Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#220073 by Michelle Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 am
Ian Drummond <[email protected]>

Hi and thanks for the email. I am sorry for the late reply. The van is in very good condition, no problems here, no VAT added. I must tell you that it belonged to my brother who unfortunately passed away 3 months ago. The price I am looking for is £9,600.00 (I can also have it delivered within the UK for 120 pounds). Please see the attached pictures. Let me know if you are still interested. It's located in Inverness, Scotland

See below some features on the van:

Alde Gas & Electric heating and hot water, end bathroom with separate circular shower, heated towel rail, electric flush toilet, double bed, 190 Ltr fridge/freezer, oven,grill and hob with electronic ignition, stainless steel 800 watt microwave, radio/CD/MP3 player, TV aerial, Tracker alarm, thathem approved Stolen Vehicle Recovery System. AL-KO stabiliser and shock absorbers, AL-KO ATC Trailer Control System, Alloy Wheels, LED Lighting throughout, with mood lighting in lounge area.Porch Awning

Thank you,
Anna & Ian Drummond

Advertisement

#220107 by Jono4alz Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:37 pm
Hi and thanks for the email. I am sorry for the late reply. The van is in very good condition, no problems here, no VAT added. I must tell you that it belonged to my father who unfortunately passed away 3 months ago. The price I am looking for is £4,500.00 (I can also have it delivered within the UK for 120 pounds). Please see the attached pictures. Let me know if you are still interested. It's located in Inverness, Scotland

Let me explain. I do not live in Inverness, we are based in Dublin, Ireland so I can't go there every time someone wants to see it, plus I can't go alone as I am a woman and my husband Ian is unfit to travel. I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay. Delivery can be arranged in 2-3 days and you will have the chance to inspect it before I get paid, only if we go through PayPal as well. We will use PayPal - Pay After Delivery which gives you 14 days for the van to be delivered before any funds are released to me. PayPal will securely hold the funds. Please read below about PayPal (Pay after delivery).

https://www.paypal.co.uk/pay-after-delivery-more/

Everything is covered by ebay they will keep your money secured during the inspection period. This purchase protection guarantees that the van is exactly as I described it; basically, once delivered, you'll have 5-7 days to inspect it and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time and they will charge me with the return costs. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received the van in good order.

If you like it, let me know your ebay user id, paypal email along with a phone number and your name, address where it must be delivered so i can register the sale with ebay to proceed.

If you will decide to not go through now then is not a problem I still quite have a few more offers from potential buyers. Hopefully, I made myself understood and we will be closing the deal. I look forward to hearing from you soon

Thanks
Anna & Ian Drummond

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM
#220339 by zedf19 Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:18 am
Hi there, our friend had exactly the same correspondence from this low life regarding a trike for sale @ £4500.00 yesterday.
Our friend was using our computer thankfully and I didn't like the sound of it from the start for some reason alarm bells were ringing. Too many things didn't weigh up. Luckily for my friend this person sent a link via private email which I thought was very dodgy and it was for the wrong bike, he then apologised and said it was another bike he was selling for his ''deceased brother''. However on inspecting the Ebay listing link he sent, it was so obviously a bogus ebay page, spelling and grammar mistakes, badly arranged titles etc. He even had the cheek to say he didn't want to be messed around when we asked him additional questions about the trike. I then googled his email address and name and luckily found this great site. It was enough for our friend to realise he was being conned as he is not at all computer or ebay savvy and would have definitely fallen for this scam! I cannot believe he is continuing to do this. He has contacted us last night to say he is arranging for the trike to be delivered to us! Not heard from him today he obviously knows he has been sussed. Not sure if it is worth reporting but would hate for anyone to actually go through with it and get ripped off! Thanks for the warning and peoples comments.
#220352 by TerranceBoyce Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:23 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Jono4alz and zedf19 and your feedback is appreciated and confirms that our reports make a difference and are saving people from getting scammed. We know that a lot of people aren't so lucky and are losing a significant amount of money that will affect them for months to come.

The rule is - never buy anything you haven't viewed and inspected personally for any reason whatsoever. Never be fooled by any story that a trustworthy third party will do the job for you. Anyone who advertises something for sale that can't be viewed by a buyer should be considered a scammer.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#220905 by nutandboltman Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:22 am
Mr & Mrs Drummond have been busy! They have moved into the classic bike market by offering a triumph trident t160 & bsa rocket 3. Both sets of photos & dialogue have been taken from previous adverts. £120 seems to be the standard shipping charge & Inverness the location, somewhat reluctant to show & ignoring requests for information. As advised never buy without viewing & if it seems to good to be true then it probably isn't...!