Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#20638 by began steele Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:48 am
The following scam message has come up. Details are sketchy just now but here is the text. This message will probably travel far, but the bots now have it. The charity mentioned is entirely reputable and I have emailed a warning to them. I have contacted the profile to attempt to get an email address and a bank details. I suggested that a donation of £500 could be forthcoming. Just a little sweetener. Please note the spelling mistakes, this is a UK charity and we spell it as "neighbours" here

From:KidsafeUK Ahttp://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5435378000 The profile is killed!
To:Me
Date:Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:55:21 AM
Subject:Dear Partners, On January 12, ...

On January 12, a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck Haiti just outside the capital city of Port-au-Prince. The devastation – in lives lost, property destroyed, and families displaced – is immense. At the request of President Obama, we are partnering to help the Haitian people reclaim their country and rebuild their lives. Our immediate priority is to save lives. The critical needs in Haiti are great, but they are also simple: food, water, shelter, and first-aid supplies. The best way concerned citizens can help is to donate funds that will go directly to supplying these material needs. Through the KidSafe UK Haiti Fund, we will work to provide immediate relief and long-term support to earthquake survivors. We will channel the collective goodwill around the globe to help the people of Haiti rebuild their cities, their neighborhoods, and their families. We ask each of you to give what you can to help ensure the people of Haiti can build back stronger and better than ever. KidssafeUK have personally witnessed the tremendous generosity and goodwill of the American people and of our friends around the world to help in times of great need. There is no greater rallying cry for our common humanity than witnessing our neighbors in distress. And, like any good neighbor, we have an obligation and desire to come to their aid. Thank you for taking the time to visit, and we hope you will donate to this worthwhile cause. The people of Haiti now need our assistance more than ever. To view the extent of devastation you can follow the link below. http://www.nowpublic.com/environment/ha ... quake-2010. To donate kindly reply.

Amy Roberts
Secretary
KidSafeUK
Foundation
United Kingdom
http://www.kidsafeuk.co.uk
Last edited by began steele on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
Advertisement

#20671 by began steele Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:17 pm
Dear Partner

We appreciate your response, and will appreciate any contribution made to help the people of Haiti, Knowing the extent of devastation suffered by the people of that country due to the earthquake.
You can send us your contribution/donation via western union money transfer to our foundation through our secretary
Name: Amy Roberts
Address: 19 Lingarth, Lindale Nr. Grange-Over-Sands Cumbria LA11 6LA

Forward the mtcn to us at [email protected]. We assure you that your help will reach the kids of haiti.
OR MORE LIKELY A SOMEONE IN AFRICA OR WHEREVER

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#21109 by began steele Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:49 am
I have the response I wanted. Please note this is a fraudulent account so send nothing to it. I am working to get this closed as soon as possible. The originating IP number is Malaysia. 60.53.233.4

[email protected]
to me
show details 19:36 (10 hours ago)
from [email protected]
to [email protected]
date 30 January 2010 19:36
subject Contributions to haiti
19:36 (10 hours ago)
Dear Partners,
Contributions to the Haiti Fund will help provide critical assistance in the aftermath of the January 12 earthquake. Kid Safe UK is working with its partners in affected areas to provide technical aid; meet immediate needs such as food, water, shelter and medical care; and coordinate a long-term response. The agency is committed to continuing its support throughout the recovery and rehabilitation process.
All donations/payment should be made to the account below:

Name: Brandon Boyd
Bank of Montreal Canada
Account number: 035220018183240
Swift code: BOFMCAM2
Receipt of transaction should be forwarded once transfer is made. We appreciate your kind contribution to the Haitian community and promise your aid will reach the people of Haiti.
Yours Faithfully
Amy Roberts
Secretary
KidSafeUK Foundation
United Kingdom

#21747 by began steele Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:49 pm
Sent to AA419 FOR CANCELLATION
Dear Partners,

We appreciate your effort to make the transfer to fund our aids to Haiti. We do not know the reason why your previous transfer could not
go through but we have provided you with an alternate account information to enable you effect the transfer.

The accont details are:

Name of bank: Bank of Montreal
419 King Street West
Oshawa Ontario L1J 8L8
Account Name: Brandon Boyd
Transit Number.. 0352
Institution Number... 001
Account Number... 8183 240
Swift code: BOFMCAM2

OR

Name: Zoe Vassalakis
Name of Bank: Community CPS Australia Limited
44 Waymouth Street Adelaide SA 5000.
Banking Number: BSB 805-022
Membership number: 340110
Swift Code: cuscau2xxx

Provide us with the transfer slip once transfer is effected. We appreciate your worthwhile course.

On behalf of the Haitian community, I take this opportunity to express our sincerest appreciation for your contributions of love. KidsafeUK is deeply grateful for your support and generosity.

It is through the support of (individuals, corporate representatives) like you that we are able to continue to strengthen our programs, and reach out to these communities.

Again, thank you for making this mission a reality.

Sincerely,

Amy Roberts