Room for Rent and other rental scams
#215911 by nzsean Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:28 pm
Looks like "Mathei Florian" is now going by James Noble.
email address: [email protected].
Same old story as before.
His solicitor "Robert Andrade" seems to have offices all over the world !!
Advertisement

#215917 by vonpaso xlura Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:01 pm
Please post some emails he sent so that other victims can recognize the scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#219445 by Furygirl Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:49 pm
Exactly the same scam, great looking pictures but this guy doesn´t even try to change his story, he sent me 2 almost identical emails under 2 different names. And he has terrible grammar...Enough said

[email protected]

Hello ,

Thanks for the mail, i am so happy to let you know that the apartment is still very much available for rent.Here are some important information about the apartment.The apartment cost EURO450 per month including all bills such as: Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom,Bathroom, Toilet,Livingroom, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven, microwave and coffee maker. The bedroom has a full bed with down duvet & pillows, the blankets, and a 6 drawer dresser, dining table, reading chair, fold out couch, water, hydro.

Plus EURO500 for security deposit payment which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties.

The apartment is located at 7 Rue de Turenne, Paris, Île-de-France, France. and it just about 1.2km distance to its metro station,the apartment spacious is about 80sqm and a room is about 30sqm, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Paris.its on the second floor of the building.

To know much more about the environment,just open www,google.com, click on map, copy the address and paste it into the map, you will surely see the building and the environment very clearly.

But presently am not available in Paris for now as am presently in United kingdom now to complete my work with my company and am here with my families and my keys.But all you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside ,But i want you to have it mind that the apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.that is the reason why i sent you my apartment picture just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.you will be living in my apartment without sharing it with anybody.it is available for short term and long term basis because am going to be here for 2 years and i dont want my apartment to be dusty when coming back After 2 years,that is the main reason why am renting out my apartment.

But before any reservation,Can you tell me little about yourself,Anything you think you want me to know about you.

where are you from and also where are you presently?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
Have you ever rent an apartment before?
Did you smoke?
Did you have pet?
did you take drugs?
did you have car?
Are you going to stay alone?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
What are you doing for living?
How old are you?
What is your gender?
Phone number?
Mobile Number?
What is the best time to call you?

Attach are some pictures of how my Apartment looks like.That is the information you need to know about my Apartment.If you are interested in renting my Apartment Kindly get back to me so that i can tell you on how to get it reserved.

After this I replied and he sent me this:

Hello

Thanks for getting back to me and your understanding. I want to tell you thats the apartment and the available one is on the second floor. Here is little about myself...My name is Mathei Florian, I was born in Germany but i live in Great britian, my father is from Germany and mother from paris,Am married with 2 daughters,Am nice, faithful, loyal, honest, caring, open minded,I work in Construction company here in United Kingdom.i don't smoke but i drink socially.i love pet,I love warm weather, tropical drinks and sandy beaches. I like to party and have fun.

Two years ago, I Inherit the apartment from my late mother who is from paris it's because am the only child and also here working for my company in United Kingdom and there is no way i could come to take good care of the apartment myself that's why i am looking for a reliable tenant who is going to take good care of this apartment for me in my absence

Whenever i traveled like that, I make use of house agent or a friend of mine over there but they cheated a lot on my tenants and my tenants complains alot about that. That is the reason why i took the keys along with me because i don't want my apartment to be used anyhow in my absence.

Also,I would like to put my trust in you.

For you to get the place reserved we will both sign my rental agreement contract which is going be prepared and signed by my lawyer, which is documented with English law because it is going to stand as guarantee for both of us.

I will sign it,scan it,send it to your email box and immediately you receive it, you are going to print it out as well,sign it, scan it, email it back to me.

Do get back to me with the below informations so that we can proceed further:

Your full name:
Your full address:
Nationality:
Passport id:
Show message history
Date of birth:
Move in date and out:

After that you will go ahead with your payment which is your first month rent and security deposit . Once your payment is confirmed by me, i will post the keys and the receipt of your payment to you via DHL courier service .it is just 1-2 days delivery and email you the shipping code for you to know when the keys will be deliver to you so that you can have your keys and move into my apartment.

