Room for Rent and other rental scams
#219560 by AlanJones Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:19 am
From Alexandra Francisc - [email protected]

Hello,

The apartment located in Ronda del General Mitre 131, Barcelona is still available. As you can see from the pictures is in excellent condition, very clean and very well kept. Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place.
You can use my furniture if you want and everything from the apartment otherwise you can deposit it in the storage unit that is near the building not far away. Of course I will cover the costs for movers. The apartment rent is € 500/month with everything included-all the utilities (heat, hydro, water, electricity, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet). Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

Note that the apartment is a private property, already paid in full and NO mortgage on it. The surrounding area is great. Schools and groceries near-by. I'm sure you will have everything that you need there because is one of the most important areas in the city. Pets and children are allowed in the building. Now about me: I'm a structural engineer and I work for MWH Global Engineering, I'm 45 years old, married, with 2 children. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money. The company I work for they have projects all around the world so most of my time I'm traveling. The apartment will be available for the next 6 years for sure. I want to rent the place on my own because it's a private property therefore I need to send you the keys and the papers. I'm sure we can find a way for both of us to be satisfied.

Best regards,
Alexandra Francisc

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#219561 by AlanJones Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 am
Hi XXX, it's nice to have a reply from you so quickly!
I'm in London now.
The apartment is ready for you, you will only have to receive the keys and the contract to check it and see if you like it. In order of that, I've found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast so you will receive the keys in less than 3 days. No one could help me show the apartment because I don't know the neighbours very well..
The solution I've chosen is provided by a company called DepositGuard Escrow; they handle rentals for people who are unable to solve them alone, which are abroad etc., so they will take care both the delivery and payment issues. I will support all the shipping taxes for the package.
Regarding the monthly payments I want to receive them in my bank account from London so I hope it will be no problem for you.
I would like to know more details about you...this just to know us better, it is very important for me to know who will live in my apartment because I want a good person.
I think you can understand me.. and finally I request for a 2 months deposit (1 month warranty+1 month of rent).

Hope to hear from you soon and I'll explain you more about how we will do this.
Sincerely,
Alexandra Francisc

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#219562 by AlanJones Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 am
Hi XXX,
Thanks for everything you've told me about yourself!
I will inform you about how this service works. As I said before, you will need to deposit into DepositGuard Escrow bank account the money for 2 months (1 month warranty+1 month of rent= € 1,000), so they can proceed with the shipping and you will receive the keys and the contract.
I will explain you step by step how DepositGuard Escrow (www.depositguardescrow.com) service works:
- To start the transaction I will need your shipping details(phone number,name,address etc.) so I can send to the DepositGuard Escrow office and make all the legal arrangements .
- DepositGuard Escrow will check the envelope and if everything is in order they will send you a payment invoice to let you know they have the package in their custody.
- After you will receive the payment invoice, you will need to make the money transfer in their bank account.
- After the transfer is checked, you will receive the package in 2-3 days at your address. Then,you will go together with the their agent to see the apartment and you will have a period of 24 hours to decide if you keep it or not.
If you don't like the apartment by any plausible reasons, the agent will give you the money back or send it to your account, and you will send them the package back to return me on my expense.
All this time the company will keep the money in holding, I will receive it only after the contract is signed!
If you agree then, you need to send me your full name and address so I will be able to make all the arrangements with the DepositGuard Escrow company.

Many thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Alexandra Francisc

#219563 by AlanJones Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:21 am
Thanks for the shipping details!
I will contact DepositGuard and forward them your details so they can begin the procedure.As soon as the transfer is done and checked by DepositGuard, their agent will put in contact with you to establish a meeting so you can view the apartment.
If you have any kind of problems in this please let me know.

Also,I will be greatfull if you will give me an email after you receive the payment invoice.

Many thanks again and I will wait news from you!

#219564 by AlanJones Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:21 am
Hi XXX,
I sent your details to DepositGuard Escrow.
I just wanted to confirm you that DepositGuard Escrow sent you the payment invoice.
As soon as the transfer will be checked, the agent will put in contact with you to establish a meeting so you can view the apartment.

So,one more thing.. check your junk box of the email maybe you will receive the DepositGuard Escrow email there, as I've received one of their emails in the junk.

#219565 by AlanJones Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 am
From DepositGuard Escrow - [email protected]

DepositGuard securely holds your rental payments and security deposits in a neutral account until you arrive to the property.
When Buyers and Sellers do not know each other, they need a third-party they can trust to reduce the potential risk of fraud and deception. DepositGuard is a licensed escrow service company, regulated by governmental agencies, that acts as a trusted third party by collecting, holding and disbursing funds according to Buyer and Seller instructions. DepositGuard provides protection for both Buyer and Seller. Buyers receive and inspect the merchandise before the Seller is paid. Sellers receive their money if the Buyer accepts the merchandise.

