Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#205033 by minnie mouse Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:21 am
Just received this mail the other day in regards to employment. Too good to be true normally is, would love to know if anyone else has received anything like this too.
JOB APPLICATION PROCESSED - Front Desk Receptionist‏

Sarah Merkel ([email protected]) Add to contacts 07/06/2014 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To: [email protected], Ann Welsh
[email protected]
Thank you for getting back to us, I would like to refer you to another job that might interest you because the original position you applied for has been taken. A friend of mine needs an assistant or let's say a personal assistant. This is an office position and because she travels often these days, you might not go to office all the time but still work doing every normal office jobs and also be her face when she's away by attending meetings and seminars on her behalf.

Job description:

Do shopping
She will also have her mails and packages forwarded to your address every time she's away
If you will be unable to stay at your house to get mails, letters, payments or packages they can be sent to your nearest post office and then you can pick it up at your convenience.

When you get mails/packages/ letters, you will be required to mail them to where she wants them mailed to. You don't have to pay any money out of your pocket, all you have to do is follow instructions in regards to the duties stated above. You are allowed to open packages to reveal their contents. The packages contains:- Magazines, Business/ personal letters and payments. All expenses and taxes will be covered by her. You will work between 15 and 20 hrs a week for now. She will pay €400 weekly for this position for now and is subject to increase in 2-3 months time. That is not a bad offer is it?

She needs your services immediately because she is constantly out of town. She is into Sales and marketing and she's really doing fine. She's also starting an art gallery soon; immediately she gets back, she plans to work on that. She will return to the Ireland next month so this process will be going on till she gets back . If you don't mind, she plans to meet up with you when she returns and then you both can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

Please, let her know if you are able to take on this position. No heavy packages will be involved. She will provide clear set of instructions for each task she needs done as well the funds to cover them. If she were to mail you money to do her shopping, mails, errands plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it posted to? Email below details to her; [email protected]. Kyuuto Yoshimoto is her name and let her know you are from me.

Full Names:
Full Address:
City:
Post Code:
Phone Number:

Must have these qualities:
Friendly, dependable, motivated team player.

She wants you to start working immediately, so email above details to ([email protected]) and she's willing to pay your first week's wage upfront so you can be sure of her commitment. I have sent her a message and put in some nice words for you.

NB: She specifically asked that only the above details be sent to confirm your interest. There's no need forwarding this whole message to her.

Thanks for understanding.
© 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)
Advertisement

#205048 by AlanJones Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 am
It's a scam - you'll be receiving goods paid for with stolen credit cards or similar.

Just delete the email.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#209940 by AlanJones Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:38 am
Thank you for getting back to us, I would like to refer you to another job that might interest you because the original position you applied for has been taken. A friend of mine needs an assistant or let's say a personal assistant. This is an office position and because she travels often these days, you might not go to office all the time but still work doing every normal office jobs and also be her face when she's away by attending meetings and seminars on her behalf.

Job description:

Do shopping
She will also have her mails and packages forwarded to your address every time she's away

If you will be unable to stay at your house to get mails, letters, payments or packages they can be sent to your nearest post office and then you can pick it up at your convenience.

When you get mails/packages/ letters, you will be required to mail them to where she wants them mailed to. You don't have to pay any money out of your pocket, all you have to do is follow instructions in regards to the duties stated above. You are allowed to open packages to reveal their contents. The packages contains:- Magazines, Business/ personal letters and payments. All expenses and taxes will be covered by her. You will work between 15 and 20 hrs a week for now. She will pay €400 weekly for this position for now and is subject to increase in 2-3 months time. That is not a bad offer is it?

She needs your services immediately because she is constantly out of town. She is into Sales and marketing and she's really doing fine. She's also starting an art gallery soon; immediately she gets back, she plans to work on that. She will return to the Ireland next month so this process will be going on till she gets back . If you don't mind, she plans to meet up with you when she returns and then you both can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

Please, let her know if you are able to take on this position. No heavy packages will be involved. She will provide clear set of instructions for each task she needs done as well the funds to cover them. If she were to mail you money to do her shopping, mails, errands plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it posted to? Email below details to her; [email protected] . Ine Shihona is her name and let her know you are from me.

Full Names:
Full Address:
City:
Post Code:
Phone Number:

She wants you to start working immediately, so email above details to ([email protected]) and she's willing to pay your first week's wage upfront so you can be sure of her commitment. I have sent her a message and put in some nice words for you.

NB: She specifically asked that only the above details be sent to confirm your interest. There's no need forwarding this whole message to her. Thanks for understanding.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#209965 by jcartman Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:53 am
I've got the exact same thing as well about a week ago and i kind of fell for it. It's definitely too good to be true.
If they send any sh*t to me, I'm gonna go straight to the police station. i feel stupid but i'm glad I find out now. it's actually my first time trying to find a job and I came across this.