Kindly get back to me to let me know what you think about this proceedure so that i can send the rental agreement contract to you for you to sign..

Best
Regards
Mathei

And then surprise surprise I got the same email from a seemingly different guy...James Rodriguez

from this email

[email protected]

Hello,

Thanks for the mail, i am so happy to let you know that the apartment is still very much available for rent. Here are some important information about the apartment. The apartment cost 450euro per month including all bills such as: Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator, Bedroom, Bathroom Toilet, Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven, microwave and coffee maker. The bedroom has a full bed with down duvet & pillows, the blankets, and a 6 drawer dresser, dining table, reading chair, fold out couch, water, hydro, Plus 500euro for security deposit payment which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties.

The apartment is located at 14 Rue du Débarcadère, 75017 Paris, France, and it just about 1.2km distance to its metro station, the apartment spacious is about 80sqm and a room is about 30sqm, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Paris. its on the second floor of the building also you can Register with my Address.

To know much more about the environment, just open http://www.google.com click on map, copy the address and paste it into the map, you will surely see the building and the environment very clearly.

But presently am not available in Paris for now as am presently in United kingdom now to complete my work with my company and am here with my families and my keys. But all you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside, But i want you to have it mind that the apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys. that is the reason why i sent you my apartment picture just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like. you will be living in my apartment without sharing it with anybody. it is available for short term and long term basis because am going to be here for 2 years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty when coming back After 2 years, that is the main reason why am renting out my apartment.

But before any reservation, Can you tell me little about yourself, Anything you think you want me to know about you.

Preferred move in date?
Preferred moving out date?
Did you have pet?
Did you smoke?
did you take drugs?
did you have car?
Present occupation?
How old are you?
What is your gender?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?
Your Picture?

Attach are some pictures of how my Apartment looks like. that is the information you need to know about my Apartment, If you are interested in renting my Apartment Kindly get back to me so that i can tell you on how to get it reserved. you can simply reach me on +447087629932 for further discussion on the apartment.

Best Regards

Hello,

Thanks for the mail, i am so happy to let you know that the apartment is still very much available for rent. Here are some important information about the apartment. The apartment cost 450euro per month including all bills such as: Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator, Bedroom, Bathroom Toilet, Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven, microwave and coffee maker. The bedroom has a full bed with down duvet & pillows, the blankets, and a 6 drawer dresser, dining table, reading chair, fold out couch, water, hydro, Plus 500euro for security deposit payment which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties.

The apartment is located at 14 Rue du Débarcadère, 75017 Paris, France, and it just about 1.2km distance to its metro station, the apartment spacious is about 80sqm and a room is about 30sqm, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Paris. its on the second floor of the building also you can Register with my Address.

To know much more about the environment, just open http://www.google.com click on map, copy the address and paste it into the map, you will surely see the building and the environment very clearly.

But presently am not available in Paris for now as am presently in United kingdom now to complete my work with my company and am here with my families and my keys. But all you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside, But i want you to have it mind that the apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys. that is the reason why i sent you my apartment picture just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like. you will be living in my apartment without sharing it with anybody. it is available for short term and long term basis because am going to be here for 2 years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty when coming back After 2 years, that is the main reason why am renting out my apartment.

But before any reservation, Can you tell me little about yourself, Anything you think you want me to know about you.

Preferred move in date?
Preferred moving out date?
Did you have pet?
Did you smoke?
did you take drugs?
did you have car?
Present occupation?
How old are you?
What is your gender?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?
Your Picture?

Attach are some pictures of how my Apartment looks like. that is the information you need to know about my Apartment, If you are interested in renting my Apartment Kindly get back to me so that i can tell you on how to get it reserved. you can simply reach me on +447087629932 for further discussion on the apartment.

Best Regards
#219478 by vonpaso xlura Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:16 pm
The writing is obviously that of a West African, not any sort of European. The +44-70 number shows that he is not in England.

