Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#190817 by cw722 Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:58 pm
I believe this is a scam considering no legitimate company hiring a person uses Western Union or asks for information in this way through an email. I found scamwarners.com and decided to post it here. Avoid the scam.

SCAM EMAIL BELOW!!
-------------------------------------------------------
Good Day,

ModernSpace Rentals,is an online company for renting and buying properties. Our 10,000+ rentals in over 40 countries worldwide act as the driving force of our company. The company is growing dynamically and its formation is ongoing, at this particular moment we are expanding our business area and increasing the number of property units in our database. For this reason we are widening our network of real estate agents and need more representatives in our account receivable department. We are known for competitive salaries, bonus/incentive programs and excellent benefits. Are you interested in an environment that rewards hard work and creative contributions? If yes, then join our big family.

Duties:
I). Sending rent payments to Landlords
II). Receiving rent payments from customers
III). Data entry
IV). Deduct 10% which will be your Commission/pay on Payment processed and remit our balance to us either via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram.

Salary:
I). 1000USD per month. First salary you get after 30 days from the day you start working.
II). 10% from each received rent payment processed on the same day you receive it (cashiers checks or money orders) . 1-4 Rent payments per week. Amount of one rent payment varies from :800-5000USD.

Requirements:
18 years or older.
Responsible Reliable and Trustworthy
Available to work a minimum 3-4 hours per week.
Able to check and respond to emails often.
Easy telephone access.
Computer Knowledge is a plus

We DON'T require an active agent license.
We DON'T require your bank information.
We are sure this work will be interesting and simple for you. The greatest advantage of this position is its remote character and the
possibility of spending only a few hours a day working while earning a base 12,000USD per year plus your commissions (up to 20,000USD per year).

To complete this stage of your job placement you should confirm your information by sending it via email to : [email protected]

FULL NAME:
PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE NUMBER:
CELL PHONE NUMBER:
EMAIL:
BEST TIME TO CALL YOU :

As soon as possible our staff manager will get in touch with you and give you instructions about your work.

We look forward to reading from you soon.

Sincerely,

Jude Cherot.
ModernSpace Rentals.© 1995-2014

-------------------------------

Let me know why I'm receiving this email if anyone has any more information. Thanks.
Advertisement

#192550 by Bryon Williams Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:56 pm
The last person that replied said "probably".

This was an answer to the original poster asking how the scammer got his email address.

The reason you received it is probably that the scammer got your address from a spam broker who got it from a spider in the Web

vonpaso xlura answer was it is a scam. The original poster said it is a scam.

It is a scam. You will be used as a money mule to launder stolen funds for a scammer. He will ask you to deposit the check and send some monies to him or a third person. Eventually, your bank will notify you of the fraud. You will have to pay the money back. The bank could close your account, notify other banks of your fraud along with contacting Law Enforcement of the attempted fraud you committed against the bank.

You and only you will ever be caught. The scammer is using a fake name, website and free email address.

No company in the world will send checks, western union/Money Gram payments or use peoples bank accounts for the company. No company sends checks to people they met over the internet. No company will use a free email address like gmail, yahoo, hotmail, aol and etc.

It is best to rip up the checks and cease all communication with the scammer.

Please post the email address they used with you and a couple of their initial emails to you. Please remove any identifying information of you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#193005 by UsefulClues Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:19 pm
I knew this was a scam! Just got the exact email this morning but with a different name at the end (Marion Trent). The context or way the person (s) speak is definitely foreign like those foreign lottery scam emails. I blocked them. Thank you for the confirmation :D