Information on romance scams and scammers.
#218589 by trish64odi Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:57 am
hi i was scammed buy a man whos pic is already on hear r [425731_221561321312241_1144053999_nthor.this is his pic i just found him on another dating site i used a different name and sent him a wink well when he saw my pic on my profile he took his profile down lol i also notified the dating site it was another millionaire dating site he was using the namr thorsten heins or thorsten heinz and the email he used was thorstn102@gmail and the ph number he used was +1 713-482-1537 i had traced this to Texas this was the first email he had sent me he was good read this dosent sound like its from Nigeria
Thorsten Heinz <[email protected]>
Jul 15

to me
Hello Removed (BW),

Thanks for your note and I am so much interested in you. I feel so happy to have you in contact from the site. I want you to know this is my first time trying this online dating. I really don't know what other contacts have interest in you,but i must be very open and honest in search of this for my life. Honestly, i find you more interesting and get along with for a relationship as far as the age and distance is not a barrier for you to find a perfect match. I believe you and i had a purpose to be a member in the site. I feel you are soul clean and open for a new life time and for a new relationship. I want to meet someone who is matured in mind like you. I am seeking a faithful and fruitful relationship with a true soul mate. I want a woman that i can trust and be able to talk about anything at any time and have no problems discussing or sharing our goods and problems together. I still want us to have more time to talk and know other things about us and share together. I am so tired of loneliness, i have been widowed for over five years,since my wife passed away 2007. I was in a relationship that lasted less than a year after the death of my wife, but this last relationship got me scared to fall in love again but then, i just have to move on with life to find the right woman for me. This is an adventure of life and i believe God has a purpose for us to get connected now. I would love to know everything about you before we could start talking on phone and see if we have everything in common. I do really hope to hear from you soon.

Thor.

Thorsten Heinz <[email protected]>
Jul 15

to me
Hello Removed (BW),

Thanks for your lovely note and you seem to be nice and sound so great to me, I was born and raised in Berlin, Germany. I had my high school and college education there in Germany, then i gain an admission to study abroad in University of Manchester, England. I am a civil engineer by profession, basically into telecom engineer. Currently, i work independently, presently in Dublin Ireland for project, and i look forward to retire soon. I have been shuffling between U.S.A and Finland for over 7 years now since i have been securing more job approval and other recommendations. I relocate finally to settle down here in the U.S three years ago and have a 3 bed room house i rent for now. I am looking to buy a home soon i retire by the end of this year, still i am open to relocate anywhere i find the right partner God has for me in life. I have also find it more comfortable and hoping to find a honest and faithful woman to complete each other as a loving and caring partners in life. I am getting retired soon and i look forward to a happy happy family with a good woman to be my wife. I turned 55 years young April 29th, widowed with one daughter who is currently out of the nest, happily married with one grand son for me. He keeps me younger having him around. I hope my age is not a problem for you? I live alone in my home in Houston, Texas. I never knew i was in love with the wrong woman who pretend she love me for real. I can share more with you when we have the chance to talk more about the past. I really don't want to keep that memory ring back again for now. I'll do really hope to hear from you soon.

Thor.

this is the second one like i said he sounds educated he was very convincing he is know on you scam site as stanley stankowisk and on the other site i just found him on he was going buy blueeyes1802 so if any one is talking to a man that they meet buy the user name blueeyes1802 beware he is not who he said he is
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed name and added quotations.
Advertisement

#218646 by Dotti Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:34 am
While the scammer doesn't resort to pidgin, the writing is most definitely African. There are some better parts to his and his word choices aren't as far off as many we see, but he makes a lot of English mistakes (consistent mistakes in verb tense, capitalization, certain dead giveaway word choices) and the specific mistakes are consistent with someone raised in Africa, NOT Germany.

It's not uncommon for the initial emails to sound a bit better, because these emails are often scripts, and additional effort (and practice) have gone into designing those. Often the quality of the English will greatly deteriorate when the scam progresses and the scammer has to actually go off his script.

But as I said, there is enough here to definitely say this scammer is African. The most common countries for these scammers are Nigeria and Ghana, but we do see them in other countries as well.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#218647 by AlanJones Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:40 am
As Dotti says, the initial emails are scripted and large chunks of your mail can be found here http://www.youreittoday.com/scammer.php ... rid=592431. The scammer is using the same name, but a different email address.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.