In this sort of scam, the scammer claims to have the keys with him and asks for money to send you the keys. Real people in such situations leave the keys with a local agent who can show the apartment. If you're asked for money before you have seen the apartment, it's a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#229007 by Raz050 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:18 am
Same story here, be aware!!!

RE: Accommodation Paris
James Noble ([email protected])
[email protected]
Outlook.com Interactieve weergave
4 bijlagen (totaal 224,4 kB)
LIVING ROOM.JPG weergeven in diavoorstelling
Downloaden
MY BEDROOM.jpg weergeven in diavoorstelling
Downloaden
MY KITCHEN.jpg weergeven in diavoorstelling
Downloaden
TOILET AND BATHROOM.JPG weergeven in diavoorstelling
Downloaden
Diavoorstelling weergeven (4)Alles downloaden als zip
Hello.

Thanks so much for your interest.My apartment is available for rent. Presently am not available in The Paris at the moment to show you around as am presently in United kingdom to complete my school and am here with my keys.All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that the apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i sent you my apartment picture just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.it is available for short term and long term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for 2 years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty when coming back After 2 years.This is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment.

My apartment is located at (10 Rue de Rivoli, 75004 Paris France).Its on the second floor of the building...My apartment cost 450eur per month plus 600eur for security deposit payment which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties.

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as:Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet,Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven and coffee maker.The bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount(500eur).The apartment spacious is about 65sqm and a room is about 30sqm, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Paris.

Attach are some pictures of how my Apartment looks like.That is the information you need to know about my Apartment.If you are interested in renting my Apartment Kindly get back to me so that i can tell you on how to get it reserved.Here is my uk mobile number +447821961768
James
#289088 by Grobbs Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:44 am
Same story in Amsterdam, several email addresses on different advertisements:
Jonny Ludovic [email protected]
Leerdam Iris [email protected]
Jakob Dorel [email protected] (this is the one to whom the first two people redirected me)
<Bank Account Noted - Tim>
Bank account:
Bank Name................Halifax Bank
Account Name..............Jakob Lyon Dorel
Address.....................United Kingdom
Account Number............10330961
sortcode..................110454
Bic.......................HLFXGB21N24
IBAN......................GB33HLFX11045410330961
Branch... Leyton Lea Bridge Road
Address.. P O Box 722 Leeds LS1 9GG

Mobile number: +447821961768
#290009 by Grobbs Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:01 am
Another attempted scam in Amsterdam, this was also posted on http://www.pandahi.com/1063511783.html. This is the mail he/she sent and all the information I could gather:

I have all the amenities you could possibly need, Gym in the flat free usage, in unit we have Washing and drying machine, Desk and chair in rooms, all new stainless steel appliances, Internet in every room as well as wireless connections, 41" plasma in the family room, etc. I am a 32yrs,I am doing my masters and working at the same time, and the house belongs to both my parents who work and live in SPAIN and UNITED KINGDOM The rent again per month is Euro 350, which includes all utilities to be paid just once which covers the whole of utilities for the duration of your stay and a security deposit of Euro 300, which is refundable at the end of your stay in the room.The purpose of this money is in case of damages (either by you or any of your guests). Your money will be refunded in full to you at the end of your stay in the room if there is no damage to the room or the fittings.The house is located at Bergstraat 7 1015 AV Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Email: [email protected]
Name: James Fuge
Bank Name: LA CAIXA
Bank Address: AV. PARAL.LEL, 58 08001 Barcelona SPAIN
Account Name: Anthony Craig. FUGE
Account Number: 2100 3037 5121 0311 2732
IBAN: ES44 2100 3037 5121 0311 2732
BIC: CAIXESBBXXX
Swift Code: CAIXESBBXXX
Details Noted AJ
#292614 by Billy Willy Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:13 pm
Jakob Dorel : [email protected] is still active. I was redirected to him by a CRAIGSLIST ad poster named Arliguie Ulysse Ulysse : [email protected]. Original ad:

http://amsterdam.craigslist.org/roo/5518053963.html

This is the reply I got:

"Hello,

Thanks so much for getting back to me, am so happy to hear from you that you are interested in renting my apartment.Below is the information you need to know about my apartment:

Flat address: Nieuwe Leliestraat 55C 1015SJ Amsterdam Netherlands
Apartment Floor: It is on the on the second floor of the building
Rent Per month : 400EUR and utilities is included in the rent amount per month
Security Deposit: 500EUR which will be given back to you when moving out without any loss or damage of my property.

