Room for Rent and other rental scams
#220182 by Michelle Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:55 am
To: Michelle Banks
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2014 11:07:57 PM
Subject: for: Amazing apartment in Sheung Wan

Thanks for your response once again,the monthly rent fee is HKD5000 and I really appreciate your expression. i don't have any friend or relative to show you inside the apartment because I'm with the keys and documents.I want you to stick to your words. I want you to fill out the questions below, you must answer those questions to qualify for the rental of my apartment. In fact i would like to meet you when coming to visit the apartment soonest like 4 months time or something.i would offer a long term and short term rental anytime you wish to leave the apartment will be grateful and am ready to rent for as long as you want. Note that you will not be allowed to view the inside of the apartment until everything is being finalize as the keys/document are with me here in Pretoria. You can only view the
apartment from the outside. The rent per month includes all UTILITIES with PARKING available.

*******RENT APPLICATION FORM*********
(Private & Confidential)
Also, Please let me get these answers.
1) Your Full Name
2) Present Full Address (where you reside now) & Phone Number to Reach You
3) Age
4) Are you married?
5) How many people will be living in the apartment?
6) Do you have a pet?
7) Do you have a car?
8) Occupation?
9) Citizen of which Country?
10) When are you ready to Move in ?
11) When are u planning to leave the apartment ?
12) How many months rent can you deposit upfront (plus security deposit)
13) Picture of the Occupant?

Looking forward to read from you with all this details for approval so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you, Please am doing this transaction based on Trust & Honesty and again I want you to stick to your words,am putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let me down in this property of mine.
N:B : am doing this because of God & as good Christians, If you can pay two months rent and deposit, you will get one month free,you can fill out the rent application above and get back to me as soon as possible. You can call me on +2774921119. Note:- am looking for someone who is ready to move in as soon as possible since my apartment is free right now and i will be giving out a month free.God bless you as you do this.
Regards
Apartment address:170-172 Hollywood Road Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Island

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement