Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#216558 by mmenasche Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:35 pm
Hello,

I got a job offer through Odesk about a Customer Service Rep position from the Company, Robosoft Technologies, PVT. Ltd. I went through the interview but I noticed that the job offer appears to be different from the job description they provided during the interview. So, I played along and went ahead researching about the company; typed in some key words I received from Odesk and that from my interview to see if there could be some patterns that will show a sign of a scam other than the disconnect between the job offer and the job description as aforementioned.

Thanks to Scamwarners, I found the same pattern of questions asked by the pretending hiring manager named Christopher Tyson to that interview posted on this website regarding Primary Health Care Limited (http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewto ... 34&t=51843).

See for yourself and please don't fall into the trap. Be vigilant.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Removed personal information. ~Bubbles

The Interview:

Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Yes sir
christophertyson50: I am Christopher Tyson, One of the hiring manager of (Robosoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd) I would be the one to brief you about the position and the company.
christophertyson50: What are your full name sex and where are you located (City & State)
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Thanks.
christophertyson50: Robosoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.. is registered with Registrar of Companies under the Companies Act, 1956, (No. 1 of 1956) with Corporate Identity Number: U72300UP2009PTC038682 Robosoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is based in Karnataka.Having started as a Mac Contract Development House in 1996, Robosoft has marched a long way from itís humble beginnings.
christophertyson50: In the year 2000, when Apple and Microsoft transitioned their desktop operating systems to the next generation with Mac OS X and Windows 2000 we took the big plunge into device-driver development. The year 2006 saw us get into Game Porting from PC to Mac. In 2007 and 2008 we took great pride in ushering in our app subsidiary Global Delight and our Games subsidiary 99Games respectively.
christophertyson50: After more than a decade and a half of its existence, Robosoft's tenacity and hard work has paid off considering it is one of the best app development companies in the world today. 16 years of expertise working on Apple platforms gave us an understanding of its Core DNAí catapulting us into the iPhone App Development Arena. Eventually we started developing solutions for all Mobile Platforms
christophertyson50: Our temporary office is located at 4260 N. Campbell Ave,Tucson, AZ 85718,Our head office is located at 217, N.H.17, Santhekatte New Udupi 576 105,Karnataka, India.We have locations all over the usa and currently working on setting up some branch in NORTHGLENN, CO… thats why we are employing online,but when the new office near you is ready you can be assign to one of them that is if you qualify after the interview.
christophertyson50: This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $18 per hour during full working hours and the training is $15 per hour and will be getting your payment weekly via check or direct deposit working 30 to 40 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts.
christophertyson50: We are correctly working on the location in NORTHGLENN, CO… Once the office is available on the 15th of September you will be assigned to work over there if hired.
christophertyson50: Here's is the company website http://www.robosoftin.com you are required to use 5 minutes of your time to read more about the company, then let me know when you are done so we can proceed with the interview okay
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Ok. Thanks.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Thanks Christopher. It is my understanding that your company is looking for full time customer service reps, correct?
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: because the ad that I have received was full time or part time.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Anyways, I am interested to proceed.
christophertyson50: Yes
christophertyson50: The position available are. Data Entry, Call Center Representative, Office Assistant/Clerical Administrative, Customer Service Representative,Logistics Dispatcher Coordinator, Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, Office clerk/Office assistant ,Clerical Admin, Accounting clerk and Customer service etc. Which one are you applying for?
christophertyson50: This job is full time job
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: I am applying for the customer service rep
christophertyson50: Okay
christophertyson50: Tell me about yourself.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Alright.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: My name is *****and I am a free-lance business consultant for ******and Odesk.
christophertyson50: Great
christophertyson50: What's your clerical speed? Do you have an idea of how to use MS excel? What is your highest educational diploma? When did you receive it?
mmenasche1218: As to the lighter side of life, I am very friendly, cheerful and likes to stick to the bright aspect of life. I believe in the golden rule and of upholding the essential values to live a meaningful and wonderful life. Despite imperfections, I managed to love the people close to me and I always see productivity as something that makes me feel motivated.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: I do have an experience in MS Excel, i can type 60 words per minute and I finished my MBA last 2012 in Denver, CO
christophertyson50: Okay
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles:
christophertyson50: What interests you about this opening? (Or why do you want to work for us?)
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: It is an opportunity that knocked on my doorstep and given the history of the company, I would like to take part of its success in the not so distant future
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Michelle Van Kirk offered me this job at Odesk so I thought of applying
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: and I believe that with ample training and product knowledge, I am more than capable to do the job.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: I would like to meet, if not exceed your expectations.
christophertyson50: Okay great
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: thanks
christophertyson50: Why did you leave your last job? (Or why are you thinking about leaving your current job?)
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles:
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: I did not leave anything. The last work experience I had was that of an Intern.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: My goal for now is to take care of my family's needs while working from home.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: If that makes sense.
christophertyson50: Well you have done well so far and you seem like a perfect fit for this position. Hold on online while i send your answers to my superiors for review and consideration...Okay
christophertyson50: Please hold
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Sure thing. Thank you.
christophertyson50: <ding>
christophertyson50: I am back now. The result for the interview is on my desk...
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: hello
christophertyson50: I must congratulate you...
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Oh. Thanks.