Size of accommodation: 49,8m2.

My apartment is Two bedroom apartment flat but am renting out one bedroom because i have my stuffs in the second bedroom.Your own bedroom picture is the one sending to you, you will be living in the apartment alone because am not around at the moment and am still going to be here for over one year.

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as:Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet,Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven and coffee maker.The bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount.The apartment spacious is about 49,8m2, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Amsterdam

But presently am not available in Amsterdam to show you around as am presently in United Kingdom now to work with my company and am here with my keys.All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that my apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i sent you my apartment pictures just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.it is available for short term and long term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for one years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty .That is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment so that you can take good care of the apartment for me in my absence.

Attached are some pictures of how my apartment Bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom looks like.That is the information you need to know about my apartment.If you are interested in renting my apartment Kindly get back to me...Here is my uk mobile number +447821961768

Regards"

COMPLETE SCAM. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
#293832 by amber.gl808 Thu May 05, 2016 9:12 am
:bondage:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Please beware in facebook groups too. Usually making reference to each other

email ex :

Hello,

Thanks so much for getting back to me, am so happy to hear from you that you are interested in renting my apartment.Below is the information you need to know about my apartment:

Flat address: Große Hamburger Str. 14 10115 Berlin Germany
Apartment Floor: It is on the on the first floor of the building
Security Deposit: 500EUR which will be given back to you when moving out without any loss or damage of my property.

My apartment is Two bedroom apartment flat but am renting out one bedroom because i have my stuffs in the second bedroom.Your own bedroom picture is the one sending to you, you will be living in the apartment alone because am not around at the moment and am still going to be here for over one year.

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as:Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet,Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven and coffee maker.The bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount.The apartment spacious is about 49,8m2, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Berlin

But presently am not available in Berlin to show you around as am presently in United Kingdom now to work with my company and am here with my keys.All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that my apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i sent you my apartment pictures just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.it is available for short term and long term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for one years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty .That is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment so that you can take good care of the apartment for me in my absence.

Attached are some pictures of how my apartment Bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom looks like.That is the information you need to know about my apartment.If you are interested in renting my apartment Kindly get back to me...Here is my uk mobile number +447821961768 or +447031931848

Regards
#295553 by XDD Thu May 19, 2016 2:03 pm
Yes this guy is still active, pretending he has an apartment to rent in Amsterdam.
i'm not english native so pls don't mind my english.
http://erasmusu.com/en/erasmus-amsterda ... dam-414736
this was the webpage where i first found him, the name was Uly Arliguie and the email address was [email protected]
I emailed this guy and he replied saying that his apartment has just been rented to someone. Then he redirect me to this name : Jakob Dorel
this webpage: http://erasmusu.com/en/erasmus-amsterda ... dam-416627
and this email address: [email protected]
the first guys said that the second guy was his colleague, who had just been appointed by the company to work abroad so that his apartment should be unoccupied right now.
Then i emailed the second guy, who now i believe is just the same person, he respond like this:

Hello,

Flat address: Nieuwe Leliestraat 55C 1015SJ Amsterdam Netherlands
Apartment Floor: It is on the on the second floor of the building

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as:Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet,Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven and coffee maker.The bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount.The apartment spacious is about 49,8m2, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Amsterdam

But presently am not available in Amsterdam to show you around as am presently in United Kingdom now to work with my company and am here with my keys.All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that my apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i sent you my apartment pictures just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.it is available for short term and long term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for one years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty .That is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment so that you can take good care of the apartment for me in my absence.

