Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#214134 by AgrajagScammerJammer Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:11 pm
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. But I have a small victory to report, in the fight against a (relatively) new and dangerous scam: Callers who claim to be from the IRS and make nasty threats to shake you down for $$$.

Simply put, these guys are scum. They prey on old people and recent immigrants to the US. And if various media reports are to be believed, they scared the hell out of a lot of people, and shaken down more than a few. (Just google News articles for "IRS telephone scam" to see for yourself.)

So I've been doing some research on these clowns. Apparently they're based in one or more call centers in Ahmedabad, India (their time zone is 9 1/2 hours after US Eastern Time).

But here's the best part: the way their scam works is, they HAVE to give out a number so you can call them back! So you can always reach out to them. Just to say hi. Or, you know, to invite them to $&#@! their mothers.

Yes, they change the numbers frequently, every week or two (they apparently use "magicJack" to impersonate Washington DC or other US locations). New scammer call-back numbers are being reported all the time on the FTC's complaint website for this scam, among other places. The IRS, FTC, and Treasury Dept all know about this scam, and have issued press releases to that effect. But they're powerless to put a stop to it because the bad guys are all overseas.

But WE can stop them.

I've already begun to fight back... by calling these clowns. Every chance I get. And always from a blocked number so they can't ID me.

It doesn't just waste their time... as much fun as that is. But even better, you can get them REALLY pissed off, with no way to fight back. You can keep calling... and calling... and calling. They get more pissed off every time. While you laugh harder, and harder. I mean, their little curse words are just so CUTE! Awwww.

Who knew poetic justice could be this much fun?

So: GO AHEAD. CALL THEM. TIE UP THEIR PHONES. PISS 'EM OFF. IF ENOUGH OF US DO THIS, THEY'LL QUIT THEIR PATHETIC LITTLE PHONE SCAMMER JOBS.

As of Aug 9, 2014 the following numbers are live, scammer lines.

Removed (BW)

So go ahead. Pick a number and call... call... call. They'd just *love* to hear from you!

Cheers,

Agrajag (the Scammer Jammer)

p.s. I've also cross-posted this to 419eater.com, and (with slight variations) to the relevant comment boards of the FTC and also some US-based news organizations who reported on the upsurge in this particular scam over the past week.
Advertisement

#214139 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:08 pm
I had earlier removed OP's phone numbers that he posted because we needed evidence of a scam.

I have enough evidence to replace the numbers here.

Group 1: humans answered on Saturday. Aug 9
202-506-8153
202-506-9962
202-506-8682

Group 2: fake "IRS" voicemail answered on Saturday, Aug 9
202-241-2071
202-506-9461
202-506-8649
786-398-9367
202-239-7019
202-239-7034
202-506-8096
202-506-9784
202-506-8350

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#214231 by AgrajagScammerJammer Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:57 pm
Hi everyone,

I have two new, Agrajag-approved numbers for the IRS phone call scammers. Both are current as of Aug 11 @ 2:15 Eastern time.

1. 202-506-9759.

Answered as "IRS, how can I help you?" Indian-accented voice. Wow he didn't like it when I said I was calling to report a scam. Even the real IRS offers better customer service than this clown does. Of course, the *real* IRS isn't this much fun to call..... (Registered to "New Cingular Wireless Pcs, llc" from "Westchester, DC", per http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=ana ... ub=phonenr)

2. 202-506-8435.

Answered by three different people - two men and, unusually, one woman - either as "IRS" or "Internal Revenue Services, this is Jenny". All were Indian-accented voices, apparently different from those at the other numbers I've given. This may be an entirely different call center. (Also registered to a "New Cingular Wireless Pcs, llc" in "Westchester, DC", per the same source)

Also FYI, another number that I'd previously reported (202-506-8153; again registered to "New Cingular Wireless Pcs, llc" from "Westchester, DC", per the same source) was also live this morning and consistently answered as "IRS" and/or "Internal Revenue Service." Yes, it's the same pitiful little band of scammers from before.... my what a potty-mouthed bunch! Maybe they're sad because their day - or is it night? - is getting off to a disappointing start.

OK, now it's YOUR turn. Give 'em a call! Let them know how YOU feel about telephone scammers who prey on immigrants and old folks. Let them know that WE are on to them.

If you're not feeling super motivated, you can always sing 'em a song (they *love* that!). Or treat them to the sounds of your flushing toilet. Or the test button on your smoke detector. Or whatever else your inner 12-year old feels like doing today....

They're waiting to hear from you.

Cheers!
#216836 by wdeninger Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 pm
Here's a new DC number.... the same IRS audit and collections scam above. I had this guy so angry he was barking like an animal!

202-864-1210

Phone in just to say hello and ask about your taxes!
#216868 by williamross Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:15 pm
By the way, I found several scammer phone numbers at Callercenter and they all appear to be within the US. Can the authorities look into the posts? I think the phone number's enough to track the callers.