christophertyson50: For your consideration stand,You have a good news, The good news is... You've just been confirmed qualified for this position.You are welcome to Robosoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd, You are now given a chance to show your commitment,charisma,diligence and be a productive employee.
christophertyson50: My superior's will reach you via e-mail or phone for your Position offer-documents and you're working paper's. Also they will put you through our company guidelines under US Human Resources Laws and Regulations okay
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: OK
christophertyson50: Your salary will be $18 per hour and you will be receiving your payment via Check or direct deposit and as new Staff of this Company, what banking institution do you operate with?
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: one last thing, it will be a 1099 until I get hired as a regular full time employe , right? the training will ay me 15 dollars an hour and if I get the job as a regular full time, it will be 18 dollars an hour.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: I have both**** which one is better for you?
christophertyson50: Yes very correct
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $18 per hour during full working hours and the training is $15 per hour and will be getting your payment weekly via check or direct deposit working 30 to 40 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.-- just a point of clarification
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: ok. so... I will be on training then. Nice. , thanks Christopher
christophertyson50: You will be receiving your duties online every day and i will always be online to assist you with any difficulties okay.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: ok
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: copy that
christophertyson50: Your Primary duties include: Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording, proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database.
christophertyson50: Secondary duties: Now, your secondary daily duties would be to report to your Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, assist with answering call, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.
christophertyson50: Can you handle the Job duties if you are being trained towards it?
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: With training, yes. I believe so.
christophertyson50: Okay good
christophertyson50: You would be eligible to Benefits after 2months of working with the company, Benefits offered are Health Insurance / Vacations / Bonuses which will be explain more better in your offer letter Ok
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: This does not sound like a customer service rep to me. May I know my job title, if you don't mind .
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Ok. You can send the offer letter to me at Removed personal information. ~Bubbles
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Thank you so much.
christophertyson50: I need you to email to Mr. Dhruv Singh with the following: Your full names, current Home address and apartment number, Phone number Zip Code and e-mail address via email on this e-mail ([email protected]) & bcc to ([email protected]) to enable my superior's enlist them into the Company's Register for proper documentation. Email that and get back to me now ASAP...
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: ok. brb
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: done
christophertyson50: Okay good
christophertyson50: You will be undergoing a 5 days training and orientation which will commence as soon as you have all working materials and you are rest assured that you will be paid for it okay
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: OK
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: thanks a lot!
christophertyson50: What is a lot?
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: thanks a bunch! is that better
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: thank you so much
christophertyson50: You will be fax or email a paper work and a HR document during your orientation and training, you are to fill, sign and send back to us.
christophertyson50: You will need some Data entry/Accounting software and also a time tracker to commence your training and orientation and also you need the software to get started with work...the work of the time tracker is to calculate your hours worked since this is an online work from home.
christophertyson50: Here are the names of the software's you will need to start working with are: Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Software, Sage Simply Accounting , Software, Peachtree Complete Accounting Software, Account Edge Accounting Software for Windows, Account Edge Accounting Software for Mac, Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2013 (formerly Simply Accounting),Business2Go software, Bookkeeper software, QuickBooks Pro 2012 software, The General Ledger,software,9.5,Bottom Line Accounting software, Balance Sheet Basics software and A PC laptop (MacBOOK Pro) if you don’t have one ..
christophertyson50: The funds for the software will be provided for you by the company via check ...Make sure you use them as instructed for the software and i will refer you to the vendor you are to purchase them from okay
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: OK. I am familiar with some of them. I will just wait on the instructions and the funds in order for me to comply. Odesk has a time tracker. Wouldn't you guys pay me through Odesk since I was contacted through that site? Just asking.
christophertyson50: That will be great also okay
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: Ok.I will wait for the email and will message you here as soon as I have questions. Sounds like a plan.
christophertyson50: As soon as the check its been issued out to you i will notify you and provide you with the tracking number so you can keep track and know when it will get to you okay
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: okay. and those are definitely needed for the training. In other words, the training will not commence if I havent installed he softwares yet.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: the*
christophertyson50: You will be getting the materials ASAP
christophertyson50: All we need from you is good work and trust, you will enjoy every moment working with us
christophertyson50: This Job offers Flexible hours but you are to report online to me by 8am daily for duties, task, and assignment...
christophertyson50: You will get your employment offer letter today, you are to sign and send it back okay
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: OK.
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: okay
christophertyson50: That's all for the interview, You are to report to me online tomorrow 8am your time for update on the check and employment offer letter Okay
christophertyson50: Please do make sure you are here on time tomorrow by 8am your time. Bye and have a wonderful day goodbye!!
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: alright. talk to you tomorrow
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: bye
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewto ... 34&t=51843
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: you may want to take a look at this
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: your lines are the same as the interviewer
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: reported as a scam
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: if this is a scam, im sorry. I do not want to participate. I decline the offer
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: thanks[/quote]
Last edited by mmenasche on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Advertisement

