Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#216637 by Koraxbear Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 am
I'm baffled by this one as I use Totaljobs and I didn't get the job advertised by the company and then they thought I would be suitable for another job but sent me a few questions first.

They look dodgy as hell but want someone who has see alot to look them over and see what you think?

1) Would you like to work at home through the Internet?
2) Do have free time now from 9 AM to 2 PM to work?
3) How often do you use your PC?
4) Write your daily routine plan, for example: "8 AM I wake up, 10 AM I eat breakfast, 10 PM - I go to sleep"
5) Do you want to work part-time or full-time?

Tracing the E-Mail goes to Austrlia, so it ain't hopeful but companies do stuff round the world so I'll wait to see what any of you say.

Here is the full e-mail with headers

Dear Mr (My Name Here),
Recently you have been interested in our vacancy, and you have sent CV at Totaljobs.com (Company Name: Private Advertiser). Unfortunately, it has been already occupied and we have to refuse your application. But after reviewing your resume, we can offer you a job corresponding to your qualification. The company interested in your resume would like to ask you a few questions.

Please send your answers to the following questions:

1) Would you like to work at home through the Internet?
2) Do have free time now from 9 AM to 2 PM to work?
3) How often do you use your PC?
4) Write your daily routine plan, for example: "8 AM I wake up, 10 AM I eat breakfast, 10 PM - I go to sleep"
5) Do you want to work part-time or full-time?

If you are interested in working at home and you answer these questions, the company interested in your resume will e-mail you with a detailed job offer description and you can take a new job position this week.

Just simply send your response with subject ref# "JOB8602_CV24019" to e-mail: [email protected]

Sincerely,

Tony Hornbuckle
Totaljobs.com TotalJob Service
Job Request ID: db2e8e93444714f694120289ed3353a0

The attachment(s) contained within this e-mail service by Totaljobs.com (the 'Attachments') is provided by third party users of the Totaljobs.com website. Totaljobs.com disclaims any responsibility for or liability related to the Attachments. Any questions, complaints or claims related to the Attachments should be directed to the appropriate Totaljobs.com user.

This e-mail has been virus checked by Networks Associates McAfee Total Virus Defense. There are inherent dangers in the opening any Attachments contained within e-mails. Totaljobs.com cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the potential risks before opening any of the Attachments. You are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment used in connection with this e-mail service, and Totaljobs.com will not be liable for any damages that you may suffer in connection with using, modifying or distributing any of the Attachments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totaljobs.com

Registered office: Holden House, 57 Rathbone Place, London. W1T 1JU
Registered in England & Wales under company number 04269861

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To: (removed)
Received: from mxen8.enta.net (mxen8.enta.net [78.33.48.11])
by nbg-mail.viper.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id DDDF72162235
for <(removed)>; Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:14:03 +0100 (BST)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mxen8.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id BADABF854B9
for <(removed)>; Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:14:03 +0100 (BST)
Received: from mxen8.enta.net ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (mxen1.enta.net [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-maia, port 10024)
with ESMTP id 39710-07 for <(removed)>;
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:13:57 +0100 (BST)
X-Greylist: from auto-whitelisted by SQLgrey-1.7.6
Received: from vmcp22.digitalpacific.com.au (vmcp22.digitalpacific.com.au [101.0.113.94])
by mxen8.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 72322F854A7
for <(removed)>; Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:13:57 +0100 (BST)
Received: from localhost ([::1]:60214 helo=vmcp22.digitalpacific.com.au)
by vmcp22.digitalpacific.com.au with esmtpa (Exim 4.82)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1XMwiF-001Iqa-U3
for (removed); Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:13:51 +1000
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="=_46ce64077e9d0232df82f8a7e1ae6e85"
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:13:51 +1100
To: (removed)
Subject: Totaljobs.com: Dear Mr (removed), we have a great job offer for
you!
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Sender: [email protected]
User-Agent: Roundcube Webmail/1.0.1
X-DigitalPacific-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information
X-DigitalPacific-MailScanner-ID: 1XMwiF-001Iqa-U3
X-DigitalPacific-MailScanner: Not scanned: please contact your Internet E-Mail Service Provider for details
X-DigitalPacific-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
X-DigitalPacific-MailScanner-From: [email protected]
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - vmcp22.digitalpacific.com.au
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - (removed)
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - cv-local.com
X-Get-Message-Sender-Via: vmcp22.digitalpacific.com.au: authenticated_id: [email protected]
X-Virus-Scanned: Maia Mailguard 1.0.2a
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.001 tagged_above=-999 required=3
tests=HTML_MESSAGE=0.001
X-Spam-Level:
X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAAAQbDVAw=
X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAAAA==
Advertisement

#216638 by Dotti Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:33 am
Domain is email only, registered 3 months ago, no website. Huge red flag.

Domain Name: CV-LOCAL.COM
Registrar: TPP WHOLESALE PTY LTD.
Whois Server: whois.distributeit.com.au
Referral URL: http://www.tppwholesale.com.au
Name Server: NS1.DIGITALPACIFIC.COM.AU
Name Server: NS2.DIGITALPACIFIC.COM.AU
Name Server: NS3.DIGITALPACIFIC.COM
Name Server: NS4.DIGITALPACIFIC.COM
Updated Date: 01-jun-2014
Creation Date: 01-jun-2014
Expiration Date: 01-jun-2015

The name on the domain registration does not match the email address, and google maps can't find the street address. Another red flag.

The email itself reeks of scam. An unknown "company" asking you to provide details of your personal life without identifying themselves?

We have seen multiple scenarios involving scammers and spammers who buy job-hunter information from websites (or even post fake jobs) and then follow up with approaches like this to get information on potential targets. They then use this information to basically create a better scam.

A legitimate company would identify themselves before asking you to disclose details of your personal life (and in fact it is highly unlikely that any legitimate company would be asking about your daily routine.)

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#216639 by TerranceBoyce Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 am
The problem with most of these job sites is that primarily they sell access to people's CV's to anyone who pays what is quite a small fee, and often it's not companies offering jobs who use it.

I would never ever post a CV on one of these sites as it only guarantees that you'll be deluged with bogus job offers and what are merely marketing mails. Though I am retired I signed up on one of these sites and it's amazing how few of the offers I receive are actually jobs at all. Most of them are peddling high price courses of one sort or another.

I doubt that any company would take responsibility for a mail like this asking such silly questions and I suspect that, though the mail sounds as if it is purporting to come from Total Jobs - it doesn't, which isn't a good sign. If I had to guess I'd imagine it's likely to be an offer to act as an ebay agent, which is something to avoid, though it could be one of several other alternatives, but there's no harm in responding to see what they're up to but don't expect to receive anything worthwhile as employment.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#216681 by AlanJones Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:17 pm
The email address used for the registration [email protected], also appears in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=84567 offering a similar looking scam "job".

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#216728 by Koraxbear Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:43 pm
Ok thanks for the heads up, never encoutered this thing before so nice for it to be confirmed that it is dodgy as hell.

I have sent an e-mail thanking them for the response and I'm not interested in a work from home role, I will post any replies here for other users.

Also upon reviewing the email alongside other Totaljobs mails they have different colour patterns, so something to watch out for too as the the above post does not include this detail.