Attached are some pictures of how my apartment Bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom looks like.That is the information you need to know about my apartment.If you are interested in renting my apartment Kindly get back to me...Here is my uk mobile number +447821961768 or +447031931848

Regards( with a few photos of his apartment attached)

this sounds appealing. i expressed my interest and he replied like this:

Thanks for getting back to me, Am very happy to hear from you.I believe it is very good to know each other very well before we are going to move into rental process.

Let me start by introducing myself, My name Jakob Lyon Dorel, I am 37 years old, Am happily married with two kids.i am a civil engineer by profession, i work with Bennett construction company in United Kingdom.we deal with Building and rebuild Roads.I am a sincere, honest and trustworthy person, also friendly and hardworking.I don't drink,I don't smoke but i'm cool living with people that do,no pets.I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hand working people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,I am a quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5.8' straight. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis. I like the job because it involves travelling which is one of my hobbies, I love going around to understand more culture and to meet new people.

I was born and brought up in England. My father was born here in England while my mother from Amsterdam. Inherit this apartment from my late mother. I move with my family to Amsterdam 3 years back to work with my company and i live in this apartment before i receive a transfer letter from my company to move back to England again.

I move down to England few months ago with my family and my apartment is empty at the moment.I am working here in United Kingdom at the moment That’s why i am searching for reliable tenant who is going to take good care of this apartment for me in my absence because am still going to be here for some years.

Whenever i traveled like that, I make use of house agent or a friend of mine over there but they cheated a lot on my tenants and my tenants complains a lot about that. That is the reason why i took the keys along with me because i don't want my apartment to be used anyhow in my absence.

Also, I would like to put my trust in you.It is now your turn to tell me something about your self.

Due to the nature of my Job am not always available on phone as i always off my phone but am on my ipad to check mail.Just write me a message on my email to ask me what ever question you want to ask. I also attach some pictures of me for you to be sure of who you are dealing with .

I will be waiting to know much more about you

Regards(with a few photos of "himself" attached)(god knows where he stole these photos from...)

then i briefly described myself and said: "how could i reserve it?" he replied like this:

Thanks for getting back to me, Am so happy to hear about you..I want you to understand that i have alot of people who are also interested in renting my apartment and it is first come first serve that is why i want you to do your reservation now and have your keys with you.

For you to get the place reserved we both have to sign my rental agreement contract which is prepared and signed by my solicitor, which is documented with Nederland's law because it is going to stand as guarantee for both of us.

After that you will go ahead with your payment which is your first month rent and security deposit. Once your payment is confirmed by me, i will post the keys and the receipt of your payment to you via DHL courier service .it is just 1-2 days delivery and email you the shipping code for you to know when the keys will be deliver to you so that you can have your keys and move into my apartment.

Do get back to me with the below information so that we can proceed further with the rental agreement contract form

Your full name:
Your full address:
Your passport id number or any kind of id number:
Your phone number:
Your date of birth:
Your move in date:
Your move out date:

Please make sure the address is where you want me to ship the keys and the payment receipt to..I will be waiting to hear from you with the information so that we can continue with the rental process.

Regards
Jakob

that's the time when i could almost confirm he was a fraud. so i replied as follows, picking out all the suspicious points i found:

Hello Mr Jakob.
Some Questions:
1. How can I sign the contract? You post it to me and then I sign it and then I post it back to you?
2. I trust you, but how can you prove to me that you are not a fraud? There is risk that I send you money but you don't send me the key, since you want me to send money first.
3. I also doubt because an university-allocated single room costs 500 Euro a month, while your much more spacious apartment cost just 400 Euro a month. I would be thankful if you can explain this.
4. Additionally, you ignored my questions about the details of facilities and the neighborhood, which should be very easy to answer if you did live in that place for 3 years. Instead, you just urge me to move on to the contract and payment.
5. How could you guarantee that you can keep my information such as passport No. and date of birth secure and don't use it for any other purposes?
Dear Mr Jakob, your long and detailed emails and quick responses make me feel that I can trust you. But please forgive me of asking these questions for the security of my own information and money. I won't move on until I received convincing answer of these questions.
Yours sincerely,

he never replied after that.

