Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#218486 by auzziecop Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:19 am
I answered an add on a kitten adoption site, and was pleased to have found the Breed (Sacred Birman Temple Cats) I inquired and was responded to very quickly... The respondent stated that the kittens were available, they were free according to the advertisement, all I would need to do was to pay freight per kitten with a service she reportedly had used before. All was going well however when she sent a pic of one of the kittens I recognised it as a Ragdoll kitten, not a Birman... I questioned her re this fact and she became very defensive arguing that it was a Birman, only partially convinced I relented and said that we would take the kitten, I provided my contact and Registration details (No financial details) she stated that the company would be in touch with the details.... It almost had me fooled up until the time when I found that the only deposit method was via Western Union, I advised them via email that I would not be conducting a business transaction worth $555 AUD via Western Union, especially when the sole recipient was located in Cancoon.... I alerted the website where I first saw the add, and found her to be advertising the same kittens yesterday, they were scheduled to leave ADL this morning to me. I advised them that I would require certain information such as Registered Company name and Address, and contact numbers, and a Taxation number however none of this was forthcoming. I advised them that I would be reporting them to the Police, threats were made by them toward me, they were completely unprofessional in their responses to be almost bordering on abusive.

USHIP PET AIR TRANSPORT LTD was what its on their email however, it sounds like they are a global problem, and the name may change..... Happy to provide copies of emails received if it means getting these people locked away.

Dan
Advertisement

#218490 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:33 am
Thank you, Please post the emails and the email addresses. Remove your personal information from the emails.

If you were referred to a shipping company. Post the website address and any email you may have from them.

All the information that you can post will help others.

Please get your pet locally where you can see them physically and see how they raised. Never send money to someone you never met face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/