Information on romance scams and scammers.
#207643 by saharakeara24 Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:06 pm
Hello,
This man contacted me on facebook via topface. I can guarantee that he is a scammer <removed some info because we don't want to educate scammers on certain things - dotti>
In his picture on TopFace he is in GREEN fatigues. The Marines wear BROWN, yes even in the jungle landscape. My son was just in the far east. They love to claim Special Forces if claim Army, and will say they are Sgts. Cpts, ot Lts. but have no idea what the job entails. They claim they lost equipment and are overseas and need to pay for it, pretend to be sick and want to come "home" to the "woman of their dreams". Don't trust forms, they are all found on google and if you know the service you also know that the service member MUST do everything for themselves, wives have a heck of a time getting day to day things done so major issues there is no way this side of hell. I don't have the picture but included the email and gave you a profile. I hope this helps someone.
~saharakeara24
David Rowland
To Me

Jun 24 at 1:12 AM

Am DAVID ROWLAND by name, US MARINE SOLDIER Well my friends would describe me as down to earth and laid back with a pretty good sense of humor. I love to laugh and enjoy being silly and making people laugh... I can also have a serious side, when the time calls for it, but life is to short to be serious all the time, so you just have to roll with it and have fun. I c....and of course that will be me!I'm just searching for that very special woman that will become my best friend first. But don't think that I am running from love,I'm just being careful not to get hurt.I am single and I have only been in love once. So I'm not looking to be any one first,just the last man they will ever want in there life.I hope that you decide that you would like to know more about me as I want to know everything about you.

description of myself:i am easy going and laid back ,learn to love and also love to learn , i like honesty and i hate lies ,i love to gym , go to the gym and i also love the ocean and the beach cos i like to watch the sun set ...love kids so much and i love my job too cos it makes me happy , i guess if u still wanna know more about me fill free to send me a msg.

David.[i][/i]
Advertisement

#219177 by teresamichols75 Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:31 pm
This guy found me in the dating website Plenty of Fish. We have been emailing now for about a week. How long did you two talk and what exactly did he ask you to do? He's asking me to contact the Military Call Agent so that we can talk. Sound familiar???

Please let me know.

Thank you
#219178 by Bryon Williams Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:40 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam. The scammer is playing all roles in this scam.

He will want you to send money to him to buy fake phone privileges.

Military members do not pay for Phones, phone calls or phone privileges. They also do not pay for leave, medical or flights back home.

Please read this thread on Military scammers viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

Also post his email address and a couple of his initial emails to you. Remove any of your personal information from them. By posting this information you will be warning others to avoid this scammer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/