Important Delivery Information
Scheduled Delivery: 18-September-2014

Description of Goods: Apartment Keys and Rental Contract verified signed by the Sender. Owner of the apartment in: Ronda del General Mitre 131, 08022 Barcelona, Spain.
All the papers are double checked.

Shipment Information
Ship From:
First Name: Alexandra
Last Name: Francisc
Address: 28 Stockwell Green
City: London
Zip Code: SW9 9HZ

Ship To:
First Name: XXX
Last Name: XXX
Address: XXX
City: XXX
Zip Code: XXX
Payment Detail
Amount: EURO 1,000.00 (1 month in security deposit + 1 month of rent)

Payment Method: Bank Transfer

Shipping Costs: Paid by the owner
DepositGuard Bank Account
IBAN: GB68 BARC 2069 3490 3902 16
Barclays Bank PLC: 107 Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hants, PO1 1BT
Account holder: DepositGuard
SWIFT: BARCGB22
Sort code: 206934
Account no.: 90390216

NOTE: The transfer must be made within 48 working hours after you will receive this payment notification from DepositGuard Escrow.

NOTE: The transaction was registered from United Kingdom, and the payment must be sent to our bank account to DepositGuard Escrow.

Once the transfer is made, please forward us the following information:
- Sender's Name and Address
- Paper Scan of bank
- Amount sent

*NOTE: The Buyer has the right of a fully refund of the deposit in case of any plausible reason, or if the apartment is not as in the description. The money will be refunded by our agents in the same day.

Discover more about DepositGuard:
Visit depositguardescrow.com

© 2014 DepositGuard, Inc. DepositGuard, the DepositGuard brandmark, and the color brown are trademarks of DepositGuard, Inc. All rights reserved.For more information on DepositGuard's privacy practices, refer to the DepositGuardPrivacy Policy.

This communication contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, the reading, copying, disclosure or other use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are instructed to please delete this email immediately.

Privacy Policy

DepositGuard Bank Account
IBAN: GB68 BARC 2069 3490 3902 16
Barclays Bank PLC: 107 Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hants, PO1 1BT
Account holder: DepositGuard
SWIFT: BARCGB22
Sort code: 206934
Account no.: 90390216

#219656 by AlanJones Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:48 am
New bank account - guess there must have been a problem with the other one :D

DepositGuard securely holds your rental payments and security deposits in a neutral account until you arrive to the property.
When Buyers and Sellers do not know each other, they need a third-party they can trust to reduce the potential risk of fraud and deception. DepositGuard is a licensed escrow service company, regulated by governmental agencies, that acts as a trusted third party by collecting, holding and disbursing funds according to Buyer and Seller instructions. DepositGuard provides protection for both Buyer and Seller. Buyers receive and inspect the merchandise before the Seller is paid. Sellers receive their money if the Buyer accepts the merchandise.

Important Delivery Information
Scheduled Delivery: 19-September-2014
Ronda del General Mitre 131, 08022 Barcelona, Spain.
Bank: Halifax Bank
Address: 39 Market Street, Wellingborough, London, NN8 1SB, United Kingdom
Account holder: D.G.
IBAN: GB04 HLFX 1108 2111 2357 69
Sort Code: 11-08-21
Account no: 11235769
BIC: HLFXGB21W31

NOTE: The transfer must be made within 48 working hours after you will receive this payment notification from DepositGuard Escrow.

NOTE: The transaction was registered from United Kingdom, and the payment must be sent to our bank account to DepositGuard Escrow.

Once the transfer is made, please forward us the following information:
- Sender's Name and Address
- Paper Scan of bank
- Amount sent

*NOTE: The Buyer has the right of a fully refund of the deposit in case of any plausible reason, or if the apartment is not as in the description. The money will be refunded by our agents in the same day.

Discover more about DepositGuard:
Visit depositguardescrow.com

© 2014 DepositGuard, Inc. DepositGuard, the DepositGuard brandmark, and the color brown are trademarks of DepositGuard, Inc. All rights reserved.For more information on DepositGuard's privacy practices, refer to the DepositGuardPrivacy Policy.

This communication contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, the reading, copying, disclosure or other use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are instructed to please delete this email immediately.

Privacy Policy

Bank: Halifax Bank
Address: 39 Market Street, Wellingborough, London, NN8 1SB, United Kingdom
Account holder: D.G.
IBAN: GB04 HLFX 1108 2111 2357 69
Sort Code: 11-08-21
Account no: 11235769
BIC: HLFXGB21W31