looool

also, the company which he claimed working for does exist, but i searched on the company's website and they doesn't have any ongoing or finished project in the Netherlands. And there is no person named Jakob Dorel on facebook, not even with the photos he provided. Also, he said he is 37 years old and 5.8 feet tall, but the person in the photos is at least 6.5 feet tall and over 45 years old. So funny ehh....? there are always millions of ways to identify a fraud. D

good luck to everyone
#296943 by vyz Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:24 am
Grobbs wrote:Same story in Amsterdam, several email addresses on different advertisements:
Jakob Dorel [email protected] (this is the one to whom the first two people redirected me)
Bank account:

Thanks a lot for this post, it just saved me from getting scammed.
Jakob Dorel resurfaced with email [email protected] on Stockholm's craigslist.
He had this whole story about his life working in a construction company, getting transferred to the UK, and his Swedish mother inherited him a nice apartment, he even provided pictures of the apartment, and of himself and his wife (allegedly). He said a lot of things about honesty and trustworthiness and asked for a whole lot of information from me. The giveaways were his flawed english for a self proclaimed british, stoic reluctance to any kind of phone or voicechat, the fact that he's renting a room whilst abroad and keeping the keys himself. Also asking for money in advance in promise of sending the keys via mail.
DO NOT TRUST THIS PERSON
#315942 by snowboot Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:22 am
Hi guys, I just saw that my name is to be found on this website. The person that presents himself as Iris Leerdam is not me and that is not my actual e-mail address. Please do not do any business with him/her, because he surely is a scammer!
Unfortunately I got scammed two summers ago by someone presenting himself as Jeremy Novel (e-mail address [email protected]) for an apartment rent in Venice, Italy. I lost 900 euros that way, and naive me unfortunately sent him a copy of my passport, which has apparently been used by the scam network afterwards. I found the same name and story through this website afterwards and I reported everything to the police. Now that I see that my name is used for scam, I want to clarify that it is not me and that you should NOT TRUST THIS PERSON!

Hereunder his e-mails and story, which is a very common one, as I understood later.

"Hello,

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as:Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet,Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven and coffee maker.The bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount.The apartment spacious is about 65sqm and a room is about 30sqm, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Venice.

Flat address: (Via Antonio Vivaldi 14 30126 Lido VE italy ).Its on the first floor of the building

Rent per month: 400EUR with the utilities such as: Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, gas, parking space etc.

Security deposit : 500EUR which will be giving back to you when moving out without any loss or damage of my property

Size: My apartment is two bedroom apartment, am willing to rent out one bedroom and i will be using the other bedroom whenever am around.

But presently am not available in Venice to show you around as am presently in United Kingdom now to work with my company and am here with my keys.All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that my apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i sent you my apartment pictures just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.it is available for short term and long term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for one years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty .That is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment so that you can take good care of the apartment for me in my absence.

Attached are some pictures of how my apartment Bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom looks like.That is the information you need to know about my apartment.If you are interested in renting my apartment Kindly get back to me...Here is my uk mobile number +447821961768

Regards
Jeremy
"

"Hey

Thanks for getting back to me, am so happy to hear from you again but i believe before we proceed with the rental process, we need to share something about each other.

My name is Jeremy Novel, I am 40 years old,i am a civil engineer by profession, i work with DB Leading Building & Brickwork Contractors. It is chinese construction company base in London.I don't drink nor smoke but i'm cool living with people that do,no pets and no girlfriend because I am a very busy man.I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hand working people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. I always love to go on date but seldomly party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis. I like the job because it involves travelling which is one of my hobbies,

I was born and brought up in England. My father was born here in England while my mother from Venice.. I lost my father when i was 2 years old since then i have been living with my mother because am the only son for my parent.

