remove anything that may identify you in the emails. This information will help others avoid this scammer.

To post pictures here is a link. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#215676 by ladismith Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:26 pm
last one:

We never communicated by email, just Yahoo Messenger. His id was "huxleycaplin."

Here is how he introduced himself:
Huxley Caplin: I work as a US Army and with the E 7Armored Cavalry Regiment. The Special Forces Teams we are among the most specialized combat forces in the army.We experience rigorous mental and physical training in order to carry out our missions in a quick and extremely effective manner and we are guaranteed the opportunity to "try out" for Special Forces...Am from ATL,GA United States but presently deployed in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission,,i am planning to get out as soon as i find my right woman,i wanna go back to my old business,i wanna have time for my new family

He said his rank was Sgt. This was his first mention of money:
Huxley Caplin: I want to be your true companion,even if you get hurt with this,i always wanna be there to make you feel alright,i want to have a good impact in your life,Well to be sincere with you,i need someone we can both trust each other because there is a lot and more to benefit from the military,i want a woman we can both meet in person,someone that can write my commander and request for my leave though its gonna cost a little dollars but it is refundable

It continues:
Huxley Caplin: I have tried my possible best to get out of here,i have the problem because of my late wife,i have need some renewal of document like the military pass,and since the death of my wife,i dont have the priviledge to do
Huxley Caplin: I got to know some of this problem last month,i'm not sure if you know about the military terms but i need to get this done so i can move on with life,i want to be sincere with you,life is so risky here and someone could end his or her life here just in a minute,i'm ready to be everything you have dream for,its not that i cant take care of this but i am having problem with my account and i dont think i can get over this until i get back to states,i do not know how you sees this but if truly you are seeing me in your future,we can always do this together and i oath never to let you down and i will refund this as soon as i get to states,we just need this to make our dream
Huxley Caplin: All i need from you is to raise me the fund of $620,so i can process my leaving here,i think we need to meet in person,i want to get to know you in better,we can plan of our life in person
Huxley Caplin: I'm not sure if you can do this for me but i believe its matter of trust]
Huxley Caplin: I'm not sure if this sound well to you but believe me most,i just need to be sincere with you,now that i know you,i dont want you to get hurt!
Huxley Caplin: I'm not saying the fund is for leave,its just for the renewal of pass and i can do this on my own,its just that i cant access my account right away
Huxley Caplin: the relative of my late wife tried to hack into my account as i heard but i can have access to it when i get back to states,,,
Huxley Caplin: so i could refund the $620,i swear with the grave of my dead parent,i will never hurt you for helping us meet in person,thats my priority

He even showed me a "confidential" form that showed he owed $2350... (I don't have a copy of that).
Huxley Caplin: That is the pass i need to renew to process for the leave
Huxley Caplin: its a transit and document needed to process the leave,just have to renew it,that is all!

Huxley Caplin: the best means you can help me with this is to pay at the guard at illinois
Huxley Caplin: but we have a fella in swiftcurrent in Canada
Huxley Caplin: she can process it,she do this for the guards in Canada,i wont want you to travel to illinois,you can send it to her through western union and she get everything fixed,she is a sgt
Huxley Caplin: Do you know about western union??

And, thanks to Western Union, who would not process the money transfer, I am not out $620.00 + fees!

Here is who I was to send it to:
Huxley Caplin: Name...Doreen Dunkley,State....Saskatchwan,City....Swiftcurrent,Post Code...s9h 3b6,Country...Canada

I hope this helps someone else. I was lucky. From now on, I will be smart!
#215684 by Bryon Williams Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 am
[email protected] was this his email address then?
Here is how he introduced himself:
Huxley Caplin: I work as a US Army and with the E 7Armored Cavalry Regiment. The Special Forces Teams we are among the most specialized combat forces in the army.We experience rigorous mental and physical training in order to carry out our missions in a quick and extremely effective manner and we are guaranteed the opportunity to "try out" for Special Forces...Am from ATL,GA United States but presently deployed in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission,,i am planning to get out as soon as i find my right woman,i wanna go back to my old business,i wanna have time for my new family

