Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#219053 by rua_rung_rinh Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:26 am
Hello,
I am an Aupair from Vietnam and I am looking for a host family in the USA.

I found Mrs Christana Burke from facebook and sent email to her. Just by 1 email, she told me that she is interested in me and want to connect with me by an agency for Aupair in the USA and the coodinator Kristin Chasan
Consultant Cultural Home Stay International

Email:[email protected]

104 Butterfield Road, San AnselmoCalifornia, USA

I have searched from Google and know that address is CHI Aupair USA and their staff also have woman named Kristin Chasan,

I have email to Mrs Kristin and she guided me to email to Mr Debbie McCardle <[email protected]> for the application and documents to become an Aupair in USA.

Mr Debbie sent me an email with the documents and an Invoice which request me sent 1250 $ for CHI aupair through Western Union/ Money Gram

I have searched by Google about Mrs Kristin Chasan and Mr Debbie McCardle, they are from CHI aupair but their email address to me are ended with "hotmail.com" or "outlook.com" while mail from CHI aupair is ended with "chinet.org" so I suspect that all of them are scammers.

I am right or not?

Please help me,

Thank you
Advertisement

#219057 by AlanJones Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:09 am
It is a scam - the only way to become an au pair in the USA is detailed here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191369#p191369.

Anyone that asks you to contact an "agency" that is not listed on the State Department website or through a method that does not match those on the list of authorised agencies is a scammer.

Additionally, the first step for any au pair wanting to work in the USA is a face to face interview with a representative of the agency in your coutnry - if that hasn't happened then you're not dealing with a real agency.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#233497 by aupairdk Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 pm
I was contacted by the same mail account. Different names on host family, but same story and same hotmail. This is absolutely scammer.

Kristin Chasan does work at Cultural Homestay International - do note that in the official name Homestay is in one word. But not as consultant but as communication responsible. I wrote her on the official chinet-mail, which is not a Hotmail/address. She was very nice and answered that the senders of the Hotmail mails for sure was scammers.

Take care!