Five years ago, I lost my mother again with heart problem ..It is very painful that is how i inherit this apartment from my mother who is from Venice..

Am still working here in United Kingdom That’s why i am searching for reliable tenant who is going to take good care of this apartment for me in my absence because am still going to be here almost a year

Whenever i traveled like that, I make use of house agent or a friend of mine over there but they cheated a lot on my tenants and my tenants complains a lot about that. That is the reason why i took the keys along with me because i don't want my apartment to be used anyhow in my absence.

Also, I would like to put my trust in you.It is now your turn to tell me something about your self.

Due to the nature of my Job am not always available on phone as i always off my phone but am on my ipad to check mail just write me a message on my email to ask me what ever question you want to ask.

Regards
Jeremy"

Sorry that my name has been used to scam. Unfortunately have been a victim myself. Be vigilant!
#315943 by snowboot Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:26 am
Hi guys, I just saw that my name, Iris Leerdam, is to be found on this website. The person that presents himself as Iris Leerdam is not me and that is not my actual e-mail address. Please do not do any business with him/her, because he surely is a scammer!
Unfortunately I got scammed two summers ago by someone presenting himself as Jeremy Novel (e-mail address [email protected]) for an apartment rent in Venice, Italy. I lost 900 euros that way, and naive me unfortunately sent him a copy of my passport, which has apparently been used by the scam network afterwards. I found the same name and story through this website afterwards and I reported everything to the police. Now that I see that my name is used for scam, I want to clarify that it is not me and that you should NOT TRUST THIS PERSON!

Hereunder his e-mails and story, which is a very common one, as I understood later.

"Hello,

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as:Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom, Bathroom, Toilet,Living room, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven and coffee maker.The bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount.The apartment spacious is about 65sqm and a room is about 30sqm, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Venice.

Flat address: (Via Antonio Vivaldi 14 30126 Lido VE italy ).Its on the first floor of the building

Rent per month: 400EUR with the utilities such as: Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, gas, parking space etc.

Security deposit : 500EUR which will be giving back to you when moving out without any loss or damage of my property

Size: My apartment is two bedroom apartment, am willing to rent out one bedroom and i will be using the other bedroom whenever am around.

But presently am not available in Venice to show you around as am presently in United Kingdom now to work with my company and am here with my keys.All you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside. But i want you to Understand that my apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.That is the reason why i sent you my apartment pictures just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.it is available for short term and long term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for one years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty .That is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment so that you can take good care of the apartment for me in my absence.

Regards
Jeremy
"

"Hey

Thanks for getting back to me, am so happy to hear from you again but i believe before we proceed with the rental process, we need to share something about each other.

My name is Jeremy Novel, I am 40 years old,i am a civil engineer by profession, i work with DB Leading Building & Brickwork Contractors. It is chinese construction company base in London.I don't drink nor smoke but i'm cool living with people that do,no pets and no girlfriend because I am a very busy man.I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hand working people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. I always love to go on date but seldomly party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis. I like the job because it involves travelling which is one of my hobbies,

I was born and brought up in England. My father was born here in England while my mother from Venice.. I lost my father when i was 2 years old since then i have been living with my mother because am the only son for my parent.

Five years ago, I lost my mother again with heart problem ..It is very painful that is how i inherit this apartment from my mother who is from Venice..

Am still working here in United Kingdom That’s why i am searching for reliable tenant who is going to take good care of this apartment for me in my absence because am still going to be here almost a year

Due to the nature of my Job am not always available on phone as i always off my phone but am on my ipad to check mail just write me a message on my email to ask me what ever question you want to ask.

Regards
Jeremy"

Sorry that my name has been used to scam. Unfortunately have been a victim myself. Be vigilant!

Grobbs wrote:Same story in Amsterdam, several email addresses on different advertisements:
Bank account:

#372071 by Missdlytis Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:10 am
Hello,

I’ve just had the same scam from Mathei Florian for an apartment in Amsterdam. Does anyone know if he persists to contact you at all? :(