Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#218387 by Steve L Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:58 pm
I was trying to buy an English bulldog from oodel.pets when I received this email. They have got no money from me, but do have my phone numbers, name, and address. Email came from [email protected]. and [email protected]
Thanks for getting back to me to confirm your interest in Oprah. As I mentioned earlier, We certainly wouldn't consider shipping as an option if it wasn't the best and 100% safe for Oprah.

The company is Pet Relocation.

I have started the adoption process. After everything is settled, I will take Oprah to the agency for flight registration. And when the registration is completed, the agency will contact you with a confirmation and with Oprah' delivery information. The company will give you a call when Oprah arrives.

You will have to send the money to me so that i can deduct the adoption fee and then pay for the delivery when i go to register Oprah with the pet delivery company. Vanilla Reload is the fastest means to send to me the money. Please follow instructions below if you have no idea on how to use Vanilla Reload to send the $500 for the adoption fee and delivery fee.

NB: Steps to follow if you're new to Vanilla Prepaid Reload:

1) Go to any of these Vanilla Prepaid Reload retail locations:

Cvs/pharmacy
Walgreens
7eleven

2) Pick up a Vanilla Prepaid Reload card from the prepaid product section and reload with $500 cash at the register, then activate the card.

3) On the back of the card, there is a pin number under a scratch panel, scratch it and send to us the pin number so I can confirm your payment and start the adoption and delivery process.

4) Also remember to send full snap shots of the purchase receipt and Vanilla Prepaid Reload Card with the side showing the pin number. This will serve as proof of payment. You can take a clear picture of the purchase receipt and vanilla card with your phone, attach the picture to an email and send to us along with the pin number.

5) You must use cash only to purchase the Vanilla Prepaid Reload card. I have attached a copy of the Vanilla Prepaid Reload Card so you should know what it looks like.

Important Note: The Vanilla Prepaid Reload card must be purchased with cash. I will not accept a Vanilla Prepaid Reload card purchased with debit/credit cards.
▶ Show quoted text
Advertisement

#218388 by HillBilly Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:05 pm
It is a scam. Never ever purchase a pet before you have seen it with your own eyes. And do not buy this crap about green dot, or other prepaid cards being capable of anything other than hiding the money trail.

Read this article for your own empowerment. : http://www.petscams.tk/

#218402 by vonpaso xlura Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:21 pm
NO legitimate company of ANY sort asks for payment by Vanilla Prepaid Reload cards, Western Union, or any such thing. (Some utilities can be paid at the same place one sends money by WU.) The message was written by an African, probably in Cameroon.

Does the fake shipper have a website? Can you post the complete headers of the email from tublir.com?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#219588 by Danny_Boy Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:42 pm
I was in contact with this supposed seller. Sent me pics of Bailey, Boss, Oprah, and Tess. I searched around a bit and found this site. Its has the pictures of all the bulldogs she says she has. Even same red fabric background.

http://www.shrinkabulls.com/index.htm

Click on the "Our Bulldog Photos" tab and scroll down.

Definitely a scam.

Dan
#219592 by HillBilly Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:22 pm
Danny_Boy wrote:I was in contact with this supposed seller. Sent me pics of Bailey, Boss, Oprah, and Tess. I searched around a bit and found this site. Its has the pictures of all the bulldogs she says she has. Even same red fabric background.

http://www.shrinkabulls.com/index.htm

Click on the "Our Bulldog Photos" tab and scroll down.

Definitely a scam.

Dan

The site you named appears to be legitimate. Chances are good the scammer you were in contact with stole the pictures from that legitimate site.

Only one thing bugs me about that site, on the "SCAMS" link it is advertised :
Only send money by BANK WIRE, Paypal & Check. Paypal is secure! A bank wire goes through the Federal Reserve into an account with the seller's SS # making it safe, legit, & completely trackable!!

I believe the statements about Paypal might have been true at sometime, but that was a lot of changes to their "terms of agreement" ago. As far as bank wire transfers go, it is way overstated. They might be trackable, but with Identity theft being as prevalent as it is these days, it is far from safe. Also, Trackable does not = law enforcement will trace it, it only means that as long as both accounts are covered by the Feds, it is possible to be tracked ( not likely it will be traced).

Never buy a pet you have not seen with your own eyes. Interaction between the pet and you ( your kids) is the most important part of any pet purchase, so it needs to be done before you ever consider dropping cash on a pet.