Information on romance scams and scammers.
#200162 by shazceesay Mon May 05, 2014 2:25 pm
He is now going by the name of John oswalt smith I met him mingle2 dating site he told me that he is in the US military and is out in Afghanistan and that he has been shot in the leg last week
he also told me he is a first class sergeant and has been out in Afghanistan for one year and couple of months and has 6 months left.
and then he is coming 2 england 2 be with me he told me his wife die 5yrs ago and that his sister is looking after his daughter but didn't give me her name he said b4 joining the military he did photography and that he was 2 open up his own business over here and yes he has ask me 4 money and a cell phone.he has a Facebook profile under the name john oswalt smith and has a picture of himself and his daughter so I through nothing of it till he sent me a picture of himself holding a note 4 me and then I seen the name handy so I did an image search and found him out. I did questioned he about it and he jus said that he had 2 b careful coz he has been scammed and didnt want people 2 know his real name
Advertisement

#200164 by Bryon Williams Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners shazceesay,

What was the email address he used? Can you please post a couple of his emails to you and the pictures? Please remove your personal information from the emails.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#200260 by shazceesay Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 am
Yes but he told me he lives in miami and he is now waiting 4 me 2 send him some money but he will b waiting a very long time
#200262 by Grunt Tue May 06, 2014 11:14 am
uploaded his FB photos via BlackBerry Smartphones App
Thanks for ur message here babe, I don't think I remember this person again.... Can u please explain ur self for me babe... I will be waiting for u.
Handy
Sent from military defence wireless
Received: from b16.c9.bise7.blackberry (johnoswaltsmith@178.239.85.186 with xymcookie [46.228.39.225])
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014
#200321 by shazceesay Tue May 06, 2014 4:27 pm
This sad man has just has a go at me coz he found out that I knew he was trying 2 scam me out of my money oh how I wish I know how 2 download his pictures on here coz i know it's the same man that is going all this.
He should be locked up and the key 2 be thrown away he is a dirty rat
#200323 by Bryon Williams Tue May 06, 2014 4:35 pm
^^^ Go to this thread for information on posting pictures. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Using scamwarners you can host and mark the photo's as stolen.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#203132 by Tee Brown Mon May 26, 2014 9:09 pm
Hello ladies he is going by the name James Handy he has sent me many pics of himself and his daughter stating he's in Afghanistan and his daughter Keewa is in Ghana with her God parents and he will be picking her up and bringing her back to the states once he leaves Afghanistan he has not asked me for money but he has made alot of promises once he comes home which is suppose to be June 15, 2014. He has also had his daughter supposedly emailing me but I can tell it's him and not a 12 year old child. He is on hangouts as James Hand his email address is [email protected] and his daughter is [email protected]. ladies beware I'm so glad I watch the tv show catfish and always investigate first.
#218104 by Cretia26 Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:16 pm
Well I am so sad to say that I did send this man money. I wished that I knew about this site before. I hadn't heard of catfish until afterwards. But I wanted to post an update, he is now using the name Andy Joe Martins and yes I did meet him on Mingle2. His email is [email protected]m. He told me that he was a sergeant in the army station over in Africa and that his cousin had his daughter in Orlando and that he lived in Orlando where he owned his own home. He claimed to need the money for the processing of his emergency leave from the military. I want t know who pictures he's using because he did call me and he is definitely of African decent, I have reported him and another gentlemen by the name of Nicholas Bankole to the Federal Trade Commission and Western Union. Andy phone number is 234 803 697 6115. I really hope that he is caught and arrested for scamming innocent women.
#218134 by Bubbles Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:43 am
Bryon Williams wrote:^^^ Go to this thread for information on posting pictures. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Using scamwarners you can host and mark the photo's as stolen.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#240987 by wende42 Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:43 am
I met this guy as andy joe martins and he was supposedly over in south Africa on a mission with 12 year old daughter in Miami with his cousi He try to tell me that his friend got a discharge by his girlfriend paying for it it. I told him there was such thing. He had the daughter IMING me but I knew it was him. It's the same g in the pictures on here. So please beware it's Nigerian African because he made the mistake and called me. He got angry when he couldn't convince me to send money for this discharge. It's a bunch of them on the different dating sites ran into another one by the name of James Stewart. I'm no longer on the dating sites because you don't know what you're getting