He said his rank was Sgt. This was his first mention of money:
Huxley Caplin: I want to be your true companion,even if you get hurt with this,i always wanna be there to make you feel alright,i want to have a good impact in your life,Well to be sincere with you,i need someone we can both trust each other because there is a lot and more to benefit from the military,i want a woman we can both meet in person,someone that can write my commander and request for my leave though its gonna cost a little dollars but it is refundable

It continues:
Huxley Caplin: I have tried my possible best to get out of here,i have the problem because of my late wife,i have need some renewal of document like the military pass,and since the death of my wife,i dont have the priviledge to do
Huxley Caplin: I got to know some of this problem last month,i'm not sure if you know about the military terms but i need to get this done so i can move on with life,i want to be sincere with you,life is so risky here and someone could end his or her life here just in a minute,i'm ready to be everything you have dream for,its not that i cant take care of this but i am having problem with my account and i dont think i can get over this until i get back to states,i do not know how you sees this but if truly you are seeing me in your future,we can always do this together and i oath never to let you down and i will refund this as soon as i get to states,we just need this to make our dream
Huxley Caplin: All i need from you is to raise me the fund of $620,so i can process my leaving here,i think we need to meet in person,i want to get to know you in better,we can plan of our life in person
Huxley Caplin: I'm not sure if you can do this for me but i believe its matter of trust]
Huxley Caplin: I'm not sure if this sound well to you but believe me most,i just need to be sincere with you,now that i know you,i dont want you to get hurt!
Huxley Caplin: I'm not saying the fund is for leave,its just for the renewal of pass and i can do this on my own,its just that i cant access my account right away
Huxley Caplin: the relative of my late wife tried to hack into my account as i heard but i can have access to it when i get back to states,,,
Huxley Caplin: so i could refund the $620,i swear with the grave of my dead parent,i will never hurt you for helping us meet in person,thats my priority

He even showed me a "confidential" form that showed he owed $2350... (I don't have a copy of that).
Huxley Caplin: That is the pass i need to renew to process for the leave
Huxley Caplin: its a transit and document needed to process the leave,just have to renew it,that is all!

Huxley Caplin: the best means you can help me with this is to pay at the guard at illinois
Huxley Caplin: but we have a fella in swiftcurrent in Canada
Huxley Caplin: she can process it,she do this for the guards in Canada,i wont want you to travel to illinois,you can send it to her through western union and she get everything fixed,she is a sgt
Huxley Caplin: Do you know about western union??

And, thanks to Western Union, who would not process the money transfer, I am not out $620.00 + fees!

Here is who I was to send it to:
Huxley Caplin: Name...Doreen Dunkley,State....Saskatchwan,City....Swiftcurrent,Post Code...s9h 3b6,Country...Canada

I hope this helps someone else. I was lucky. From now on, I will be smart!

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#215698 by vonpaso xlura Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:20 am
Thanks for posting! The writing is that of a West African, not an American. Soldiers in the US Army don't need anyone else to ask for their leave. And no military office asks for payment by Western Union.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#215872 by Faith Jones Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:53 am
Hi there,
I've met this soilder on the net...we have been chatting for a week now and said he want to come back and retire also settle down.
He ask if I can apply request to leave for him. He gave me all the info he not suppose to. At first he gave me [email protected] then said he was in a mission his leg is injure and he lost his wallet and asking me to apply for leave and borrow me ten thousand dollar to get back home. But the gmail throw me off and i told him he was a scammer. He then sent me a copy of valid military ID which is still valid and the name is right.
He gave me a different email now to apply for it. however i still skeptical about this. is this email is real for US Army official [email protected]???? Can someone help me?
#215873 by AlanJones Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:01 am
He is a scammer - any ID he sent you is either fake or stolen from a real soldier. Soldiers do not ever have to pay for leave or ask strangers on the Internet to pay for it for them. Leave is earned in exactly the same way a normal job earns it. Also, any real US military email address would be on a .mil domain - not .com .or .net.

Please post the "soldier's" email address and a sample of some of the emails for other victims to find.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#227533 by Lee Johns Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:29 pm
Huxley caplin, He goes by Notch5630 on mate1, he contacted me on mate1 today, wanting a relationship,he says he is the Medical Health Field, an is a widow living in Las Vegas NV, Here is the number he told me to text him at (956-949-1959). I did not take that chance, That is when i googled his name, An of course he is a romance scammer. :twisted: Anyone that sees this name do not contact.just like the rest of them fakes