#216587 by Bubbles Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 pm
mmenasche wrote:Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=51843
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: you may want to take a look at this
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: your lines are the same as the interviewer
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: reported as a scam
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: if this is a scam, im sorry. I do not want to participate. I decline the offer
Removed personal information. ~Bubbles: thanks

Welcome to ScamWarners mmenasche, thank you for posting this information. We do strongly request that scammers NOT be pointed to our site. I understand you didn't know that, please in the future respect that. I also removed the information related to your real identity.

Thank you for being a member here.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#216683 by scammed5678 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:48 pm
Beware of Robosoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd, UDC Qatar, and HOV.
I too was scammed by this company. They said the same exact thing to me. The guy's Yahoo ID was christophertyson50. I bet that wasn't even him in that picture on his profile. They asked me for my name, sex, location, and why I was a good fit for the job. They asked me which bank I banked with. Why would a company ask that? Unless they had direct deposit contracts, they should not even ask that. He asked me what year I graduated HS. My theory is that Robosoft Technologies is a front of another company that phishes for information. Yet they do it in a very unethical way, promising someone a job that does not exist. They did it to my fiance too as well as a friend of mine. All 3 of us got the job, yet none of us were contacted as mentioned. haha. I was also contacted by UDCQatar (probably another front) which the person with Yahoo ID "udcinterview" said the same exact things as Robosoft. I'm not saying that the two companies are definitely affiliated, but it is very possible that they're running multiple companies as "fronts", even going as far as putting fake company reviews online to make themselves appear legit. They may even do business with those companies, but they are also doing something else fishy. They also use the company name "HOV" I found online. If they're not fishing for info, then what else type of scam could this be? I was wondering what their motive was. I also put this other post up last week. The reason I'm doing it (like you) is so that others will google their company name and realize it is a scam. They contact people on Odesk, inviting them to interview for the job. They may use other freelance sites that I am not aware of. Not sure on that. I am sorry you got scammed too!
Last edited by scammed5678 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#216689 by vonpaso xlura Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm
The writing looks African. He's probably not phishing, rather the request for a bank account is to use you as a money mule, and the software purchase would be from a fake company operated by the scammer, thus turning a fake check into real money in the scammer's hands.

robosoftin.com is, as far as I can tell, legitimate. It expires in 2023. You'll never see a scam domain registered for more than two years in the future (except maybe Chinese, the Chinese scams are different), and rarely more than one. It is common for these online chat "interview" scams to piggyback on the name of a legitimate company.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#216992 by scammed5678 Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:43 pm
Yeah, good points you made! I looked into Robosoft, and it seems that the company itself may be legit, and it may actually serve a purpose as to what it says. It claims to do software development. While that may true, I think they're also doing something on the side, and using their "legit" company name/ info as a front. Why else would they do the same EXACT spiel as those other 2 companies? Not to mention the one guy was actually representing two companies, haha. He was hiring for Robosoft AND HOV. He was pretending to work for Robosoft, but then didn't realize my friend had an interview w/the same guy for HOV. So Robo and HOV are affiliated for sure.
#216995 by vonpaso xlura Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 pm
The scammer is pretending to work for Robosoft. He has nothing to do with Robosoft. We've seen scam scripts just like that that piggyback on lots of different companies.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#217000 by HillBilly Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:50 pm
scammed5678 wrote: Why else would they do the same EXACT spiel as those other 2 companies? Not to mention the one guy was actually representing two companies, haha. He was hiring for Robosoft AND HOV. He was pretending to work for Robosoft, but then didn't realize my friend had an interview w/the same guy for HOV. So Robo and HOV are affiliated for sure.

One thing you are seeming to Assume, scammed5678, is that there is some degree of honesty in the scammer.

The fact is, there isn't. He is using both ( possibly more than that) decent, credible companies to lend his scam some credence. If you or your friend have emails from the scammer, a look at the complete headers would tell weather or not they came from the company's servers, or more likely a gmail or other free email address.