Room for Rent and other rental scams
#218232 by Michelle Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:05 pm
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Comfort and Convenience One Bedroom
Date: Mon, Sep 8, 2014 10:44 am

Hello,

I hope everything is good on your end. I'm glad to tell you that the apartment is still available. We thought we had the place rented to a couple that stopped by to see the place, but now it seems that they changed their mind, so we need to lease it as soon as possible. You were the second one to email me about it.

I am sure you will want to do a walkthrough of the property, but my husband doesn't want me to advertise the address as a precaution. Last time we did that without being diligent, the empty property was broken into and torn apart. We don't want that to happen again! You will be responsible for cable, internet, and phone, if you decide to have these services. Just to confirm, we DO allow pets at this property. The rental term is 12 month lease, but can be switched into a half year lease if preferred. We just ask that you give us fair notice if you are moving out.

When you want to come tour the place, then please visit the link below and grab your free score. All of our tenants use this site because Transunion is widely trusted. All you need to do is fill out the form and you get your score We aren't interested in specifics, it's more of a formality to have it on file, to make sure there are no previous property related issues. You can get it for free at CLICK HERE

Remember, we only need to see the page about the rental history. That will be all you will need to bring with you to the showing. We typically waive the security deposit with a rating of 560+.

Give me a heads up when you have an updated version of your credit history. Then I'll schedule you for a showing. Once you see it, you'll fall in love!

Thanks again!,
Terry Gray

First of all the Scammer will have earned commision for each person paying for the Credit Check, and then he will have wanted you to send him money to have keys and documents to be couriered from abroad, or to send money to a family friend to show that you are financially sound and not a time waster. He would have asked you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union or Moneygram).

These transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected.

Advertisement