Information on romance scams and scammers.
#220115 by ingkro Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:03 pm
Hi I am new here to day and I have questions I need help to find out off. I have recently chatted with 5 different men,claiming to be soldiers. They all answer the same when I ask them to make video calls with me so that we can se each other,like on skype,yahoo,tango,etc that,no they cant coz they are in camp and they are not allowed to use web cam,they are not allowed to use their own cell phones due to security in camp.There is only on pc in the camp and that is of restricted use,so they can only chat with me. And they use only PDA system and that does not provide them to the use of video calls.Three of them asked for money and then I knew they were fake and ut out the contact immediatly. But is it any true in what they say? I thought that soldiers could have video calls with their loved ones!? I will be very happy for any help. Thank you for all help!

I have one question,are soldiers in camp allowed to use web cam to make video calls, skype or yahoo,with cam,and are they not allowed to use their own cellphones when in camp?
Advertisement

#220116 by Bryon Williams Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:16 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners ingkro,

All five men are scammers. Most likely W. African males.

They do not do webcams because you will see that they are not who they are pretending to be. So they will lie and make up excuses why they can't.

Do not trust webcams as proof. The more successful scammers have tools to fake a webcam session.

Soldiers would never ask a stranger for money for anything. The military provides phones, internet, medical and flights home. Military members do not pay for leave. It is part of their benefits package. No one, not even wives, children or family members would ever communicate with a Military members chain of Command. Let alone an internet friend.

Military members do not spend their time searching for love on the internet. With the little spare time they have will be spent with family back home.

Please read this thread on Military Romance Scams. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#220171 by ingkro Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:32 am
Hi. I read your answer to me and I am very happy for all the inormation you sent me.I had a feeling about this men beeing fake coz it sounded strange to me that they should not have any possibility to make video calls. But I could not be sure coz I am from Norway and have no knowledge about us army! Thank you again,this was very useful to me!
Ingkro

I have one question,are soldiers in camp allowed to use web cam to make video calls, skype or yahoo,with cam,and are they not allowed to use their own cellphones when in camp?
#220185 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:05 am
Can you please post all the email addresses and names they used? This will help other women avoid their scam attempts.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/