Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#216353 by csbjtaylor Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:13 am
Is this a scam, I received this email in response to application for administrative assistant:

Brian Lau <[email protected]>
9:44 PM (10 hours ago)

to me

Why is this message in Spam? You clicked "Report spam" for this message. Learn more
Hello,

Thank you for response to my advertisement. Do Permit me to further explain my needs, so you can determine if you are willing and/or able to fulfill them.
First of all, this will begin as a Part-time position. It pays $500 per week for an approximately 12 hour work week. If this situation works out to both of our satisfaction, we will discuss making it a full-time arrangement with a pay increase.

The Job Requirements are as follows:
--- Handling Personal Correspondence
--- The Mailing and Receiving of Packages
--- The Ability to Deal with People across a Multicultural Environment
--- Accounts Payable Experience (at least a little)
--- Excellent Communication Skills (both written and verbal)

You must understand that, as your employer, I am on near constant travel. I acquire, worldwide, small business in financial distress, renovate and re-sell them. I am also working on the opening of an Art Gallery. You are required to meet up with the artist I am buying arts from pay him/her for the arts, get art from him/her and take the arts to the warehouse where they will be kept for safe keeping. You must understand that this require some heavy lifting. As I am almost never physically present, we will be mainly communicating via emails, telephones, etc. It is essential, therefore, to have someone I can trust. Absolutely must be someone efficient with a friendly and professional demeanor who possesses the ability to multi-task.

As I am not present to conduct an in-person, formal interview, I ask that you please answer the following questions:

Are you at least 18 years of age?

Have you worked as a warehouse officer before?
If so, in what capacity and can you detail your duties?
Was if for a company or an individual?
Do you have any disability that would prevent you from running physical errands?
Do you have reliable transportation?
Do you have a criminal record?
If so, please provide full explanation.
Are you currently employed?
If so, what is the name of your current employer and what position do you hold?
What is your highest educational level completed?
Do you feel you have the ability to face challenges?

Permit me to test your efficiency and diligence towards this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine.funds will be made available to you in form of check and it will be issued to you including your first week payment $500

Please provide the following information:
Full Name
Address
(,City,State,Postal Code Including Apt #,
Contact Phone Numbers: Both Cell and Home

If you are still interested, please get the above information to me as soon as possible., Once I receive this information, I will review it and respond as quickly as possible; as I need someone begin immediately (and pay will begin immediately, as well).

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.
Brian Lau
Advertisement

#216356 by HillBilly Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:18 am
yes, its a scam. Please read this article to learn more about job scams / money mule scams in emails.
http://www.scam-job-emails.tk/