Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#216237 by AlanJones Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Dear XXX

I am writing to you at this time to advertise the availability of our main product, alluvial gold in bulk quantities. As we represent a large number of local artisan miners, we are prepared to provide quantities of up to 400 kilograms of 22.karat alluvial gold monthly.
Following is information concerning our product:

Quantity: 400 kilograms available monthly
Quality: 22. karat alluvial Au
Origin: Ghana, West Africa
Price: $6,500 per kilogram
Assay reports provided by SGS Laboratories, Accra,

Our firm is in possession of the Gold Export Certificate issued by the Government of the Republic of Ghana necessary to export gold from Ghana, thus we can provide service to any part of the world.

We are prepared to offer the quantity of gold required to the Buyer [or their representative] upon their arrival here in Accra. After the Buyer has confirmed the quantity and the quality of the gold with their refinery, and is satisfied, only then will we accept payment, by bank transfer, from the Buyer to us. Further, we currently seek outside-based serious investors on a partnership basis in order to increase our production capacity. If you are interested in this proposal, or have any further questions, kindly reply as quick as possible.

I look forward to doing business with you.

Yours truly,

Mr. Stephen Kwesi

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#216569 by AlanJones Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 pm
Dear XXX

I am writing to you at this time to acknowledge receipt of your letter of interest. Like I indicated in my earlier mail, we represent a large number of local artisan miners so upon receipt of your mail I am compelled to relate to the local miners your conditions.

For a start, I noticed an error made in the pricing; I was meant to write $36,500. Having said this, the other point for discussion is your condition; it is the best practice for the buyer to come as this will afford you the chance to inspect the commodity while the negotiations is been done. There are many lab. here that you can assay the commodity to your satisfaction.

Your condition not to come signifies lack of trust and belief, so if that is the case I will appreciate if you make it known so as to guide our further actions.

I look forward to doing business with you.

Yours truly,

Mr. Stephen Kwesi

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#216662 by AlanJones Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:01 pm
Your email was received and noted. If I send the sample to you and you assayed it and found it okay, my question is what next since you are not here to continue the negotiation.

Stephen Kwesi

#216820 by AlanJones Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:17 pm
The fact is that we have done this in the past and the supposed buyers did not keep their promise instead they took the sample and never show up. This makes it very difficult for us and the local miners we represent to toe this line again. We have a good number of labs here accredited by the government where the sample can be assayed, so I am making you an offer;

As a guarantee on our side, we are undertaking to refund you all your expenses if the sample does not meet specification. It is important that we meet here so that you can be sure that the sample is taken out from the store. You will be given more than you requested to conduct your test possibly with different Labs to be convinced.

I look forward to your reply for further discussions.

Stephen

#219984 by AlanJones Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 pm
I sincerely want to have this business deal with you but it has to be according to the procedure I outlined to you. The local Miners we represent insist on having the intended buyer down here, this will go ahead to show the seriousness on your part and also make it transparent for all parties involved.

#220071 by AlanJones Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:27 am
Your mail received and noted.

You are free to come with your asseyor as you said, let me know when you plan to come down here and possibly provide me with your flight schedule for proper arrangement to be put in place. I need to make arrangement to pick you up from the Airport and make hotel reservations as well.

#220308 by AlanJones Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:56 am
Accra - Ghana is the nearest and our major airport. Please confirm to me if you are the buyer or buyer's agent?

#220603 by AlanJones Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 am
Friday is OK; I would want to know if you have been to Ghana previously and if you have already gotten your Visa.

Meanwhile, I went to meet with the local miners yesterday for briefing and update and the Village Heads promised to come along with enough quantity for testing and sample.

Finally, once you confirm your flight to Kotoka International Airport Accra I will need your flight schedule and scan copy of your photo / photo ID for identification as I have made arrangement for your pick up upon arrival. Are you still coming with your assayer as you mentioned earlier?

#220883 by AlanJones Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:39 am
Your mail and the attached photograph was received, I could not view the attached passport so I would want you to resend it using the same format as your photograph to send it. Also provide me with your phone number in case of urgent need to communicate with you as I may be in the village part of the country without internet access.

Concerning your flight schedule, what is your confirmed flight plan as you indicated that the other one is a provisional booking which is subject to change. I will make hotel reservation for you and communicate the details to you for your records.

#221565 by AlanJones Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:45 am
It is a pity that it has come to this, I have always had my reservations about you and your intentions, and you just confirm that to me. You were never serious or in a position to do this kind of business.

Truth be told, I have came across pretenders like you in the past in the course of my doing business. Many come as genuine buyers but ended up to be impostors (scammers) with their ulterior motives.

Fortunately, this is not the kind of business you beg somebody to participate in, the commodity in question is in high demand globally and the list of buyers are endless.