Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#213568 by happyfamilia Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:28 am
2009 (58) VW T5 Camper van 1.9 TDi Very Low Miles
Item ID: 131260834436
End time: 01-Sep-14 19:06:02 BST

The seller replied to your personal email with this :

2009 (58) VW T5 Camper van 1.9 TDi Very Low Miles
Item ID: 131260834436
End time: 01-Sep-14 19:06:02 BST
As i said, the transaction will be done by the shipping company, due to the fact i'm overseas and I can not meet with you in person. They will be the 3rd, objective party involved in the transaction. This way you will actually pay for the camper van after you will receive and test it, because CDS-Express will hold the funds in an Escrow and release it to me only after you accept and confirm the delivery.

You will have 10 days to test , decide and accept the buy. If you decide to take it you will have to contact them and confirm that, so they can release the money to me. If you won't like it you will have to ship it back to me within the 10 days and they will refund you. The shipping back will be done on my own expense, but I am sure this will not be the case.

If you decide to buy the camper van,please include the following information in your next email.
-Full Name;
-Shipping Address (postal code,full address)
-Phone Number

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience

THEN THE SHIPPING COMPANY WILL SEND AN EMAIL LIKE THIS :

Payment Terms:
Payment method accepted: Bank transfer, Electronic transfer, CHAPS/BACS payments
The payment will be sent to our company account.
The Buyer should submit the payment within 48 hours since the payment Invoice was issued.
If the Buyer is unable to proceed with payment as requested he should notify CDS-Express.

Account details for payment:
Bank Name: TSB BANK

Account Name: CDS-Express
Account number: 00201468

Sort code: 77-72-61

BIC: TSBSGB21436

IBAN:

GB62 TSBS 7772 6100 2014 68

Additional instructions: Reference Transaction #562415746

The Buyer must confirm the payment.
Fax the bank receipt to 44 2076811991 or scan it and send it via e-mail ( [email protected] ).

The Buyer should allow payment clearance (usually 24 hours).
After the payment is cleared we will start the shipping and provide the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) at destination.

Purchase Protection and Refund:

An inspection period of 10 working days will be given to the buyer to inspect the shipped vehicle.
The Buyer could refuse the vehicle whithin 5 working days and receive a full refund.
A full refund will be sent to the Buyer in maximum three days since he notifies CDS-Express that he will not keep the vehicle.

CDS-Express will have to make all necessary arrangements to take the vehicle from the Buyer's possession

Situations where an immediate refund will be sent to the Buyer:

* The vehicle doesn't accord to its listed description
* Paying for the vehicle and not receiving it;
* Paying for the vehicle and receiving a stolen one;
* Paying for the vehicle and receiving it with undisclosed damage;
* Paying for the vehicle and receiving it with an undisclosed lien against it or any other kind of debts or bank liabilities;
* Receiving a V5 that is not signed, is improperly assigned, or receiving a V5 but not being able to register the vehicle;

If you have any questions regarding the procedure or the steps to follow don't hesitate to contact us.
Direct replying to this e-mail (preferable contact option as a higher quantity of information can be sent/received).

Thank you for your purchase,

* WE FOUND OUT THAT THIE SCAMMER HAS THE SAME SCENARIO FOR AUDI CAR IN THE PAST....THEY WANT YOU FIRST TO SEND THE PAYMENT BEFORE THEY SHIP THE VAN...TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...BEWARE !!!!
Advertisement

#216030 by Rustywind Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:07 am
Hi,
I was almost scammed by the same person trying to buy this camper van, they used the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected].

They direct you to a vehicle distribution company, in my case www.TD-distribution.org but is you type the company name into www.whois.com you learn that the company is a matter of days old and was set up in Florida.
td-distribution.org registry whois
Domain ID: D173611390-LROR
Creation Date: 2014-08-14T20:35:34Z
Updated Date: 2014-08-14T20:35:36Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2015-08-14T20:35:34Z
Sponsoring Registrar:Register.com, Inc. (R71-LROR)
Registrant ID:82716693b8e39607
Registrant Name:PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
Registrant Street: 12808 Gran Bay Parkway West
Registrant City:Jacksonville
Registrant State/Province:FL
Registrant Postal Code:32258
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9027492701

The email I got from the seller is below, hope this helps others to not loose their money:
Hi,
First of all, I want to thank you for your interest in my camper van : 2009 VW T5 Camper van 1.9 TDi.This camper is in excellent working conditions,NO accidents, slightly used, and in 100% working and looking conditions,ONLY 28,209 miles, is always garaged and rarely used and it has HPI clear.It has full service history.Tax until Dec 2014 and MOT until May 2015. The final price that I will accept for this vehicle is £9,450 (including shipping and handling).
My husband died 3 months ago, and this camper brings me bad memories, and that's the reason that I want to sell it. I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister in Stockholm,Sweden.The camper van is already at Shipping Company-www.TD-Distribution.org (ready for delivery) in Cheshire.
The transaction will be done by the shipping company TD-Distribution, due to the fact i'm overseas and I can not meet with you in person.I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.
#220214 by Inglejano Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:03 am
Looks like they are at it again
Got this from a inquire at http://motorhomes.caravansforsale.co.uk

Glenn Hillen < [email protected] >
22:11 (12 hours ago)

to me
Hi,

First of all, I want to thank you for your interest in my motorhome: 2002 ROLLER TEAM AUTO ROLLER.This motorhome is in excellent working conditions,NO accidents, slightly used, and in 100% working and looking conditions,ONLY 53,368 miles, is always garaged and rarely used and it has HPI clear. It has full service history.Tax until Dec 2014 and MOT until May 2015. The final price that I will accept for this vehicle is £7,400 (including shipping and handling).

My husband died 3 months ago, and this camper brings me bad memories, and that's the reason that I want to sell it. I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister in Stockholm,Sweden.The motorhome is already at Shipping Company- (ready for delivery).

The transaction will be done by the shipping company, due to the fact i'm overseas and I can not meet with you in person.I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Thanks

Safety Tip- Always ask to see the product before buying
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.