So basically I got rejected from what I applied for (Or not? ...i don't remember how many jobs I actually applied for but then I got this message anyway and then this email referred me to another job.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Reply to your "Permanent and Full-Time RETAIL" Ad on Gumtree‏
From: Janet Crouch ([email protected]) You moved this message to its current location.
Sent: 07 July 2014 05:26:01
To: (My email address)

Job description:

Do shopping

Please, let her know if you are able to take on this position. No heavy packages will be involved. She will provide clear set of instructions for each task she needs done as well the funds to cover them. If she were to mail you money to do her shopping, mails, errands plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it posted to? Email below details to her; [email protected] . Ine Shihona is her name and let her know you are from me.

Full Names:
Full Address:
City:
Post Code:
Phone Number:

NB: She specifically asked that only the above details be sent to confirm your interest. There's no need forwarding this whole message to her.

Thanks for understanding
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's the same message i got there and i was in touch with them till today I found out their sick horrible act. I did give my name and address but that's it. They claimed to be sending a cheque to me for my 1st wage and working capitals so i could get it to the bank and work for them and stuff. but the email has lost contact with me since last Wednesday, I've doubted it so my bf and I were checking the emails and came across this post on this site, thank God I found this. Gotta be more careful next time. Hopefully they're getting off my case now because I'm just having any of their sh*t.
#216135 by LolaMoon Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:53 am
So I need some advice. I fell for this scam. I didn't even know scams like this were a thing. I received the check in the mail and deposited it in my account against my better judgement but a half hour later I decided to google the initial letter I has received and this came up. I tried to go to the bank to stop the deposit but apparently that's not possible. I voiced my concern to the person who I had been in contact with and they assured me everything was fine. The bank told me the check wouldn't clear for 8 days (I don't know if that's standard procedure or not). The person stopped responding after a few back and forth emails but today, 5 days after I deposited the check, I received an email saying they are expecting an update. Since this is a new bank account I can't check it online yet because I have to activate that service and my bank card has yet to arrive. What should I do? I don't want to be passing on stolen goods either but if the money is real how do I return it? I should mention that once I confirmed that I had made the deposit they asked me to run an "urgent errand" and withdraw 500 from my own money to give to a creditor. I don't have money so I said that wasn't possible. I feel completely stupid now saying all of this because it so obvious now that this was a scam. Does anyone have any advice?
#216137 by AlanJones Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:16 am
The cheque is definitely not real and if you send any money anywhere it will be lost.

Stop responding to the scammer - don't tell them you know it is a scam, just cut them off.

Call you bank's fraud department urgently and tell them that you now know that you are the victim of a scam and that the cheque you deposited is fake - even if your bank initially clear the cheque as they are required to do by law, it will eventually be discovered to be fake and the money debited from your account - this could take many weeks or even months depending on how closely the account the cheque is drawn on is monitored by it's owner.

#216138 by LolaMoon Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:31 am
Thank you so much Alan Jones, I just moved to France so I'm having a hard time communicating with the people at the bank but I will try again today. I didn't understand the last bit about it taking months to clear, could you explain that please.
Again thank you for your response, it helps me feel a but better. I just want to make sure I won't be in trouble because of all of this, now I'm worried about searching online for a job.
#216139 by AlanJones Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:56 am
A good quality fake cheque drawn on a valid account may well fool the bank and they will process and "clear" it. It will not be until the owner of the account that the cheque is drawn on notices that the cheque is not one they have written that it will be queried. If this is an account of a large company for example then it may not be until their accounts people go through the accounts at the end of a quarter that the unauthorised debit is noticed - this could be weeks or months after the cheque is debited.

I don't know the law in France, but in many countries (including the UK - so the law may be similar EU-wide), banks have only a very short period of time to "clear" a cheque, which is when the funds are made available. But, if the cheque is subsequently found to be fraudulent then that clearing is irrelevant and the payment will be reversed.

#216179 by vonpaso xlura Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:34 am
When you talk to the fraud department of the bank, bring copies of all the emails from the scammer so that they can see it's a scam. Don't withdraw any money until the fraudulent money disappears from your account.

In French it's "une entourloupe" or "une arnaque".

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#238935 by farrahlee1423 Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:46 am
good afternoon

I also got this same email like a year ago when applying for jobs through gumtree.
I also thought this was too good to be true but as I wasn't working at the time couldn't miss the opportunity of it been real. I was also told that I would receive a cheque and that I was to take my first weeks wage from this, a weeks wage was £350. I was told that the remainder of the cheque would be to carry out work. they never asked me for any bank details or for any money so I couldn't see how it would be a scam as they weren't gaining anything. I shortly received the cheque for £1500. I had just got a new bank account as I had been struggling to get a bank due to poor credit. when the cheque arrived it was from npower or something like that, i'm not very familiar with cheques so I didn't know if this was normal. Anyway I went to my bank and cashed the cheque, my bank was showing that the cheque had been deposited and was waiting to clear. About a week later I received a letter from my bank telling me that I had committed fraud and therefore my account would be closed. I now cannot only get a bank due to my credit history but as I am registered as a fraudster.

The cheeky cow then emailed me like a month later asking if I had a good weekend, I replied with several lines of abuse and have not heard anything since.