Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#218515 by poppapete56 Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:14 am
I was contacted by someone from the Federal Reserve Bank and told that there is a compensation fund of 3.5 million dollars in my name and all i have to do is pay a fee fees to have it transferred to my bank account. Well the fees have now totalled almost 2000 dollars and they are requesting one last fee to release the funds is this another scam
Advertisement

#218519 by AlanJones Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:16 am
I'm afraid it is definitely a scam - if you have previously been scammed then there is no way of getting your money back and no one would be offering you huge sums in compensation.

Anyone at all who writes to you offering you large sums of money is a scammer and you should just delete their mails and not reply.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#218538 by Dotti Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:59 pm
The federal reserve bank deals with the government and with banks. They do not deal with individuals.

You will never receive contact from the federal reserve bank. Any contact mentioning it is a scam.

As Alan has said, there is literally NOBODY out there giving millions of dollars (or even thousands of dollars) to strangers on the internet. There is also NO legitimate scenario in which you will be asked to pretend to be next of kin or help someone to claim their fortune. Every email mentioning any of these things is a scam, designed to get your money from you.

There is also no fund out there for scam victims. I'm going to sound harsh here, but there are far too many people in desperate need due to things like war, sickness, and lack of access to basic essentials. No agency or government, whether it is UN or anyone else, considers someone who sent their own money to strangers a priority.
As for the Nigerian government/EFCC? The people who are actually trying to stop the corruption are dealing with intense opposition and lack of funding--they do not now, nor will they ever have funding to compensate victims. And the corrupt part of Nigerian society openly blames the victims of scams--they certainly are not going to help.

As difficult as it is, the money you sent is gone. Nobody is going to pay you back, but the scammers will try very hard to get more out of you. As long as you read their emails, they will continue to approach you with one offer after another, in hopes they can get you to send another fee.

The only thing you can do at this point Is delete every message you receive that is offering money in any way.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.